DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Filler 6-2-14

MGFanJay

Since Dewar brought it up, I'm going to have to concur...  Rose's Army in Portland was the goods! How good were they? They were a great stable even with Ed Leslie as Dizzy Hogan. And no, he couldn't work a lick even back then, but with guys like Rose, Oliver, and Matt Bourne to do the heavy lifting, he was pretty inoffensive. I actually think Rose's Army could have been over on a national scale if they came along ten-fifteen years later. A discussion of Rose's Army probably merits its own thread, but you had one of the top ten workers in the world (Rose), two guys that were merely excellent in the ring (Oliver and Bourne), and two guys that were as good as anyone on the stick, (Rose & Oliver). As Dizzy Hogan, Leslie pretty much just strutted around and flexed. He looked way more bulked up when he was in Portland than in his WWF years.

The answer as always is Corey Graves.

I've never actually seen a Graves match, or a Sterling James Keenan match for that matter, but there certainly seem to be an awful lot of people who think he's a blight on humanity.

The answer as always is Corey Graves.

I've never actually seen a Graves match, or a Sterling James Keenan match for that matter, but there certainly seem to be an awful lot of people who think he's a blight on humanity.

He's had the same career arc in NXT that Bo Dallas had. They threw him out there as a bad-ass face but it wasn't working at all. He was just so, so, so annoying in the role. But then they turned him into a vicious heel. He's been NXT's best kept secret because people still hate him but that's the point. Bo Dallas is a great oblivious character but he still has some funny stuff like his PowerPoint combination or pathetic attempt at redoing the YES! Movement takeover. Graves gives the audience absolutely NOTHING to enjoy. He's just a total dick/douche combination and he's sort of been a revelation during his last run.

He'd be terrible for The Shield, though. He's not fun enough, if that makes sense.

I don't think Sami is really a good fit to wear a flak jacket but he's got the closest thing approximating Rollins' babyface offense and spitfire. You could throw him into that role and the six-man dynamic of The Shield having just a constant string of amazing matches would probably hold up well.

over/under, padlock in two pages, winner chooses avatar for the other for the rest of june

any takers

On, Under.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Damn you.

• Like 1

Adrian Neville as the new member of The Shield? He can take over Seth's place as the guy who does all the high flying flippy stuff. Also, he's currently the NXT Champion, which Seth was when The Shield began their run.

• Like 1

Adrian Neville as the new member of The Shield? He can take over Seth's place as the guy who does all the high flying flippy stuff. Also, he's currently the NXT Champion, which Seth was when The Shield began their run.

If they are getting a new member, I want it to be Kalisto. His SWAT Team/Expendables Lucha hybrid gear would be awesome.

I think bringing up a new Shield member would be bad for everyone. Even if it was someone comparably talented like Zayn, he'd still be living in Rollins' shadow, and presumably the whole point of this is to push Rollins which means he needs to beat some guys now. You might be able to get away with jobbing Rollins once or twice if he gets MITB, but you have to be careful not to turn him into Sandow type.

I think bringing up a new Shield member would be bad for everyone. Even if it was someone comparably talented like Zayn, he'd still be living in Rollins' shadow, and presumably the whole point of this is to push Rollins which means he needs to beat some guys now. You might be able to get away with jobbing Rollins once or twice if he gets MITB, but you have to be careful not to turn him into Sandow type.

I don't get why people want another member. I think it's time to see if the Shield guys can survive shitty booking. We know they can do tag matches til Kingdom Come, but what happens when they aren't in the spot light, like many many of the guys go through at one point..

You are actively wishing for shitty booking? Allow me to direct your attention to a program called "Impact" which runs on Thursday nights. I believe it should satisfy your morbid desires, you sick, little monkey. Why would any company take something/someone that's earning money hand over fist and intentionally devalue said commodity? Somehow, I don't think business or logic were part of your studies.

• Like 1

I don't get why people want another member. I think it's time to see if the Shield guys can survive shitty booking. We know they can do tag matches til Kingdom Come, but what happens when they aren't in the spot light, like many many of the guys go through at one point..

So, the CM Punk feud?

I don't want a third Shield member so much as I want to talk about neat Kalisto costumes.

For instance, I am also open to Wyatt Family Kalisto as well as saxophone playing Kalisto joining the newly expanded 4.5 Man Band. 

Speaking of the Band, why in in the name of the hell where people are skinned alive as their symbol has Heath Slater's team of champions not been in the greatest stable conversation? 

Finally catching up, hated to see Rollins turn. Very shocking but sucks to see the Shield split.. especially immediately after their most triumphant victory as a team. Will definitely be interesting to follow. Rusev's ceremony was so random but it ruled. Very Ivan Drago esque. Was surprised no one interrupted. Looking forward to seeing if MITB is for the title or we get Bryan vs the Demon in the stretcher match, guess they decided against Buried Alive.

In Kayfabe terms:

3) Reigns has the record for must Rumble eliminations. That's a huge individual achievement. It's not winning The Rumble, but it's still a major accolade and it happened in his very first Rumble. Seth lasted second longest in his first Rumble. Dean also lasted until after the final entrant, which I hold as a benchmark for Rumble success. It's the equivalent of making it to the jury on Survivor. True, Batista won. But he came in at 28 and only eliminated Reigns, I believe. He got a lucky number and ran with it. Overall, though, The Shield had a much better collective Rumble. And it was their first Rumble, which is a completely different type of match that involves different strategies and negated their Band of Brothers style, especially since it's when Ambrose started to go rogue. ADVANTAGE: SHIELD

All four of Evolution have won the Rumble. I would think the Rumble match would definitely be advantage Evolution in kayfabe terms with experience and records. All four have put in 35+ minute Rumble performances (HHH going 45+ on 3 separate times). Flair and HHH both lasted longest in their first Rumbles. HHH is in the top 5 in most combined eliminations with Orton & Batista not far behind and I believe H also holds the record for most combined time spent across Rumble matches.

• Like 2

I swear I am not wading into this argument, but to be fair, the discussion should be what they did as a unit, not what their career numbers were outside of the unit.  No one is arguing that Seth Rollins is a better more accomplished wrestler than Ric Flair.  That being said I still would put Evolution ahead since they had more title success while a group which kayfabe-wise is the main way wrestlers/groups are judged.  The Shield were awfully fun to watch though.

If you think of it that it played out as The Shield being an awesome innovative new startup that was kicking the ass of the bloated old monopoly, so the bloated old monopoly bought them out and ruined them, then Evolution wins

Shield is like Occulus Rift and Evolution is like Facebook.  Shit, maybe there's a better example.  Shield is Spinner.com and Evolution is AOL Radio. Fuck, yeah, 1999!

But Evolution is greater in the way that Microsoft is greater than Awesomesleektech.  Even though Microsoft sucks and Awesomesleektech made that amazing app that was so cool.  Microsoft wins.

I'm absolutely 100% certain the IWC would have bitched about that Survivor Series when The Rock turned and joined The Corporation since "it didn't make sense" because he was beefing with those dudes and getting some major face heat into the tournament. That angle only served to launch him into the stratosphere.

Wait there was no IWC in 1998?

What?

We were Steel City Wrestling back then. IWC didn't start until 2001.

• Like 1