DVDVR Message Board

All Japan Implosion (Again)!

Eivion

So Akiyama is taking over AJPW (becoming president), and the old Triple Crown belts will be coming back. Its just a matter now of whether or not the roster will actually keep the All Japan Pro-Wrestling name as apparently Shiraishi owns it.

So Akiyama is taking over AJPW (becoming president), and the old Triple Crown belts will be coming back. Its just a matter now of whether or not the roster will actually keep the All Japan Pro-Wrestling name as apparently Shiraishi owns it.

So how did this come about? 

Last I remembered, some guy came in and Mutoh split with the roster. So are you saying that guy is bailing and Akiyama is taking over?

Can the Wrestle-1 crew come back?

So how did this come about? 

Last I remembered, some guy came in and Mutoh split with the roster. So are you saying that guy is bailing and Akiyama is taking over?

Can the Wrestle-1 crew come back?

I have no idea. It sounds more like they are ousting the guy rather than him bailing.

I hope the Wrestle-1 guys return. There really shouldn't be a reason for them not to with Shiraishi gone.

I thought this was an important enough topic to have its own thread.

Will be curious to see how things go, I mean W-1 has its moments but is pretty useless, but people have such massive egos I don't know what it would take for them to join back up again.

Extrapolating on some points here, but I do wonder if there is now any heat between Akiyama and Mutoh.  If so, that might put a wrench into any potential talent shift.  I have no idea, just throwing it out there.  

At this point, I'm really hoping that certain wrestlers finally start doing what's best for their careers, and not continue to cling on to some sort of odd loyalty which puts them in mediocre wrestling limbo, i.e. NOAH/All Japan/Wrestle-1, etc;

Wrestle-1 is painfully awful, and I have serious doubts that it's ever going to get any better.  

I hope All Japan can turn this around, even if the name goes away for good.  In some ways, the industry in Japan, outside of New Japan and Dragon Gate, collapsing and imploding like this may turn out to be the very thing it needs to finally have healthy competition again.  Everything just seems so stale to me these days.  If anything, the time is ripe for some consolidation.  

Far too optimistic, you say?  Yeah, yeah, I know...

It makes sense for AJ and W-1 to recombine once Akiyama is in power.  Neither has much of a roster or fanbase to go it alone.  Hell, it makes sense for AJ to reabsorb Noah too, while they're at it.

Since it makes sense, I'm assuming someone's ego will get in the way and it will never happens.

If anything watch them split again. So sad to see these promotions tear themselves apart. If NOAH, W-1, and AJPW merged they'd actually be a complete promotion and have plenty of fresh match ups with intrigue to roll out for years.

• Like 2

You live Japan, Otto, anymore news to tell about this that others haven't translated and put out there yet?

Unfortunately, no.  Honestly, if I had any extra sources, this board would be the first to know.  

One I've always felt I could provide is what I'm currently watching on TV over here, give people some advice on what to look out for, that kind of stuff.  Frankly, it's been a pretty dull 6-8 months from anything non-New Japan, so even as that goes, I'm racking by brain to come up with something positive to say.  It's been disheartening.  

[AJPW News] The new AJPW President Jun Akiyama officially announced the establishment of a new company, and the 13 wrestlers affiliated with AJPW will be joining it as well.

The aim of the new promotion now is to try and restore the confidence that has been damaged by the owner Nobuo Shiraishi. Akiyama’s new venture will indeed be picking up everything that was being done by All Japan including the titles and even the scheduled events in the coming months. This Includes the big show at the Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, 6,000-7,000 give or take seat max, on August 30. Which will be Akiyama first major test in regards to the fans either accepting the changes or not.

All Japan will be carrying on as scheduled throughout this month including the Triple Crown match between Takao Omori and Jun Akiyama at the Korakuen Hall on June 15. Then as of the next tour “2014 Summer Action Series” that begins on July 12 will be a part of the new changes.

The full event card for the upcoming Korakuen Hall show on June 15 has been announced as well.

All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2014 Dynamite Series”, 6/15/2014 [sun] 12:00 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo

() Ryuji Hijikata [FREE] vs. Masao Inoue

() Osamu Nishimura [FREE] & Koji Doi [WNC] vs. Yutaka Yoshie [FREE] & Masato Shibata [u-FILE CAMP]

() Mitsuya Nagai [DRADITION] & Kengo Mashimo [K-DOJO] vs. Kento Miyahara & Menso~re Oyaji [FREE]

() KENSO & Hideki Suzuki [FREE] vs. Suwama & Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION]

() Jr. Scramble Premium Tag Match: Atsushi Aoki & Masanobu Fuchi vs. Ultimo Dragon & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

() GAORA TV Championship Match: [4th Champion] Kotaro Suzuki vs. [Challenger] SUSHI

~ First title defense.

() Triple Crown Championship Decision Match: Takao Omori vs. Jun Akiyama

~ Winner becomes the 48th generation champion.

Source: Puroresu Spirit translated whatever.

If he puts the belt on himself, we may know what this new fed is going to be like.