DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

Also if you go to masseffect.com - you can start doing the "recruitment"

If you do all 6 (after they are all out) - you get a special helmet

This first video gives back ground of what the heck is going on with this "mission"

On 11/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, RIPPA said:

Game Informer also did a video interview Mac Walters and two interesting nuggets.

He doesn't consider this the start of a new trilogy AND they haven't decided if save data will carry over to whatever sequel

I like this decision.  Other people will hate it.

I have no problems with it if it means that this was just a story telling game and a true sequel (or prequel) trilogy is next

I have problems with it if it means every 6 years they are going to make a game set in the same universe which doesn't really link together with the other games outside some codex lip-service (since I think it gets away from a lot of the things that made Mass Effect so special for a lot of people)

I've felt since they mentioned the premise that it was going to be more of a one off to build the new galaxy up while the next game started the big story. I'm sure some things will end up carrying over regardless due to whatever big decisions we might make with where to colonize. Basically not unlike Dragon Age. I'm a little more bothered by the change in how much effect companions have on the story.

12 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Bioware shows off the ME version of the Yuuzhan Vong:

1. What the fuck happened to Joel MacMillan's grill?

2. Why is he so "ORGANIC TECH FELT SO NEW~!" when the Collectors (who also felt very Yuuzhan Vong in flavor) had a similar bio-technology concept going on for them?

The discussion of the design concept for the Kett was very interesting.  I was thrilled to hear the word "empathy" being tossed around to let me know that although the antagonists of the game will be of the Kett race, not all Kett will necessarily be enemies.

It will also be interesting to see how their biotechnology developed and if the Reaper tech that stunted technological expansion in the Milky Way will be able to compete with it or if the Citadel races have made significant technological advances since the Reaper Wars.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It will also be interesting to see how their biotechnology developed and if the Reaper tech that stunted technological expansion in the Milky Way will be able to compete with it or if the Citadel races have made significant technological advances since the Reaper Wars.

Considering the group that left did so before the Reaper Wars I'm not really sure how they would have been able to develop much tech when they spend most of journey to Andromeda sleeping. I wouldn't expect them to be so much more advanced than what we had before.

• 2 weeks later...

The only downsides of that trailer I can think of: 

1. They seem to be going for a more open world game ala Dragon Age: Inquisition, so if that game isn't your cup of tea, sorry.

2. Facial animations are not great. Or good.

3. While I wasn't expecting to have my questions about the story, it still is the biggest question with this game with Biowares recent history.

That said? That's a great view of the game. And, hey! Female Turian Team Member!

31 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

2. Facial animations are not great. Or good.

Its been mentioned that they are still working on them.

I'm just happy we are actually getting to see the females of other races. It always felt weird how never seeing more than handful until ME3.

It doesn't make sense for their to be Quarians in the game. The Pilgrimage is to go out, find something to contribute to the Migrant Fleet, and then return to it. The only Quarians who don't do that are the ones who get exiled for crimes against their own. So if you do meet a Quarian it'll be just the one, and they'll probably be a massive bastard.

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

It doesn't make sense for their to be Quarians in the game. The Pilgrimage is to go out, find something to contribute to the Migrant Fleet, and then return to it. The only Quarians who don't do that are the ones who get exiled for crimes against their own. So if you do meet a Quarian it'll be just the one, and they'll probably be a massive bastard.

Unless, you saved them and found them a home world.  If that is the case, I don't see why they wouldn't be part of this sort of expedition like a Salarian, Turian, or Asari.  

Spoiler

The biggest emotional hit I've ever taken from a videogame is when I didn't save the Quarians and Tali committed suicide.  I immediately jumped off the couch and turned off the Xbox to make sure I didn't save.  I started a relationship with Tali in the first game, and legit felt like I betrayed someone I cared about.  Once again, Mass Effect 3 was the best game I've ever played until the ending.  After that ending, I don't think the game probably is in my top 25.

23 minutes ago, AxB said:

Part of the Migrant Fleet's mission was to find habitable worlds. It makes sense to break off some of their people on this potential, especially knowing what they faced with the Geth and Reapers.

11 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Unless, you saved them and found them a home world.  If that is the case, I don't see why they wouldn't be part of this sort of expedition like a Salarian, Turian, or Asari.  

Hide contents

The biggest emotional hit I've ever taken from a videogame is when I didn't save the Quarians and Tali committed suicide.  I immediately jumped off the couch and turned off the Xbox to make sure I didn't save.  I started a relationship with Tali in the first game, and legit felt like I betrayed someone I cared about.  Once again, Mass Effect 3 was the best game I've ever played until the ending.  After that ending, I don't think the game probably is in my top 25.

The launch was between ME2 & ME3.

In general they hinted all races could show up eventually though we won't see all of them in this first game. Aside from the five announced so far I'm thinking the Quarians & Volus might have some presence.

19 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Reveal hidden contents

Because the expedition started during the Mass Effect 2 time period - so they had no home world and they weren't going to spare the people to do so

My first impression of the combat isn't all that positive.  Kind of looks like DA2/Inquisition style to me, with the way the player is teleporting all over the place.  I'm really hoping things don't come down to power spamming like those two games did.  I'm gonna buy this day one and play the shit out of it, but that does have me a little nervous.

Glad they're going more open world.  I just hope they can make it more interesting than Inquisition was.  The only downside I see is that it will probably make the story a little less powerful.  ME3 was the most gripping thing I've ever played from the start till when you arrive at the Citadel.  At that point it kinda lost the sense of urgency.  I think it's a necessary tradeoff between a powerful but linear narrative and something that is more open world.