DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling HoF - What hat do they wear?

In baseball when a guy goes to the Hall of Fame and he had success with 2 different teams it becomes a question of which team does he represent in the HoF. Got me thinking about that and prowrestling...

Steve Williams - Gotta be AJPW.

Rick Rude - Tough one. More famous in the WWF but had better matches and more success in WCW... Think I gotta go with WCW.

Keiji Muto - NJPW born and raised but now an AJPW fixture for well over 10 years. Going NJPW here.

Kurt Angle - WWE but I had to think about it. The volume of fun matches he's had in TNA is pretty high.

I'd say Flair would have to be JCP/NWA, that was probably his most successful run and the one that put him.on the map. Rude I'd have to disagree on, I think it'd have to be WWF, he was more consistent there and, regardless of title runs, I feel like had more success there. What about Vader? Great topic by the way.

RVD would be ECW without a doubt.

Vader is tricky. One would think NJPW but you can make a case for WCW. That's one of the great monster heel runs of all time.

Ok here is a real tricky one. WCW Dustin Rhodes or WWF Goldust? I'm gonna need a minute...

I'd prefer to see him go in as Dustin Rhodes, but the Goldust gimmick is probably more significant/got pushed harder/had longer legs.

Gotta be Goldust. If that gimmick bombs, there's a decent chance the WWF never rises above the cartoon gimmickry it was known for at the time, and the Attitude Era probably never happens. And if Rhodes doesn't commit to the gimmick as fully as he did, I don't think there's a chance it works out as well as it did.