DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

I hope all you sissies are forced to play as Vorcha and Batarians.

I can't wait to play the Vorcha minigame where I am arrested by C-Sec if I do not clean up after myself when I crap on the floor.. 

My love interest will be a Yahg that shows her love by punching me in the stomach to induce my cellular augmentation.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't Mass Effect 4 be covered by "The Mass Effect thread"???

But anyway..

www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/26/details-from-comic-con-39-s-mass-effect-panel.aspx

BioWare confirmed the player character will be human and not one of the many races featured in the game's universe and it's possible the game could occur during Shepard's lifetime. BioWare has confirmed previously, however, that the new Mass Effect will have no connection to Shepard.

I'd rather have the main character be a Krogan or a Turian during the First Contact Wars, but if BioWare wants to insist on a human main character, they should make the first 3 Mass Effects be like "Rapture" and the new game be like "Columbia." It should seem very familiar to those who have been playing it but very different too.

• Like 1

Insisting on a human main character just dropped my interest in this by far more then I expected. Let's face it, Our kind is by far the least interesting.

My Shep is a soulpatch having badass, so I am all for a human main character.

Now do I have to be a spit and polish Alliance officer?  Not really.  I'd like to go the KOTOR 1 route and start off as a slightly scummy Omega type or someone equally questionable.

I'd kinda like to see the sequel begin from the point the grandad finishes telling his grandson Shepherd's story (from the end of ME3). We had no idea how far in the future that was but it'd be a seamless passing of the torch moment to link the two. Iunno, maybe you play as the grandkid and the story was what inspired you to start exploring etc etc. I'm just riffing here.

Going the Firefly route would also be a nice change of pace rather than going for the epic scope of the original trilogy again

Insisting on a human main character just dropped my interest in this by far more then I expected. Let's face it, Our kind is by far the least interesting.

In fact, making a very compelling scifi universe with unique and interesting races, and only letting us play as one is the fucking worst.

Don't hold them to that. BioWare said the Inquisitor would be only human until it wasn't true.

In fact, making a very compelling scifi universe with unique and interesting races, and only letting us play as one is the fucking worst.

Don't hold them to that. BioWare said the Inquisitor would be only human until it wasn't true.

Like I needed another reason not to play DA:I.

Looks like the new gen Witcher game will have to scratch my RPG itch in the immediate future.

My Shep is a soulpatch having badass, so I am all for a human main character.

Now do I have to be a spit and polish Alliance officer? Not really. I'd like to go the KOTOR 1 route and start off as a slightly scummy Omega type or someone equally questionable.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! Great minds, yo.

• 3 months later...

From what I gathered - it was just more concept art and lots of "NEW RACES! YOU HAVE CHOICE!!!"

And then the fans screaming DONT MAKE IT A MMO!!!

That's when I had to turn it off because Twitch is stupid and fat and ugly

• Like 1

Actually, a Mass Effect MMO done right might not be that bad.  Not like BioWare doesn't have the pedigree already...

Course, there's never been an MMO done right (outside of an Anime where its evil and traps you inside), so that's out the window.

Actually, a Mass Effect MMO done right might not be that bad.  Not like BioWare doesn't have the pedigree already...

Course, there's never been an MMO done right (outside of an Anime where its evil and traps you inside), so that's out the window.

Seriously, I'd pay $10-15 a month to go around wrecking shit with a Krogan.