DVDVR Message Board

The Youtube Show Thread

Since podcasts go here, I figure this goes here, too.

My current watching obsession is the Kids/Teens/etc React Youtube series by the Fine Brothers.  I'm about a third of the way through watching all React episodes.  Watching that has led to me sticking Epic Rap Battles of History in my queue of things to watch.  I have no interest in watching someone like PewDiePie, however.

What regular Youtube shows are you watching?

I love the React series, one of my favorite things on YouTube.

The newest episode was Kids React to DuckTales and it made me sad and angry at the same time. I'm not one to usually say this, but kids today... :(

I love the React series, one of my favorite things on YouTube.

The newest episode was Kids React to DuckTales and it made me sad and angry at the same time. I'm not one to usually say this, but kids today... :(

It goes back to the parenting, dammit. We've got 2 or 3 season sets of that, so the 12 year old has seen a bunch of episodes. 

• Like 1

I watch all the Giant Bomb stuff, most anything Hank/John Green out out, Table Top, Screen Junkies (they do the Honest Trailers stuff) and a bunch if stuff that I'm blanking on. I watch exponentially more YouTube than TV at this point...

• 2 months later...

Once again the Internet manages to make me feel incredibly old.

The saddest thing: My NES is still standing right beneath my television, ready to be plugged in at any time.

Well, at least according to one kid that makes me a cool hipster.

Game Chasers is better than television. 

Half in the bag is like Siskel & Ebert with less drinking.  Best of the worst: also good to drink whisky to.

Matt Chat does amazing interviews with old time computer gaming types.  His "review" videos are lame.

Also I watched every episode they put up of that Prisoners of Gravity TV show.  Use that show to find lesser known authors.  Like, I thought it was just going to be a comic book show but it's actually one of the best showcases for actual books I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Once again the Internet manages to make me feel incredibly old.

The saddest thing: My NES is still standing right beneath my television, ready to be plugged in at any time.

Well, at least according to one kid that makes me a cool hipster.

had never heard of the series but someone linked me to that episode because i'm a big NES nut. it was......disappointing.

not the episode, it was fine. but the kids make me sad.

as i still have my NES hooked up and all my games out and displayed, i too was horrified at the hipster line.

• 2 years later...