DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

Probably not much else. In truth I think stuff like this is sort of leaked on purpose to get a feel from the communities at large rather than a few hundred or thousand. Honestly suspect only maybe half the info is legit in terms of set in stone with the other stuff being red herrings and tentative depending on responses.

• 1 month later...

If you want me to have a Dan like rage out - reboot the series

It's kinda funny that I will always be remembered on this board for my hatred of the ending.

I've said I have minimal interest in Mass Effect 4 at best, and this is kinda why: A sequel means you have to make one of the endings canon or make a TON of work to go from there. A prequel, assuming it's an event that is in the canon already, we already know the result of, and if it's just a reboot then.... Fuck, why do the ending of ME3 at all if you can't make a story following it?

• Like 1

If you want me to have a Dan like rage out - reboot the series

It's kinda funny that I will always be remembered on this board for my hatred of the ending.

I've said I have minimal interest in Mass Effect 4 at best, and this is kinda why: A sequel means you have to make one of the endings canon or make a TON of work to go from there. A prequel, assuming it's an event that is in the canon already, we already know the result of, and if it's just a reboot then.... Fuck, why do the ending of ME3 at all if you can't make a story following it?

We play through Mass Effect 4 as Shepard, and right before the final battle Shepard wakes up next to Suzanne Pleshette.

Yes, even if you're playing as FemShep.

• Like 1

*looks for info regarding the leak out of curiosity*

Hmm. Doesn't look bad, but it doesn't seem like it should be "Mass Effect 4" either. It basically looks like a side game of the franchise. Also, odd to put that much time into a story that would likely end with "Oh, and everyone here gets the shit killed out of them by the Reapers within a year."

• 2 weeks later...

The thought occurred to me as I was driving home.

With Microsoft - in theory - giving people the opportunity to play 360 games on the One.

Does this mean that I could play the original trilogy on the One and have my exact saves carry over....

(Not that it appears that there would be anything to carry over but still)

I hope Mass Effect Andromeda is more of a Firefly to Mass Effect Trilogy's Star Trek. Basically no amount of goodwill and helping other alien races will help you.

That is total bullshit.  In these games, I look forward just as much to winning friends and influencing people as I do to blowing things up.

I am a charismatic coalition builder and a deadly warrior.  PARAGON~!

• Like 1

The thought occurred to me as I was driving home.

With Microsoft - in theory - giving people the opportunity to play 360 games on the One.

Does this mean that I could play the original trilogy on the One and have my exact saves carry over....

(Not that it appears that there would be anything to carry over but still)

This thing you are discussing is a dangerous thing.  You are talking months of gameplay.  You won't be able to play anything but the ME saga.  Your wife won't allow it.

BTW - the original Mass Effect is one of the games Microsoft has in the preview group for backwards capability.

So yeah... still playing these fuckers over and over

Excellent. Gonna buy the XBone later this year, so I'll look forward to running through it again. (Just started ME3 with my Renegon FemShep Infiltrator run)

BTW - the original Mass Effect is one of the games Microsoft has in the preview group for backwards capability.

So yeah... still playing these fuckers over and over

You know that Bioware is just going take a nod from the Master Chief collection and remaster the ME Trilogy just to fuck with you, right?