DVDVR Message Board

Saddest Whedoning of a character in his works? *Spoilers*

Ryan

36 members have voted

1. 1. Saddest Whedoning of a character in his works?

• Buffy, the first time.
    • Jenny Calendar
    • Angel
    • Joyce(Buffy's mother)
    • Buffy, the second time.
    • Tara
    • Anya
    • Spike
    • Doyle
    • Darla
    • Cordelia
    • Fred
    • Wesley
    • Shepherd Book
    • Wash
    • Agent Coulson
    • Someone from Dollhouse or any other works I've never seen or read.

Well you got your fucking wish in Dollhouse, didn't you?  That was the only time that a Joss death flat-out made me angry.  So pointless, so arbitrary, so shock-value-for-its-own-sake.  I actually barked "Dammit, Joss!" aloud when that happened.  

He did not snuff Sierra, so I was good.

I LOVED Sierra.  Why hasn't she been in more stuff?  

Dichen Lachman had a small villanous role on an episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day and she's been on The Glades and an episode of CSI.

She currently has a recurring role as Anya on The CW's post-apolcalyptic thingie, The 100.

She was in that Andre Braugher show about the nuclear submarine as well.

When I say "why hasn't she been in more stuff?", what I should've written is "why hasn't this actress been WAY more successful in snagging big roles in big projects?".  She's incredible, but all she's been offered is the piddling TV stuff you guys mentioned.  

She was better at creating completely different characters for each role than anybody else in the cast, and significantly more so than Eliza.

I recall all of them being pretty average at it. Maybe its just been too long or because of Orphan Black, but I don't recall any of them being particularly impressive at playing the various roles. Whats more Dichen wouldn't have worked as lead because she really doesn't have a strong presence or charisma. She worked for the general theme but not the main story.

She was better at creating completely different characters for each role than anybody else in the cast, and significantly more so than Eliza.

I recall all of them being pretty average at it. Maybe its just been too long or because of Orphan Black, but I don't recall any of them being particularly impressive at playing the various roles. Whats more Dichen wouldn't have worked as lead because she really doesn't have a strong presence or charisma. She worked for the general theme but not the main story.

Your standards and expectations are WAY too high.  Bullshit, does Dichen have strong presence or charisma?  Go fuck yourself with an Oscar if you demand that she should've done better.  Show me YOUR acting takes.  

You have some problems if you're getting that angry over a simple difference of opinions on actors. I don't even particularly dislike Dichen. I just don't think she has the goods to go much further than she has.

Honestly, she should have been the lead in Dollhouse.

Wouldn't have happened. Fox's deal with Dollhouse was specifically with Dushku. Whedon came in after the fact because she requested it.

You have some problems if you're getting that angry over a simple difference of opinions on actors. I don't even particularly dislike Dichen. I just don't think she has the goods to go much further than she has.

I get angry when an armchair quarterback condescends his idiotic way-out-of-the-consensus opinions upon us all, yes.  I've acted, and directed actors, and want to do more in the future.  I know what I'm talking about.  You apparently don't.  If I'm wrong, please, feel free to correct me.  But I'm pretty sure I'm right.  

Except I wasn't being condescending and just happened to disagree on a particular actress's talent. Right now all you're doing is acting like an asshole because I don't agree with you. Go fuck yourself.

Honestly, she should have been the lead in Dollhouse.

Wouldn't have happened. Fox's deal with Dollhouse was specifically with Dushku. Whedon came in after the fact because she requested it.

Yeah, I know.  It's more of a "retrospect" thing.  She was a much better fit for the role than the person it was created around.

Okay, in hindsight I was too rude.  I apologize for the harshness of my phrasing, that was uncalled for.  (I still just really don't understand your opinion, at all, it seriously sounds to me like someone trying to argue that 2 + 2 = 24,601, you're the first person I've ever met who didn't think Dichen was amazing.)  

Okay, in hindsight I was too rude.  I apologize for the harshness of my phrasing, that was uncalled for.  (I still just really don't understand your opinion, at all, it seriously sounds to me like someone trying to argue that 2 + 2 = 24,601, you're the first person I've ever met who didn't think Dichen was amazing.)  

I apologize for my reaction as well. Honestly, she just never stood out much to me. I actually like her fine, I just don't find her amazing. I hadn't even really seen her receive such praise until this topic.