DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 6-9-14

MGFanJay

Remember when Jesse would bring up a ton of great points and Vince would be "Well, I don't know about that."

Good times.

jesse-ventura-mcmahon.jpg

There's gotta be some kinda great joke relating to Ventura being a 9-11 Truther and Vince being the voice of reason, but I just can't peice it together.

JBL can be so polarizing...one moment he'll drop a random Dick The Bruiser reference, the next he'll obnoxiously shout over the other guys with his pro-Authority talking points and buzzwords.

The best JBL is "This old promotor still owes me money!" JBL.

Did my ears deceive me or during the Rusev match did Vince actually scream in Cole's ear to talk up Joe McCarthy?

This was a complete what the fuck moment

Nah I doubt Vince had anything to do with it. JBL, in talking up Rusev, was making some pro Russia statements. Cole jokingly said too bad Joseph McCarthy isn't still around. It was a joke, not the pro McCarthy point some are trying to turn it into.

Just watched this. All I'll remember about it was that my denial over Bryan came to an end and HOLY FUCK THAT AMBROSE PROMO!!!

Dude's come so far since those awful Joker things he was doing. And mind you, he was at least doing those better than Sting at the time.

Also, the singing and Cena has done in Bray for now. Just put Harper in charge.

• Like 1

The Roman Reigns "Game of Thrones" name dropping amused me because we all want the Rollins double turn back to babyface to include a Red Wedding-esque moment of betrayal where Triple H and Randy Orton are dropped on their heads as many times as possible.

And we finally got the psycho Dean Ambrose promo we've always wanted.

I was expecting The Shield to give Cena a "Thanks, buddy, but, we'll handle this" assisted powerbomb at the end of the match.  I wish I had gotten that spot.  Cena trying to get postive rub by associating with the popular gimmick leaves me just as cold as Kurt Angle trying to revive his shine by being seen with the Beautiful People in TNA. 

Just turn heel already and be awesome at being a douchebag.  People will love you twice as much when you go back to being a face.

Creative should've just called up two prospects to dive bomb the Wyatt's at the end of the match and officially join The Hounds of Justice instead of booking Cena.

CUT OFF ONE HEAD AND TWO GROW BACK IN ITS PLACE~! HAIL, SHIELD~!

Lana's ghetto booty > Alicia Fox's ghetto booty and that is a damn shame. The pseudo lesbian food moment between Alicia Fox and Aksana was reeeeeeally awkward.  Who did Aksana anger to deserve being practially waterboarded in the ring and being fed chewed popcorn as if she were a baby sparrow?  EWWWW~!

Liked the opener and main event both. Excellent promos from Ambrose, Reigns, and Rollins. Thought it was Ambrose's best after I used to hate his indy work, great stuff here. Rollins came off good in his new role. Wish Batista stuck around a little longer to get that title reign.. curious to see who gets the last spot. Should be The Demon since he was in line for another shot anyways. Also the Evolution theme will always rule, one of my top favorites.

curious to see who gets the last spot. Should be The Demon since he was in line for another shot anyways.

The Kiss Demon?  It has been awhile.  And that makes as much as sense as, Oh I don't know, Kane or someone like that.

57th Kane character change ever. 

Solid main event despite Cena's spot-calling (when you watch enough Botchamania you get used to it). Nice sprint at the end with the double Reigns apron kick, and GODDAMN is Ambrose a great psycho face. He needs to stop trying to give himself concussions off of Luke's moves however. It may be entertaining but he'll be getting rehab with Bryan before long.

• Like 1