DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 6/6/14

victor

I thought I was the writer prone to exaggerated hyperbole here!

Charlotte is very, very good. She is really athletic but also has size. She's come a really long way in the limited ring time she has had. I am sure she didn't call that match against Nattie and Sara or whoever put it together but executing the match -- and understanding why it was put together like that -- is really important.

They are taking the divas division a lot more seriously. It has become watchable since the Pipebombshell. It wasn't before. Paige is really good. Alicia is very good. Emma is really good but saddled in a comedy role. Summer is really good but hasn't had much of a chance to show it on the big roster. They have Sasha, Charlotte and Bayley in reserve. If AK returns, they have a really solid division around that core.

I think that Bayley is the next "I don't understand what the big deal is".

Some day they will pile all the bodies of the "cute quirky girl" gimmicks beneath Santino, who will stand atop them like Conan: The Push Destroyer...like, old-fashioned movie poster style.

We should all have Gregg do any recommendation letters we might need someday:

This applicant is the greatest board poster you have encountered in the last:

a) 5 years

b ) 20 years

c) since the Four Postsmen

d) Frank Gotches of time

e) Forever...Forever....Forever

Emma and Bayley both could easily be promoted to reach a different demographic than typical WWE programming (i.e. preteen girls) but the main show seems to have no idea how to push Emma as anything other than 'quirky' which won't work in the same way.

Charlotte is descent at best right now and has done an okay job of not trying to be "Rica" Flair with all the Ric spots while still being reminiscent of Flair with spots like the discuss chop, figure four headlock and corner tumbles.  She does have some glaring moments like when she tries to throw a clothesline or miss an elbow drop that look right awful.  One thing she does do well is work holds which was probably best shown off in the tournament semi-final with Bliss.  Going forward, she might actually be better off being more of a 'big woman' worker since she seems to tower over every other lady on the roster.

Oh, SNAP! The old "you're not Stephen King" putdown. No, I can't say that I've had his success, but I do okay. I get to go to work when I damn well please and wear what I please as opposed to yourself, who is likely required to wear a hairnet and paper hat at your place of business. Oh, and for the record, it's pretty likely that I've written, edited, and/or published more books than you've had pieces of ass. (Paraphrasing one Ric Flair).

Holy fuck.

Besides the point, anything wrong with wearing a hairnet and paper hat at work? A job is a job is a job.

Ric Flair is Ric Flair, he's the greatest wrestler that ever lived. Charlotte is an athletic women's wrestler but so was Michelle McCool.

• Like 2

I think that Bayley is the next "I don't understand what the big deal is".

Some day they will pile all the bodies of the "cute quirky girl" gimmicks beneath Santino, who will stand atop them like Conan: The Push Destroyer...like, old-fashioned movie poster style.

Emma screwed Emma.

• Like 1

Oh, SNAP! The old "you're not Stephen King" putdown. No, I can't say that I've had his success, but I do okay. I get to go to work when I damn well please and wear what I please as opposed to yourself, who is likely required to wear a hairnet and paper hat at your place of business. Oh, and for the record, it's pretty likely that I've written, edited, and/or published more books than you've had pieces of ass. (Paraphrasing one Ric Flair).

Holy fuck.

Besides the point, anything wrong with wearing a hairnet and paper hat at work? A job is a job is a job.

Ric Flair is Ric Flair, he's the greatest wrestler that ever lived. Charlotte is an athletic women's wrestler but so was Michelle McCool.

I actually think if you take away how strong Charlotte's built, she is a dead ringer for Michelle. They even share the same "she's good looking but not hot/sexy at all" thing.

Holy fuck.

I actually think if you take away how strong Charlotte's built, she is a dead ringer for Michelle. They even share the same "she's good looking but not hot/sexy at all" thing.

200_s.gif

• Like 1

I never got the McCool comparison until just now. But thinking about it she is McCool 2.0. Hell the BFF's are LayCool.

As we saw on NXT, if they give the divas a chance to really put in a good match it will deliver. But the problem is most of the divas are the former models that were cast and trained to do the bare minimum in the ring. Brie Bella somehow became decentish (IE probably won't kill anyone with a knee drop like Aksana). But the rest of them are barely passable in the ring. God bless Alica for finally getting a real character because it breathed life into her. For the longest time she was just "oh hey look its Alicia". Now theres actual character that can cover the lack of skills.

I really liked Alica vs. Nattie especially when Nattie was so afraid of her at one point that she hid behind the ref. JBL even put over that she was trained in the Dungeon and saw all kinds of horrors when grown men were stretched out and Alica was scaring the hell out of her.

Only other match I really enjoyed was Bo vs. Santino. The mutual respect at the start had me laughing so hard. Then when Bo got all angry when Santino showed him up it was great. The Bo undefeated streak should go on till next wrestlemania. Its going to be heart breaking to see him lose that first match.

Offspring515:

In regard to post #48, I really wasn't going to bother with you, but you're clearly so delusional that I felt I ought to set you straight. I could cite all manner of reviews, awards etc., but I'm not that vain. The last time I earned a Bram Stoker Award from HWA I didn't even bother showing up in person to accept it.

I certainly appreciated the thought from my peers, but that sort of stuff is secondary to the main reason I do what I do. I'm pleased to say that since age 23 I have never drawn an hourly wage and have lived quite comfortably on my own terms ever since. You ought to try it if you have the talent and guts to do so.

And no, I'm not a big deal in the literary world, but with over a dozen anthologies and an additional five dozen single author collections assembled and introduced, to say nothing of my own writing, I'd guess that at least to readers of the genres that I work in, my work will be read and remembered long after I'm gone.

In the meantime, while I take a break from work, I'll continue to make hyperbolic statements and watch you and a select group of little lemmings fly off the handle and make yourselves ridiculous. Thanks for playing!

Come on man. Anyone doing remedial work should be mocked and shamed. World needs more drug dealers. Losers will never know the pleasure of getting to wear sweatpants all day everyday.

• Like 1