DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

I'm guessing that Containment is the new not so overpowered Stasis. 

Anyone who has dealt with ea Lift Grenade spammer knows that Lift was headed for a nerfing or elimination from future co-op play.  

Lift made the ME1 final act trivial because all you had to do during the combat sequences outside of the Citadel was have Liara use Lift to send half of your enemies floating away to their doom. 

It also made the final fight with Matriarch Benezia dirt simple because all you had to do was Lift her into the air and kill her with one single sniper headshot.

Lift was a very problematic Biotic power, so I am not surprised that it is gone.

I'm saddened by the loss of Reave.  it was a nice balance of offense and defense in one package without being overpowered.

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Saw two of this month's game mags had an ME4 cover. Didnt chance to read them  in the store yet. 

Nearly half of the game mags I saw on the shelf at BAM yesterday had Andromeda on the cover.

So why are people assuming some of these powers are gone? Has it actually been said they were nerfed? I do know one of the developers didn't mention we would be able to throw enemies at other enemies with the right powers and timing.

39 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So why are people assuming some of these powers are gone?

You mean we're not supposed to have angst or draw horrible conclusions based on partial knowledge that makes us wring our hands in speculation? 

Where's the fun in that? ;)

Seriously, I personally would be thankful if the complete list of Biotic and Tech abilities was simplified for this new game.  Character builds were already complicated enough in ME3.

47 minutes ago, jstout said:

This game's sounding awfully complicated for a country mouse like me. Can I steal cars and suicide bomb people with them?

As long as you follow JT's orders in combat and revive RIPPA when he dies right before extraction, its all good. 

1 hour ago, jstout said:

This game's sounding awfully complicated for a country mouse like me. Can I steal cars and suicide bomb people with them?

These games tend to give you a lot of flexibility in how you want to play.  I mostly just stuck to shooting things in the face.  I never could remember which powers worked on which things, but guns always worked.

And that reminds me.  They better have the Revenant, or something like it, in this game.  If I have to figure out how to use a different gun I'm gonna be lost.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I enjoy that melraz is willing to play because we told he could kill aliens with friends

Meanwhile - stout thinks its gonna be too complicated

I'm looking forward to the first time I hear "I'm too drunk for (insert thing we've gotta kill)".

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I enjoy that melraz is willing to play because we told he could kill aliens with friends

Meanwhile - stout thinks its gonna be too complicated

Everybody's gonna be Mary Louing and hitting me with lightning and turning into fire-breathing space aliens and I'll be like "hold still so I can shoot you with this space pistol. Dammit, gotta reload."

12 hours ago, jstout said:

Everybody's gonna be Mary Louing and hitting me with lightning and turning into fire-breathing space aliens and I'll be like "hold still so I can shoot you with this space pistol. Dammit, gotta reload."

Actually it looks like the devs took Mary Looing out of the game and went with evasion assisted by jet thrusters in your armor..

I guess story driven immersion junkies did not quite buy the part of the ME3 story where Shepard avoids the Reaper death ray blasts via well timed combat rolls.

12 hours ago, jstout said:

I don't think there'll be any player vs player. And depending on what gun you're using, you might never need to reload (some use bullets can do need reloading, some energy weapons can fire forever (if you're intermittent and don't overheat them)).

Everyone with even a slight attraction to women has an attraction to Natalie Dormer, let's be real. 

Anyway, the more I'm seeing in the gameplay, the more excited I get. There is still hesitation in me (cause, you know..) but overall I'm liking the feel so far. The different favorites thing is a great idea. So yeah, let's do this. Can't wait to be in this with everyone.