DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

Okay, so, general non-spoilery thoughts on the game through the end of the main story mode, and a few multiplayer thoughts

Single Player

First Main Thought to me: If you are a Mass Effect fan, you will most likely like this game. That's as general as it can get I think. But yeah, it won't be viewed as the best game in the Mass Effect series. It might even go down as the worst, possibly. But it's still very much Mass Effect.

The Characters are Bioware characters. I've liked everyone on my team, felt like the acting was good. I honestly don't think there is a bad teammate in the bunch.

The more open ended combat is a pretty damn big change. You better get a feel for your jumping stuff pretty quickly. 

And oh fucking man, the ship. I love the Tempest. It takes some time to figure out the navigation, but god this is an awesome ship. Maybe the biggest highlight to me is how much I just love the Tempest. NO LOADING SCREENS!

Now as for Multiplayer

Maybe it's just because I'm, you know, level one with an incredibly basic level, but it feels slightly harder. It's more hectic. Which is kinda has to be with your characters being much more mobile. I was doing pretty damn good point wise just because I wasn't shy about moving but did it pretty intelligently. 

I was kinda letdown that the first 12 characters were just male/female versions of hte base characters like last round. Should have expected it, but kinda sucks.

Packs work the exact same as last time, with the addition that you can use strike teams, which just out right give you a Gold, Silver, or Bronze pack. Apex will be kinda interesting, though I didn't pay attention to it to much today.

Overall, thumbs up!

Spoiler

It feels just like old ME to me. I only did the first arc and then some roaming around the Nexus. 

Didnt try to mod any weapons. Dont know if you can do that yet.

Baddies remind me of someone but i cant place it yet.

I know i hope who my love interest will be. 

Spoiler

There are these space critters, and I went "pow pow pow" and they went "pew pew pew" and then some other stuff got after me and I jumped around like a moron and realized that this game is gonna be large and complicated. First thing that popped into my mind is "Skyrim in space," and that is meant as a compliment. Most fun I've had videogaming in a while. Hopefully the rest of it holds up to the stuff so far.

15 hours ago, El Dragon said:

No offense, but this is just wrong. And you use Geth Infiltrator as an example of a character it's hard to lead the leaderboards with? It's widely accepted as the best pure damage character in the game. Let's do the math.

Dude, I was winning in Silver with that Geth Infiltrator builds when you didn't even have a copy of the game.

And your point was that all classes were "useable" and that you were able to lead a scoreboard with just about any class and my point Is that you're not a terribly reliable source of info since you haven't unlocked anything.

Unlock all of the content and put in the time that I did and then we'll talk.

• RIPPA locked this topic