DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is as basic as basic gets

It's like 90% ME3 MP with new maps

So long as I don't learn anything I don't already know, I'm good.  It's bad enough that I am very well informed about both the Kett and the Remnant, thanks to all of these new videos that I am too dumb not to watch.

Bioware is also doing their best to spoil the game for me by showing off as much concept art as they can as often as they can.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - you are an idiot then

Why are you watching the videos?

Learn some self control

1. The last two weeks before launch are usually the longest so I have to occupy my mind with something.

2. Content spoilers don't really bother me.  Story spoilers do and I've stayed away from those.

3. Story spoilers have been finding their way into the most innocuous videos lately, so I am no longer watching anything Andromeda related.

It will be interesting to see where in the Helios Cluster you discover that Sidewinder hand cannon that they showed in the co-op demo.

A cylinder based firearm is pretty archaic when compared to current thermal clip Terran weapons based on "Prothean" schematics or the weapons derived from Kett technology.

I'm kinda with J.T. on the spoiler front actually. That vid is fine, but there have been some rough ones. IGN, in what was an otherwise harmless video about a week ago, let out a pretty big storyline spoiler that I'm still fuming about a bit. And in that launch trailer there were a couple of things in there that annoyed me to no ends.

That said, fuck yes to the Multiplayer video. They aren't reinventing the wheel, which is exactly what I wanted.

13 hours ago, El Dragon said:

That said, fuck yes to the Multiplayer video. They aren't reinventing the wheel, which is exactly what I wanted.

Eh, Co-op's basic mechanics worked perfectly fine so I'm good with not fixing what was never broken.

The things that needed fixing was character balance.   Some classes felt thrown together and were totally worthless while others were totally game breaking.

Hopefully going forward, the new content consists of maps and new challenges rather than new classes. 

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Eh, Co-op's basic mechanics worked perfectly fine so I'm good with not fixing what was never broken.

The things that needed fixing was character balance.   Some classes felt thrown together and were totally worthless while others were totally game breaking.

Hopefully going forward, the new content consists of maps and new challenges rather than new classes. 

Can't disagree with this much more. There are a couple blah characters, sure, but I'm able to usually lead the scoreboard on Silver and not be too awful on gold with about 90 percent of the characters in the game. Sure, the Geth Infiltrater is the best character in the game, but just about anyone is usable.

3 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Can't disagree with this much more. There are a couple blah characters, sure, but I'm able to usually lead the scoreboard on Silver and not be too awful on gold with about 90 percent of the characters in the game. Sure, the Geth Infiltrater is the best character in the game, but just about anyone is usable.

So you've finally unlocked all classes and weapons and have played co-op long enough to know this for certain?

You've led scoreboards as an Asari Sentinel or a Geth Infiltrator with a Volus Engineer who has the entire map booby trapped or an N7 Paladin with a good Snap Freeze build or a Krogan Vanguard with a kickass shotgun and his charge set to area effect on your squad? 

You must've been paired up with really shitty players.

Ever class is useable, but few are really useful and that's what needs to be fixed.   Struggling with builds is not a sign of ingenuity.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

So you're saying you wouldn't have liked the Salarian dentist class they eventually removed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

So you've finally unlocked all classes and weapons and have played co-op long enough to know this for certain?

You've led scoreboards as an Asari Sentinel or a Geth Infiltrator with a Volus Engineer who has the entire map booby trapped or an N7 Paladin with a good Snap Freeze build or a Krogan Vanguard with a kickass shotgun and his charge set to area effect on your squad? 

You must've been paired up with really shitty players.

Ever class is useable, but few are really useful and that's what needs to be fixed.   Struggling with builds is not a sign of ingenuity.

No offense, but this is just wrong. And you use Geth Infiltrator as an example of a character it's hard to lead the leaderboards with? It's widely accepted as the best pure damage character in the game. Let's do the math.

Networked AI: Extra 22.50% weapon damage

Hunter Mode: Extra 17.50% Weapon Damage, with 25% Accuracy Bonus

Tactical Claok: Extra 80% Damage Bonus when firing from Tactical Cloak, that lasts about 2-3 seconds after firing. Worth noting, with this build with my Eviscerator X (which is all you need at Silver with this guy), the Recharge Speed is 3.08 seconds.

Proximity Mine: Arguably the best debuffer in the game, and, here's why Tactical Cloak is so powerful in multiplayer... can be fired from Tactical Cloak, and you only have to deal with the Cloaks recharge speed. So you just activate your cloak, prox mine, and fire, rinse and repeat. 

If you can't win a silver room with this character, you flat out aren't doing damage fast enough

26 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

downloading the demo (43.9 GB) now

Umm... that is entire game

So I guess the demo just loads everything and only lets you play a little.

Might have to do that to save time on Tuesday (I think I did that same trick with Destiny)