DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

In the long history of Russo, this has to be the ultimate in Russo stupidity.    From Mike Johnson at PWinsider:

As previously noted here on the site, Vince Russo has publicly declined to comment on PWInsider.com's story that he is still working for TNA as a creative consultant    Therefore, it was very interesting today that I received an email from Russo, who accidentally cc'd me in, featuring instructions and advice from him to Mike Tenay and Taz on how certain segments of a TNA TV episode about to be voiced over should be handled.   That should put to rest, once and for all, any question that Russo is still involved and working for TNA.
  • Like 1

Both?

“Recently, I accidentally sent an e-mail to a third-party that was not meant for their eyes. The e-mail concerned my current involvement with TNA Wrestling.

TNA rendered my services as a consultant to work with their announce team of Mike Tenay and Taz. The condition from their side was that I kept it confidential between the two parties. As their employee, it was up to me to honor their wishes, so that’s what I intended to do.

My integrity means everything to me, so I just hope you can understand and forgive.

Peace.”

• Like 1

This is insane. Because this would suggest that TNA knows what an anathema Russo is, so instead of going in a different direction, they'd as soon piss in the faces of their fans and hope said fans confuse it with a rainstorm.

Who cares at this point? It doesn't matter who is or isn't working for TNA. The company is a money mark vanity promotion that will exist for as long as Spike TV lets them. No more, no less.

Well the "big" issue would be that Wrestle-1 has specifically said they wouldn't work with TNA if Russo was involved.

TNA told them he wasn't

So the fact that they are lying to their one partner is telling

• Like 1

So TNA thinks Russo, a guy who has time and time again proven that his run in WWE was only successful because he had someone there to filter and edit his ideas, is valuable enough to threaten their international partnership which brings them not only talent but global exposure? That's a new level of delusion.

Worse Vince to have in your earpiece while trying to do commentary: McMahon or Russo? Is "Call that Diva fat, dammit!" more or less annoying than "Say something about that chick's rack, bro!"?

McMahon by far. I'd be more than likely to say something about a chick's rack without needing someone to tell me than calling a diva fat who obviously isn't.

You can't blame Russo for collecting a paycheck. But TNA compromising their partnership with a promotion over him is just insane. I say we replace "Mark Sanchezing" with "TNA-ing" as the meaning of finding a new and worse way to fail that still surprises people despite your proven incompetence for years, at everything.

Worse Vince to have in your earpiece while trying to do commentary: McMahon or Russo? Is "Call that Diva fat, dammit!" more or less annoying than "Say something about that chick's rack, bro!"?

Depend; which Vince is saying what line? Too interchangeable.

I'd heard somewhere that if the TV deal with Spike TV fell through that TNA would just pack up for Europe.  I wonder if that will be even feasible if Russo's involvement also mucks up relations with All Star.

E-mail CC is how people first discovered Russo was back in the fold a few months ago.  You'd think a guy who writes for the "internet" would understand how e-mail works.

Tajiri is scheduled for the next set of NYC tapings.  Good chance he'll be part of Bound For Glory too since it's in Japan.

I'd be surprised if Wrestle-1 continues working with TNA after BFG.  Dixie made them pull Jarrett from their March show (the current One Night Only PPV) while lying to them about Russo's involvement with the company.

E-mail CC is how people first discovered Russo was back in the fold a few months ago.  You'd think a guy who writes for the "internet" would understand how e-mail works.

Tajiri is scheduled for the next set of NYC tapings.  Good chance he'll be part of Bound For Glory too since it's in Japan.

I'd be surprised if Wrestle-1 continues working with TNA after BFG.  Dixie made them pull Jarrett from their March show (the current One Night Only PPV) while lying to them about Russo's involvement with the company.

According to Meltzer, Gaburick told Muto a while back that yes, Russo is working for TNA but he has no decision-making power.  Apparently Muto was ok with that.

Wouldn't you?

I think everyone does.....except for JJ.  

Would it surprise anyone if TNA gave Russo a consulting gig just to keep him away from Jarrett's new company. TNA knew S.E.X. 2.0 would have been hard to beat.

Jesus...that whole thing is 11 years old now.

Wouldn't you?

I think everyone does.....except for JJ.  

Would it surprise anyone if TNA gave Russo a consulting gig just to keep him away from Jarrett's new company. TNA knew S.E.X. 2.0 would have been hard to beat.

Jesus...that whole thing is 11 years old now.

Instead of SEX, the group would be SEE-ALL-ISS!

Who cares at this point? It doesn't matter who is or isn't working for TNA. The company is a money mark vanity promotion that will exist for as long as Spike TV lets them. No more, no less.

Well according to Meltzer, the main people they were trying to hide Russo from was Spike TV.  Apparently they weren't a fan of his product at all.   Now whether finding out Russo will affect their decision to keep them on I don't know.   It all depends on whether they can convince Spike the same they convinced Russo.