DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I never once got the "Flee the Universe" feel more the "We are Explorers" feel

And I can't shake the feeling that that is a Asari-evolved race - not Asaris as we know them

On the other hand - that was definitely a Krogan

FUCK YEAH, KROGAN!

I was thinking we weren't going to see any of the "original" races in this new version. But if the Krogan made it in, I'm pleased.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And I can't shake the feeling that that is a Asari-evolved race - not Asaris as we know them.

8 hours ago, AxB said:

The Asari-looking person did look a bit boyish, for an Asari.

What AxB said.  I think they just spoiled the idea that there will be a race in Andromeda that is the animus of the Asari.

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/14/11922178/mass-effect-andromeda-preview-e3-2016

In the Mass Effect trilogy, Commander Shepard was already a hero. No matter which origin story players chose for their Shep, male or female, the commander had already demonstrated bravery, resourcefulness and, above all, the ability to lead.

That's not exactly the case for Mass Effect: Andromeda.

"This is a story about becoming a hero," creative director Mac Walters told Polygon at E3.

Walters, referencing the trailer shown, had one big thing to point out: a younger cast of characters seen on-screen. Where players pick up Mass Effect as "a hero who then became a legend," Walters said, Andromeda focuses on characters who are far greener.

Your Andromeda Young Lions Cup winner, [REDACTED] Ryder!

(Get hype(r).)

Walters, referencing the trailer shown, had one big thing to point out: a younger cast of characters seen on-screen. Where players pick up Mass Effect as "a hero who then became a legend," Walters said, Andromeda focuses on characters who are far greener.

Oh, I don't know about that.  War Hero Level 1 Shep with starter weapons still felt pretty green to me.

I wasn't planning on naming my male Ryder, Zack, but I was planning on naming my female Ryder, Diana, so that her equipment locker could have Ryder, Di on the front.

• Like 1

I'm not going to name my male Ryder Shaun. Assuming it's the sort of game you play twice (it probably will be).

That OxBox ME:A video pointed out the eyebrows on the Asar-oid. ME Trilogy Asari don't have eyebrows, or any body hair. They have scales and tentacle-heads, like sexy Cthulus. Further proof that it's not an Asari as we know it.

And now, the obvious joke someone had to make sooner or later: Will anyone name their Ryder... Dick?

I've been playing GTA too long - I swear, 99 percent of GTA players have a name that references pot. Why are pot smokers so proud of smoking pot? It's not like you ever see DRUNK719 or WINO115 or xBEERBELLYx gamer tags. Just smoke your pot in peace and don't wave your damn hemp flag like you're leading a revolution, you're just getting high.

Damn kids. Get off my lawn.

As for JT, he knows I'll be Ryder Juggalo4lyfe.

• Like 1

Half of me loves the idea of what they are going for, the other half of me is still incredibly pessimistic, in spite of loving DA:I much more then some folks do. They turned me into a pessimist about this franchise, and that kinda sucks.

I do kinda hate the "Human Centric" mindset, but that's cause I find the others culture much more interesting, and I'm a roleplayer at heart.

58 minutes ago, AxB said:

That OxBox ME:A video pointed out the eyebrows on the Asar-oid. ME Trilogy Asari don't have eyebrows, or any body hair. They have scales and tentacle-heads, like sexy Cthulus. Further proof that it's not an Asari as we know it.

That thing looked like some sort of inbred, village idiot Asari.  It really reminds me of someone, an actor I think, but I just can't remember who exactly

29 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Only if you want JT to immediately kill you in multiplayer.

That pretty much happened to me every time we played a deathmatch, so I guess it's business as usual.

17 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Half of me loves the idea of what they are going for, the other half of me is still incredibly pessimistic, in spite of loving DA:I much more then some folks do. They turned me into a pessimist about this franchise, and that kinda sucks.

I do kinda hate the "Human Centric" mindset, but that's cause I find the others culture much more interesting, and I'm a roleplayer at heart.

I'll be happy if this game is just like Inquisition, except in every way imaginable.  The longer I go without playing that game, the more I realize that I really didn't like it.

The return of the Mako has me excited, as long as they don't decide that every point of interest has to be on the side of a vertical slope all over again.

I've never played a single Mass Effect game, but I'm getting it because all of you guys seem geeked about it and it'll give me something to talk about with the hot 24-year-old gamer girl at work who adores the whole ME franchise. If she had an XBox One, I'd get her in on our little group fun. Actually, I'd try and JT would seal the deal with his smooth talk and jean shorts. She isn't a Jehovah's Witness, though, so that may have been a hindrance, but I have limitless faith in The General of the DVDVR Gaming Army~!

Interesting to have something at E3 that's basically "It's coming! Sooner or later! But it's coming! Sometime!"

• Like 1

Yeah, play the previous trilogy first. It's not expensive, it's not difficult. It's just time consuming. And awesome.

Except the ending. But then there's multiplayer... I'm supposed to be playing ME3 single player on Insanity for my next platinum but I keep doing multiplayer instead. One day, I will get a sniper scope to see through smokescreens.

Yeah, I'll chime in for the same, if the XBONE can play the first 3.  Damn good games.  Hilarious at times.  Soul crushing at others.  And they give you plenty of moments to feel like a galaxy conquering badass.

They're pretty straightforward to play too, like AxB said.  There's a bunch of powers and combos and shit, but honestly I don't know how most of that shit works, and it doesn't matter.  You can do with out it and just enjoy shooting stuff in the face.