DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

The funny thing is, if they were just more selective with their house shows they would be fine.  They always draw well in my area (southeast Virginia), Texas of course, and I am sure other areas.  If they didn't go to places they don't draw, they may actually make some money.  Norfolk should be a yearly stop for them if they insist on touring, DC, NC with the Hardys, etc.  It isn't rocket science.  Don't go to fucking Kansas (no offense, Kansas people).

While I get being irritated about a salary question on Taz's end, I think Keller was making a good point here. Trading on ECW nostalgia might have popped that particular crowd, but it will do next to nothing to grow the company. 

Plus, I'm pretty sure Keller was asking that rhetorically in order to make a point and didn't expect an actual response. Taz was losing that exchange, though, so it was smart of him to take offense and bow out right there. 

I'll go totally philosophical and comment on a family I admittedly know very little about but...

You know why they call it "spoiling" someone when you lavish them with gifts, money, everything they could ever want, etc? Because you are actually spoiling them as a person and removing basic life skills they need if they're going to cope in the real world. Sounds like that's what's happened with Bob Carter and Dixie. He's basically given her everything she ever wanted her whole life, and as a result she's a pretty inept, entitled person with this warped view of the world. In my mind, there's no way Dixie would be so careless with money, if she know the real value of it and had to earn something on her own.

I'd say Stephanie/Vince is a milder example. At least Stephanie is (somewhat) competent and married someone who is knowledgeable about the business and can guide her in the right direction. Maybe that's the difference. (IIRC, Shane was said to actually be really clueless about the business too, according to a few ex-WWE writers.)

For some reason, the wrestlers in that ring look photoshopped. Why are there like three separate collar and elbow toe ups happening simultaneously?

I think it's a tag match. The two wrestlers on the left side of the ring are the legal men, one Guy is waiting for a tag mid ring and the ref is keeping the partner of one of the guys from entering the ring in a classic heel spot.

First three British Bootcamp names announced as RJ Singh, Mark Andrews and Martin Stone. Seen very little of Singh, but Andrews is a great high flyer. His match with Zack Sabre Jr was my BritWres match of the year last year. Stone probably has a good chance of winning, just so TNA can somehow use him worse than WWE did.

Spike wants wrestling, to lead into Bellator.  TNA is counting on that, and really, they're the only game in town.  Spike just had their chance to get WWE, Sinclair presumably isn't going to sell ROH, Jarrett agreed not to put GFW on Spike (which is academic anyway since GFW doesn't really exist), USAAA already has a deal... who else is there?

The whole Jarrent agreed to not shop GFW to Spike doesn't make sense and I don't believe it. What if Spike TV went to GFW? In order for the agreement to be legit if all 3 parties agree to it.

Court Bauer said on a recent podcast, that Ring of Honor can still air on cable channels. I think the agreement only affect Network tv channels that's not owned by Sinclair example your local NBC channel cannot air ROH because its not own by Sinclair.

Why would TNA do anything to anger Spike when their future is in Spike's hands?

Russo has scandalous pictures of Bob Carter with barnyard animals. Has to. There is no other explanation for why TNA is now actively lying to business partners, at a time when they need all the help they can get, just to keep him on board.