DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

Holy Shit..

Uhh...

Okay, thoughts.

The Galaxy Maps and everything about it fucking rules. That's exactly what II always hoped the Galaxy Map would eventually look like.

The exploring the worlds thing is... My first thought was "oh fuck, not more DA:I shit" with the forward station stuff. Also, why show us the desert planet? There were too many of those in DA:I, and not hte planet I wanted to see.

The "deciding who to wake up" thing is cool as shit. 

That trailer was the one that excited me the most, by a god damned good deal. The DA:I comparisons will hurt it a bit, but holy shit.

I love the changes with the galaxy map. It is weird though how they mentioned there being over a 100 planets to discover, but only a handful to land on. That feels like a low number even with how much work it sounds like each planet will end up. Hopefully that was more of a roundabout number and/or more a comment on the planets you explore to settle in depth.

59 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I love the changes with the galaxy map. It is weird though how they mentioned there being over a 100 planets to discover, but only a handful to land on. That feels like a low number even with how much work it sounds like each planet will end up. Hopefully that was more of a roundabout number and/or more a comment on the planets you explore to settle in depth.

I would say, the more planets that are in the game, the higher the chances that the planets that are in the game kinda suck. I call it the No Man's Sky principle. 

I still have practically no idea what No Man's Sky is since I never gave it any attention of whatsoever beyond hearing it sucked in random posts. That said I generally agree with you on more planets not necessarily being a good thing. That was the part of the leaked survey I was hoping was wrong.

On 3/3/2017 at 1:06 PM, El Dragon said:

The exploring the worlds thing is... My first thought was "oh fuck, not more DA:I shit" with the forward station stuff. Also, why show us the desert planet? There were too many of those in DA:I, and not hte planet I wanted to see.

The "deciding who to wake up" thing is cool as shit. 

Okay, I've cooled off a bit on the info, and I actually had to express a decent level of worry at how similar that system actually might be to the DA:I system with Agents. Which, in theory isn't terrible, but I always liked that the DA and ME series felt very different from each other. Very very similar mechanics in a game that was somewhat of a letdown is.... eh?

On 3/3/2017 at 4:39 PM, RIPPA said:

Yeah the "handful of planets" thing worried me too but I will be too busy drooling on myself to worry about it

All will be forgiven the first time I start playing co-op.

58 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

As much as it pains me to say, I kinda learned my lesson with the Trilogy so I'm gonna hold back on Andromeda and wait for a GOTY edition with all the DLC and whatnot

You have chosen... poorly

(Partly because they have never done a GOTY for Mass Effect before. The only time you could bundle in all the DLC was when they bundled the entire trilogy together)

Yeah, considering how much people had been waiting on tenterhooks/ dreading that announcement one way or another, it's shocking to have it just be one word dropped innocuously into a briefing like it's nothing.

15 minutes ago, AxB said:

Yeah, considering how much people had been waiting on tenterhooks/ dreading that announcement one way or another, it's shocking to have it just be one word dropped innocuously into a briefing like it's nothing.

What are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Watch the briefing (again?) and listen closely.

To be fair - it took me to third listen to catch it.

Mainly due to the accent

Yeah, I did not catch that at all. I'm pleased to hear that though not really surprised. I expected the Quarians and Volus to have the highest chances of showing up since one group are expert ship engineers, and the other are the financial kings of the milky way.

None of these things are surprises.  There would be geek riots in every major city if the Hyperion wasn't an ark of the Milky Way's various Mass Effect races.

Rippa alone would cause several dollars in property damage if there were no Quarians aboard.