DVDVR Message Board

Vince Russo books old school storylines

Jerry Lawler constantly insults the Hart family leading into Summerslam '93. At the PPV, the whole family turns on Bret to help Lawler win. The next night on RAW, Owen reveals that Bret was adopted, and they hate him carrying the Hart name. The Harts become friends with Lawler, completely ignoring the previous months. Bret fights his way through his former family (including the sisters) to get a rematch with Lawler at WM X.

During the match they do a double turn, and Bret forms a team of evil Canadians, which includes himself, several Americans and one Japanese wrestler. At some point Lawler turns heel again to join Team Canada. Lawler & Bret still hate each other, but manage to win the tag titles and hold them for six weeks.

Lawler wins the WWF title and ousts Bret as the leader. Bret FINALLY gets his revenge on Lawler and wins the title at WM XI.

Bret loses the title two weeks later on RAW in an unadvertised cage match.

Afterwards Bret changes his name to Bret Shart- 80's Ladies Man.  

The main event of Halloween Havoc 1992 is a coal miner's glove on a pole match instead of a coal miner's glove match.

But that is only determined once you climb another poll to spin a wheel to determine what would be on the first pole.

Also, the wheel is actually gimmicked to land on the coal miners glove on a pole match, because no one would see it coming.

At Wrestlemania I, David Sammartino has Bruno in his corner for his match against Brutus Beefcake.  David turns on his father and eventually we get six-man tag matches of David, Randy Savage and Adrian Adonis vs Bruno, Tito Santana, and George the Animal Steele.

David and Randy have a falling out, which leads to an IC title match between the two,  Miss Elizabeth turns on the Macho Man and David Sammartino is your new Intercontinental champion.

At Wrestlemania I, David Sammartino has Bruno in his corner for his match against Brutus Beefcake.  David turns on his father and eventually we get six-man tag matches of David, Randy Savage and Adrian Adonis vs Bruno, Tito Santana, and George the Animal Steele.

David and Randy have a falling out, which leads to an IC title match between the two,  Miss Elizabeth turns on the Macho Man and David Sammartino is your new Intercontinental champion.

You forgot to add the part where David gets the Honky Tonk Man gimmick and smashes balsa wood guitars over someone's head during every match. Wayne Ferris is then brought in as an Elvis impersonator impersonator and he and David feud over who is the better Elvis clone.

You forgot to add the part where David gets the Honky Tonk Man gimmick and smashes balsa wood guitars over someone's head during every match. Wayne Ferris is then brought in as an Elvis impersonator impersonator and he and David feud over who is the better Elvis clone.

"David Sammartino's friend from the streets of Memphis".,,,,,these two have a past history!

...Wayne Ferris is then revealed as Elvis's killer. Lisa Marie Presley is bought in for the blow off at WM. Lisa Marie turns on Gene Okerlund.

The Higher Power is revealed to be Brian Pillman.

He hasn't actually faked his own death, they've just literally dug up a corpse and put it in the ring.

Despite the millions in fines and jail time for all involved, bro, I swear to you, I'm shooting here, it made page 4 in USA Today, which made it all worth it.

• Like 2

"Bro, listen, back in nineteen dickety-two, we had to use dicketys for a week after the Germans dumped Chyna's tea into Pearl Harbor and we lost the use of the number two for a week but we kept the second two the whole time so we swerved those commies.  Anyway, the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance at the time, their ratings on the old Dupont Network were flatter than Chyna's tits before she got the surgery, bro.  Bro, back then the Goldust trio: "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, if you will, bro, Toots Mountain, who they called "Toots" cause he only talked by honking a horn, and George "Pinky" Tuscadaro controlled all the big time wrestling in the country.  Bro, they wanted Orville Brown to win the belt.  Orville was trained by Hillbilly Jim and Jim was tight with Dusty but bro, Orville Brown or as I called him, Orville Redandbocker cause he was so boring all the fans went to get popcorn when he came out.  Bro, at the time, I was part of the TWC, the telegram wrestling community, and Lou Thesz was who those fans wanted, bro.  STOP  My first choice was Bruno but he was stuck fighting Nazis in Japan at the time.  Anyway, bro, I convinced the Goldust Trio to run with Lou but Orville wasn't willing to do business so I told Hillbilly Jim to turn on him and give Orville four flat tires so he wouldn't make the match.  I was wearing my Willie Mays Giants jersey instead of my Babe Ruth jersey so Hillbilly knew I was shooting, bro.  And that's how Lou Thesz became NWA Champion and I turned the NWA into National Wrestling Attitude, bro and all they drew was ratings, bro, at least until Jim Cornette came around but that's another story, bro."

• Like 5

Well, Gobblety Gooker replaces Ultimate Warrior in the Ultimate Test Of Survival at 1990 Survivor Series and carries Hogan and Santana to victory, obviously.

This coming after Gooker attacked the Warrior backstage, forcing Warrior out of the match in the first place.

Which Gooker eventually reveals he did because he knew Warrior himself was going to turn on Hogan during the bout, planning to injure Hogan so as to avoid defending the title against him in the future.

And then Gooker wins the Royal Rumble (drawing a special and unprecedented "#31" that was in the egg Gooker hatched from all along).

The WWF builds towards Hogan's first WWF title win and Tito winning the IC belt from Muraco. Suddenly, Hogan wins the IC belt then Tito beats Sheiky.

They both drop their titles within two months.

Also it's heel Tito vs face Shiek

WCW signs the hottest free agent of the time, Raven.

...who then debuts as whiny Jewish stereotype, Morty Goldstein, and immediately starts a feud with Alex Wright. Jeep Swanson is still on the roster and makes an appearance during the one off Belsen Death Match, refereed by Fritz Von Erich. Barry Horrowitz makes the save, and Alex Wright is tied to a giant Star of David.

The feud is immediately relegated to WCW Saturday Night, and after using a loaded yarmulke gimmick, both men are quickly released.

Sonny Onoo settles out of court for 45 million.

But then Flair would turn on Liz revealing he had been with Randy first.

But then Randy would attack Flair and reveal that he told Liz to sleep with Flair to set him up. He slept with Ric to get the plot going because MACHO MADNESS.

Followed by Russo revealing he is ALL THREE of their fathers and Flair is pregnant...but whose kids is it?!

Jerry Lawler turns on himself and throws a fireball into his own eye to cost himself a match against Andy Kaufman, turning heel in the process, because he wants in to Hollywood and/or he realized he agreed with every stereotype of southern 'rasslin fans Andy subjected the people to and Lawler is "tired of representing you yokels".

I can't wait until we get a "Russo books World History" thread.  Who didn't want FDR to turn on England, drop atomic bombs on London and Paris, and join the Axis powers?

Every European royal family with a Hapsburg connection turns on England and forms the Old World Order.

• Like 1

Bro, listen, in one of the hottest angles of the decade, Bill Watts is set up by by Eddie Gilbert and attacked by the Russians, who drape the USSR flag over him. This 'revives' Watts as a brainwashed commie who, as the authority figure in UWF, begins to help the ruskies at every turn. This culminates with a huge arena show, featuring a flag on the cage match of the Russians, Eddie Gilbert, and Bill Watts against Steve Williams. Upon seeing the USA flag, Watts snaps out of it and singlehandedly beats Gilbert and the Russians. Due to the communist brainwashing, he can't actually touch the USA flag though and Steve Williams has to retrieve the flag. He swerves the crowd though by snatching the USSR flag and joining them and becoming 'The Winter Soldier'. This is all forgotten two weeks later when the Sheepherders come in to the territory. Bro.

A Java whizz should try and recreate this to create a Vince Russo storyline generator
http://games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

Grover Cleveland already was booked by Russo though

Republicans, aided by sermons from an opportunistic preacher named George H. Ball, resurrected allegations that Cleveland had fathered an illegitimate child while he was a lawyer in Buffalo, and chanted "Ma, Ma, where's my Pa?".[87] When confronted with the emerging scandal, Cleveland's immediately instructed his supporters to "Above all, tell the truth." Cleveland admitted to paying child support in 1874 to Maria Crofts Halpin, the woman who claimed he fathered her child, named Oscar Folsom Cleveland. Halpin was involved with several men at the time, including Cleveland's friend and law partner, Oscar Folsom, for whom the child was also named. Cleveland did not know which man was the father, and is believed to have assumed responsibility because he was the only bachelor among them.