DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

I think it is hilarious that fanboys like me are so rabid for this game that the devs felt the need to stamp CONCEPTUAL PROTOTYPE on the vid in all caps so that no one goes apeshit and posts angry threads to the Bioware message boards demanding to know why the game won't be out in three weeks.

I HAVE SEEN THE TRAILERS~! THAT MEANS IT'S READY, RIGHT~!?

I am creating a new thread to house discussion about Mass Effect 4 (and I guess eventually future titles)

I mean the other thread is already long enough.

I am moving the couple of the posts from the other thread over - so that is why there a few things in this thread already.

And at least I know I will be able to still smash things as a Krogan

So, hopefully the ambient lighting thing wasn't a software test and we'll actually be on planets so long in free mode that there will be night / day cycles.

I am digging the new N7 armor but already see that there could be some HELMET TOGGLE HATE~!. 

Hopefully this takes place post ME3 about 50 years in the future where the Krogan are a Council race.  If they go with that time line, it will be interesting to see how well the Turians and the Asari recover from The Reaper War, if they ever do.

So, hopefully the ambient lighting thing wasn't a software test and we'll actually be on planets so long in free mode that there will be night / day cycles.

I am digging the new N7 armor but already see that there could be some HELMET TOGGLE HATE~!. 

Hopefully this takes place post ME3 about 50 years in the future where the Krogan are a Council race.  If they go with that time line, it will be interesting to see how well the Turians and the Asari recover from The Reaper War, if they ever do.

I'm a believer in the "After the war, nobody is scared of each other" mindset, and I think the Turians and Asari have too many allies to fall away completely. If Krogans become a big power, they don't have a huge beef with the Asari, they are strong allies with Humanity, assuming Shepard/Wrex were friends, and a new alliance with the Turians that I can see working well.

My honest concern are the Salarians. I could see them viewing the Krogan rise as a threat worthy of uplifting the Yahg, which could be a massive fuck up.

Have they said this is definitely set after ME3? 

No - so it's entirely possible it is a spin off story set in the time of Shepard (or before)

All they keep saying are "new worlds!"

No - so it's entirely possible it is a spin off story set in the time of Shepard (or before)

All they keep saying are "new worlds!"

Sometimes if Bioware even realizes why there games are popular. Characters are your biggest strength, advertise those not what has been big environments which have typically let down.

No - so it's entirely possible it is a spin off story set in the time of Shepard (or before).

There is so much history with the ME characters and bad blood because of the ME3 ending, that I'd rather they do the whole KOTOR thing and just start fresh with a new timeline where anything can happen.

I'd avoid making the Star Wars Galaxies mistake of setting another ME game during the Shepard era where no matter what you did, the future was already set.

Let the Reaper War be history and show the new geopolitical shifts in the aftermath.  I think only I am interested in stuff like that..

If you were going to go the spin-off route, then give me the "Garrus Vakarian: The Archangel Years" series I want.

Let the Reaper War be history and show the new geopolitical shifts in the aftermath.  I think only I am interested in stuff like that..

I have no problems with doing this but as I said - they would have to choose a "canon" history.

And like Dan mentioned - if they chose say "All Synthetics Destroyed", I would be pissed.

Or like they chose that Shepard didn't save the Rachni.

It's one thing to talk about the Turians, Asaris, Salarians and Humans since we all know they would be around. But it is those other races that are directly effected by some grand choices in the first three games that I think about.

Give me some button clicks at the very begin of the game to establish my history and I am good to go

I might give long round about way of giving my thoughts on potential political shifts later, but no time right now.

I will say part of me wants to see this go Firefly. You start as just a small smuggling crew or something of the sort that kinda falls into a huge hornets nest that can change the entire direction of the galaxy, and only you and you crew can stop it.

• Like 1

I agree. Sometimes I would prefer small scale stuff rather than being weighed with the burden of saving the galaxy.

The new Dragon Age is the largest game Bioware has made by far, and Mass Effect is a much bigger deal than Dragon Age so I don't think small scale is in the cards.  I for one want it to be huge, with more planets, more aliens, more choices, and more party characters.  I want it to have characters that only join you if you make certain decisions, or a completely different cast if you pick one side of a war than another.  I want to be able to play it multiple times and have completely different stories based on the decisions you make.  I want to have the ability to hate or love the same character based on how you play the game.  I was talking to a couple of friends on Monday about who we decided to pursue relationships with in the game and I was almost sad that they didn't get to the point where Talia trusted them enough to give them a picture of her face.  I want more shit like that where you can have legit emotional connections to different characters then go back and have a completely different relationship with that person.  I want them to put as much shit as they possibly can while telling a cohesive story.  Take your time Bioware, and do this shit right, I'll be here when you are ready.

I actually preferred the synthetics destroyed ending, even with sacrificing EDI.  And the Rachni are dead in my universe.  Wrex wanted 'em dead, so I made sure the were.

I'm leery of how they'd handle a more open universe thing, but I'm hoping there is some more openness slash exploration.  That's one thing I missed in the last two games.  Of course forget what I just said if that means I've gotta drive a fucking Mako again. 

Also hoping they throw in more variety of people to meet and shoot.  ME3 always boiling down to Reapers/Cerberus took some of the fun away for me.  I missed the random side missions going after bandits/slavers/biotic rebels, etc.  Hopefully there will be some new races - maybe Yahg or something entirely new. 

I'm with Phil on this. . .I'm not sure how they can give you a sequel when the previous game gave you the option of three different endings (four if you count the "fuck you, Catalyst, I'm not doing anything" ending, but I guess you really couldn't work with that).

I thought I saw rumblings about the First Contact War, but I don't think that would have anywhere near the scope that Mass Effect players are used to by any stretch.

I might give long round about way of giving my thoughts on potential political shifts later, but no time right now.

I will say part of me wants to see this go Firefly. You start as just a small smuggling crew or something of the sort that kinda falls into a huge hornets nest that can change the entire direction of the galaxy, and only you and you crew can stop it.

I would enjoy this because it would be the closest thing to a Privateer RPG.

Maybe have some sort of assassination of a council member and various groups try to seize control in the chaos and you have to choose a faction to align with. 

I still really want this game to be about a revolution against the Council.

Yeah but the master race was reduced to a horde of drooling blobs that ate each other and crew chitin armor out of their faces.

I can't wait for the Krogan - Yahg War that will take place in a hundred years post Reaper War.

• Like 1

I really hope we're not stuck to being human for these games (I'm assuming it'll be more then one long term), having the option to play a Turian or whomever else would be great and add more replay factor to the game.  Which of  course means EA would try to sell you the other races as DLC