DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

I'll wait until August to see how this all actually plays out. Currently I am unimpressed.

The angle with Team Extreme version 7.0 isnt too bad. It's way more interesting then the other power stugggle with MVP. Of course that's not saying much since it's TNA.

What I want to know is wasnt there any other big guys they would bring in other than Sntistky? Jay Bradley should have gotten another shot. I mean hell...Dixie's Boomstick. It's right there people.

They were bringing in Brian Cage, they could go get the Monster Mafia to add another tag team, or anyone else. But no, instead it's more WWE rejects. That is just how it seems to me, given their history of doing so.

Snitsky is awesome and will be well worth whatever money he commands.

In Snitsky's defense, I've heard he actually doesn't get paid with money. Every so often, you just have to find a baby for him to punt.

• Like 2

Per the rumor mill, part of why Spike is reluctant to sign a new deal is that TNA is dropping all their top stars and they're worried more are going to leave soon.

This is completely and perfectly logical but pertaining to TNA it doesn't make sense. TNA draws the same rating no matter who they have on their television. TNA could probably bring in a ton of random low price indy guys and replace all the overpriced WWE rejects and not see the ratings change in a noticeable way.

• Like 1

They were bringing in Brian Cage, they could go get the Monster Mafia to add another tag team, or anyone else. But no, instead it's more WWE rejects. That is just how it seems to me, given their history of doing so.

See, when guys haven't been on WWE TV for years, it's kind of unfair to rag on TNA for hiring "WWE wrestlers." At some point they have to just be "wrestlers" again, especially since we can't assume they're all making Sting money.

• Like 1

I'll somewhat concede that point, their history of hiring ex-WWE wrestlers makes me question their motives when I see stuff like this. I am mostly avoiding spoilers from these takings, so I'll wait and see how it goes.

What has Snitsky or Ezekiel Jackson done since leaving WWE?

So, if the upcoming Wrestle-1 show in Japan goes off as advertised, then TNA just crossed another "WCW Achievement" off the list:

June 20th – Austin Aries defeats Sanada to become champion

June 25th – Austin Aries vacates the title to challenge Lashley at Destination X

June 27th – Samoa Joe beats Low-Ki and Sanada in a triple threat match to become champion

July 6th – Sanada defends the X-Division title against The Great Muta at Wrestle-1

July 17th – match with Austin Aries winning the title actually airs on TV

I would love it if Muta double-crosses TNA and books himself to win the X-Division title on July 6th

So, if the upcoming Wrestle-1 show in Japan goes off as advertised, then TNA just crossed another "WCW Achievement" off the list:

June 25th – Austin Aries vacates the title to challenge Lashley at Destination X

June 27th – Samoa Joe beats Low-Ki and Sanada in a triple threat match to become champion

July 6th – Sanada defends the X-Division title against The Great Muta at Wrestle-1

I would love it if Muta double-crosses TNA and books himself to win the X-Division title on July 6th

I'm confused is Aries, Sanado, or Joe the X-Champ?

Yes.

• Like 6

It's not about weight limits, it's about NO LIMITS~!

• Like 1

It's not about weight limits, it's about NO LIMITS~!

Which makes me wonder why Master P was never brought in as a challenger.

Hootie-hoo!

• Like 3

Yes.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan found a replica of the X-title in a trash can at an indie show.  He also lays claim to the title.  This shit is like Game of Thrones  

Well, here you go, as per PWInsider:

Gene Snitsky and the former Ezekiel Jackson, who were brought in at the NYC tapings to be part of Dixie Carter's forces, are also already done. They were only booked for two of the three NYC tapings with the idea that Carter using them as "real" ECW guys would get heat in NYC and also showcase how far gone the Carter character had gotten. They were booked for the tapings and were not brought in with the idea that they were going to be signed.