DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

I don't think I could replay the originals again after my Grand Unified Playthrough a few years ago. Only real thing I regret from that was letting Miranda die during the final mission in ME2 after she cold-shouldered me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I don't think I could replay the originals again after my Grand Unified Playthrough a few years ago

I did a Grand Unified Playthrough three months before ME3's release date. I finished the ME2 playthorugh two days before ME3.

Yes, it took that long.

Yes, I did every side mission in both games and beat the DLC.

No, I still have not unlocked the "ally" achievements for ME1 because I hate them.

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I have ME2 and already bought the DLC.  The licenses are still good so I can download the content as many times as I want to and can play on the XB1 whenever.

Obviously I know you can still play it

My point was towards you saying that the price point needed to be lower.

It can't get much lower than free

Just now, RIPPA said:

Obviously I know you can still play it

My point was towards you saying that the price point needed to be lower.

It can't get much lower than free

Free for my new shiny console, dammit!

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I did a Grand Unified Playthrough three months before ME3's release date. I finished the ME2 playthorugh two days before ME3.

Yes, it took that long.

Yes, I did every side mission in both games and beat the DLC.

No, I still have not unlocked the "ally" achievements for ME1 because I hate them.

Haha, I didn't go to the extremes of mining every single planet and all that but I got all the DLC and did the side missions. Alas I always seemed to reach a 'fuck this' point where I just wanted to get on with the narrative

My team pic still brings a tear to my eye, completed Citadel right before I did the final mission

Capture.jpg

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

.... So I'm the only one that Mass Effect 2 and 3 still show up as "Not available" when I try to download them on the 1 then?

You might have to go to the XBOX Live Marketplace on the web and "rebuy" the games so they show up as available to download

Of course - you had to have bought them originally online to be available. Otherwise you still need the discs

Yeah - in looking on the marketplace - the games list as "not available" despite saying they are available on the One

So I am wondering if they had problems with the backwards compatiability

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

Honestly, just thank you for telling me that cause I thought I was going crazy or my Xbox just missed an update or something. 

In poking around - someone people got it to work but others have said they got the same message as you

Others claim you can only play them via EA Access - so who the fuck knows

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

My FemShep was a Nordic blonde.  I named her Caitlyn because I have no imagination.

My BroShep was a black dude named Arion after a pretty obscure DC comic book character from a sword and sorcery joint and then came along Arion Foster to mess my shit up. 

I'd initially wanted to name him Travis after Travis "The Warlord" Morgan, another one of my favorite obscure DC comic book characters.

As with all of my African American game avatars, Arion Shepard had a soul patch.

FemShep should have been Amethyst. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jstout said:

Holy shit, am I now petrified that I'll buy Andromeda and have no idea what is going on.

Honestly, you can probably get a transcribed version of the first 2 games and be good. Logically speaking, there shouldn't be anything that went down in 3 that would still be relevant in 4. 

If you mean combat wise, well, between me, J.T, Phil, and Mark, we have probably put in a combined year of our collective lives playing Mass Effect games, and that might be underselling it. We can teach a bit if need be.

What is so funny to me is that Trask (of Wrestling With Words) wrote an article for his other gig at Joystick about how because Bioware hasn't been releasing as much information as they normally do, clearly the game isn't ready and is being rushed out. And they only way to prove that it is ready is to release more info

57 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

What is so funny to me is that Trask (of Wrestling With Words) wrote an article for his other gig at Joystick about how because Bioware hasn't been releasing as much information as they normally do, clearly the game isn't ready and is being rushed out. And they only way to prove that it is ready is to release more info

Is the, "Do this to prove this to me" phenomenon new, or am I just getting hip to it?  I can't think of anything more ridiculous than trying to get someone I don't know, to do something I want, to prove a point that they aren't even trying to make.  

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So he is the kind of person who you just ask what they want for Christmas rather than try to surprise them.

As release day gets closer, I am going to boycott any website or news feed that mentions anything about Andromeda.

When the obligatory Mass Effect stomach punch hits, I want to sit there screaming WHY~??? at my television set and sobbing uncontrollably. 

The best part about this franchise (and Bioware RPGs in general) is the WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?? discussion that inevitably follows the part of the story that kicks you in the groin really hard..

I AM ACTUALLY REVAN??? ARE YOU SHITTING ME RIGHT NOW???