DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

TNA apparently finally got around to announcing they were getting rid of the TV Title

On the shelf with the Legends title and Knockouts TG title?

Well the TV Title originally was the Legends Title (and was also the TNA Global Championship)

So one title - three names

I think Abyss was the last champ.

For all three?

It was one championship that changed names, so yeah.

It started as the Legends title, then Eric Young won it during his phase as a Serious Wrestler and leader of the International Elite and renamed it the Global Title. Then at some point it got rebranded as the TV title, and later Abyss won it and went away.

You know it is very TNA to just scrap the title. I'd rather see them being back the title and have a proper tournament for it. Dare I say, Devon as champion when he had to defend it every week (until Hogan forgot about it) was pretty solid booking for TNA. I'd like to see a good old fashion TV Champion who milks the television time limit to keep the title. Give it to Rockstar Spud. Tell me he wouldn't get massive hate if he kept managing to keep the title because he survived the time limit.

They've got two singles titles, a women's title, and the tag titles. They don't have the roster to support another one.

Sure they do.  Just use one-offs to come in and challenge for the TV Title.

I'm disappointed they never used my idea of having Dixie just give it to EC3.

Ben Leslie

November 24, 2013

Writing Submission Samples

EC3: Global TV Champ

In yet another squash match, Ethan Carter III is brutalizing two enhancement guys on Impact when unbeknownst to him, Sting strolls to the ring and tags himself in and hits EC3 with his bat.  EC3 runs away but is announced as the winner via DQ.  The next week, Dixie Carter, through the regular social media channels teases a special coronation for that week's Impact.  On Impact, Dixie reintroduces the TV Title as the TNA Global Television Championship and awards it to her nephew due to his exceptional undefeated record on television including his huge victory against a TNA Hall of Famer last week despite the fact that Sting wasn't even officially in the match.  New gimmick added for the TV Title is the champion receives a special bonus after every successful weekly title defense.  After EC3 wins, no matter how cheaply, Aunt Dixie awards him a giant novelty check.  Puts even more heat on the spoiled rich kid and sets the table for other babyfaces to want to knock off EC3 and make him pay some dues.  Also, a long-term collision course set with Abyss who was unceremoniously stripped of the title.

• Like 1

So, if the upcoming Wrestle-1 show in Japan goes off as advertised, then TNA just crossed another "WCW Achievement" off the list:

June 20th – Austin Aries defeats Sanada to become champion

June 25th – Austin Aries vacates the title to challenge Lashley at Destination X

June 27th – Samoa Joe beats Low-Ki and Sanada in a triple threat match to become champion

July 6th – Sanada defends the X-Division title against The Great Muta at Wrestle-1

July 17th – match with Austin Aries winning the title actually airs on TV

I would love it if Muta double-crosses TNA and books himself to win the X-Division title on July 6th

Update to this one:

So at the Wrestle-1 event, they actually announced Sanada lost the X-Division title before he had his match with the Great Muta.

Speaking of Sanada

Apparently Wrestle-1 announced that he has signed full time with TNA but will still make an occasional appearance in Japan

I am not sure that changed anything but there ya go

The big UK announcement TNA had been promoting is that they're doing a new season of British Boot Camp. That's the show where several UK wrestlers try to win a TNA contract. Rockstar Spud won the first season. Last time the participants were only 4 and now it's going to be 12. No word on who the wrestlers on the show will be.

I'm excited it find out who will be on it. The BritWres scene has evolved so much in the past decade, there are so many guys who could make an impact on winning. I'm still a bit shocked they didn't offer Marty Scurll a deal after the last season, he'd easily be an upper tier performer in TNA.

I'm excited it find out who will be on it. The BritWres scene has evolved so much in the past decade, there are so many guys who could make an impact on winning. I'm still a bit shocked they didn't offer Marty Scurll a deal after the last season, he'd easily be an upper tier performer in TNA.

Which is a bit like being the world's tallest dwarf.

12 seems like way too many participants.  I know they're going to cut that in half before bringing them to the US but 4 was the perfect number because it allowed for everyone to get enough time.  Although, the Blossoms were basically treated as a package deal so it was more like 3, really.

Wonder who's picking the talent since Jeff Jarrett has possession of the database.

• Like 1

Which is a bit like being the world's tallest dwarf.

Pretty sure Daniel Bryan's still under WWE contract.