DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

On 10/11/2016 at 11:33 PM, RIPPA said:

Also if you go to masseffect.com - you can start doing the "recruitment"

If you do all 6 (after they are all out) - you get a special helmet

This first video gives back ground of what the heck is going on with this "mission"

Quoted for part 2 being up now. The head engineer for the Nexus is a female Krogan.

Oh, my Lord what a beautiful thing.  I can already feel that whoosh in my ear and the slight vertigo as we go FLT inside the Mass Reduction corridor.

That trailer tells me a bit too much.  I am totally stoked about the possibility getting to recruit new crew mates before setting off and having to go to really sketchy places to find them.  I will spend HOURS kvetching over that, especially if there are Paragon / Renegade issues to consider.

I am not thrilled by the idea of not only having to get a One by Spring 2017, I will obviously have to get a new badass 4K HD set to replace the ridiculously reliable 60" Vizio that is currently in my nerd cave.

11 hours ago, AxB said:

It doesn't make sense for their to be Quarians in the game. The Pilgrimage is to go out, find something to contribute to the Migrant Fleet, and then return to it. The only Quarians who don't do that are the ones who get exiled for crimes against their own. So if you do meet a Quarian it'll be just the one, and they'll probably be a massive bastard.

The Pilgrimage is still a rite of Quarian passage, but the ending of ME3 leaves a wrinkle with Quarians or Geth appearing in this game because:

1. If you chose to help the Geth then it is likely that the entire Quarian race was wiped out in the push to take Rannoch or,

2. In the wake of the Geth / Quarian peace, they could still be in the process of reconstruction so they may still need all hands on deck restoring Quarian territory in the Veil back to pre-war conditions.  The Geth have free will now, but that does not mean that all of them will be accepting of the new detante..

Personally, the only races that make sense to be on this mission are Asari, Turians, Krogan, Drell, and Salarians.

Even Salarian involvement is kinda sketchy depending on how you handled the Genophage issue.  I was kinda partial to the Krogan in my game so I could see the Dalatrass taking her ball and going home after the Reaper War, especially if the Krogan make a bid for a Council seat..

I really thought that the Salarians might be the new antagonists in future ME games depending your politics and how Bioware handled your data in this game (ie. giving you a decision tree to fill out in Andromeda after you create your character and modeling the scope of post-war MW affairs by that).

As much as it pains me to say this, I suppose a Batarian crew member would also make sense depending on how things with Malak went.  Since the Hegemony was the first thing to go, Batarians are probably singing a different tune these days and might actually be playing nice with the Citadel races depending on how well their fleet fared in the final assault on Reaper forces clamping down on Earth.  Putting a Batarian on the mission would be a huge first step in normalizing relations with them and put them on the path to integration.

Please, God.  Don't put any Volus or Vorcha on my ship.

On 11/17/2016 at 3:34 PM, Eivion said:

Considering the group that left did so before the Reaper Wars I'm not really sure how they would have been able to develop much tech when they spend most of journey to Andromeda sleeping. I wouldn't expect them to be so much more advanced than what we had before.

True enough.  Depending on how long it took to get to Andromeda, the tech of the Hyperion Ark ship may actually be a generation or two behind MW tech by the time it gets to its destination or if the Hyperion had bleeding edge tech when it left MW, Earth tech could just be catching up and / or standardizing..

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Pilgrimage is still a rite of Quarian passage, but the ending of ME3 leaves a wrinkle with Quarians or Geth appearing in this game because:

The ending of ME3 won't affect Andromeda, because the Arks left the Milky Way before the Reapers arrived there. So Quarians are outcasts only, and the Geth shouldn't be there at all.

23 minutes ago, AxB said:

The ending of ME3 won't affect Andromeda, because the Arks left the Milky Way before the Reapers arrived there. So Quarians are outcasts only, and the Geth shouldn't be there at all.

Good catch.  I haven't really studied the timeline particulars as to when the Ark leaves for Andromeda.

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, Gonzo said:

So is everyone on Team Leeroy Jenkins on the XBox One?

Asking for. . .well, asking for me.

AxB would be PS4 and I feel like he is getting it. I figure that there are few others but off the top of my head

Me, JT, Robert, CSC, I am gonna assume Mark are XBOX One (plus melraz said he would buy it if we were all playing the multiplayer there)

14 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

So is everyone on Team Leeroy Jenkins on the XBox One?

Asking for. . .well, asking for me.

Now that I finally own an XB1 I assume that yes, we are getting the band back together and that Rippa and I will return to form and continue to play co-op well into 2020.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

AxB would be PS4 and I feel like he is getting it. I figure that there are few others but off the top of my head

Me, JT, Robert, CSC, I am gonna assume Mark are XBOX One (plus melraz said he would buy it if we were all playing the multiplayer there)

I'm also a PS4. 

No, seeing as DA:O didn't have online. Now if you are talking about DAI then still no. Inquisition was affected more by the style of gameplay than anything else. It just didn't lend itself well to the style of online gameplay ME used.