DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Filler 6-2-14

MGFanJay

Crowd was silent.  Not shocked, silent.  Take a note Trip, AND GO THE FUCK AWAY!

The bigger question:

Can Seth Rollins overcome the Black Hole of Heat that is Randy Orton?

Or is this just a way to try and have Orton leech heat off Rollins because lets face it, no one gives a fuck about Orton.

Hey, you're wrong about this every week.

• Like 3

Why does the writing feel like the WWE has hired Russo again?  

It feels like lazy writing with swerves for the sake of swerves.  Is there a belt that means anything nowadays?

When Rollins turned my first thought was 'is Russo writing this?'

The Russo argument is such a yawn.

I haven't watched anything involving Russo in ages. But if memory serves correct, under his watch, some stable would form and then it would break up essentially by the end of the show. And there would be about 15 of these every episode.

This happened after over a year of The Shield tearing through the entire roster and, just a few months ago, nearly breaking up due to interpersonal conflicts. Rollins turning came out of nowhere but they did tease the group being on the fringe not that long ago, with Rollins being the only guy holding it together for everyone.

How is this a Russo swerve? Or something that doesn't make sense?

• Like 1

Things happen, people whine about it.

Every week. I'm just a little nervous about how Ambrose comes out of this. Hopefully they don't go the full blown goof route with him. Keep that edge. Keep him dangerous.

He's got a dangerous look to him, I doubt he goes full idiot.

There is clearly also an order to only show Bo Dallas running from behind or from the chest up. 

How amazing is that? that they had to bring that up in a production meeting, and put little post-it notes on the cameras.  And this after having the t-shirt talk with him.

Would he be the youngest non-fat guy wrestler ever to have to wear a t-shirt ala Flair on the last Nitro?

Guess I am the only who thinks you guys have fucking killed the titty thing to death. Wasn't really funny to begin with.

Wade getting left to the babyface version of the wolves because his partner decided he was above jobbing is how he started how he lost the title last year... :(

Good to see a divas match with a purpose for once. Aksana didn't look absolutely horrible, for once.

And I just read that JR thinks Seth can talk. Um, not with that voice. Jiminy Cricket.

• Like 1

Things happen, people whine about it.

Every week. I'm just a little nervous about how Ambrose comes out of this. Hopefully they don't go the full blown goof route with him. Keep that edge. Keep him dangerous.

He's got a dangerous look to him, I doubt he goes full idiot.

RAW_1095_Photo_200.0_standard_709.0.jpg

You'll never see it coming.

I haven't watched anything involving Russo in ages. But if memory serves correct, under his watch, some stable would form and then it would break up essentially by the end of the show. And there would be about 15 of these every episode.

This happened after over a year of The Shield tearing through the entire roster and, just a few months ago, nearly breaking up due to interpersonal conflicts. Rollins turning came out of nowhere but they did tease the group being on the fringe not that long ago, with Rollins being the only guy holding it together for everyone.

More about lazy writing and swerves for the sake of swerves which punctuated Russo's tenure everywhere.

They devalued the US and Intercontinental Titles and the main title is now in limbo.  Of course ignoring the main title means the focus of the show shifts more towards HHH.

It feels like the WWE is rudderless right now.  

More about lazy writing and swerves for the sake of swerves which punctuated Russo's tenure everywhere.

They devalued the US and Intercontinental Titles and the main title is now in limbo.  Of course ignoring the main title means the focus of the show shifts more towards HHH.

It feels like the WWE is rudderless right now.  

I think it's less "lazy writing and swerves for the sakes of swerves" on the WWE's end and more "IWC fans will complain about literally anything just for the sake of complaining" myself.

• Like 5

I'm absolutely 100% certain the IWC would have bitched about that Survivor Series when The Rock turned and joined The Corporation since "it didn't make sense" because he was beefing with those dudes and getting some major face heat into the tournament. That angle only served to launch him into the stratosphere.

I'm not saying this will propel Rollins to that level of stardom. But I am saying that turning a guy in this position -- a hot commodity who led a faction to becoming the greatest ever not named The Four Horsemen in kayfabe turns -- has a track record. This is exactly when you make the turn.

Rollins is a great face but he was also an awesome heel. He's just great, period. He and Dean had some great matches in FCW before they got called up. They'll be even better now -- the fans are invested in this story, they're better wrestlers now, etc. Reigns needs some help in solo matches and who better than to serve in that role than Rollins as his opponent. This also now puts Rollins in a position to have something with Daniel Bryan (once he vanquishes Kane) and John Cena (who started his issues with The Authority last night) and a potential new Shield member (Sami Zayn? Adrian Neville?) and Randy Orton (after making a play for his spot) and even a face version of Bray down the line.

This turn seriously opened up a whole lot of new directions they can get into.

• Like 1

The Authority, and Evolution by proxy, are dogs with no teeth.  Why the fuck would you leave a dominate stable to join a stable that's been clowned repeatedly for damn near 8 months (counting Authority and Evolution as basically one thing, even though they split to deal with seperate issues)?  

HHH: Listen Seth, I get it.  The Shield is the future... but you, YOU, are the one that made it happen.  You're the architect, the glue, what made the Shield great.  With our backing and without Reigns and Ambrose holding you back, YOU can be even greater.  And hey, here's a shitton of money too.

This "Shield are the greatest faction ever" nonsense really needs to stop.

Let's start in the last 10 years. From an in-ring perspective or kayfabe perspective, name a stable that was more successful then the SHIELD.

Now try 20.

Now try 30.

No try ever.

The only answer I can come up with is the Horsemen.

• Like 5

The nWo

Evolution I

DX

That's three. All are far bigger deals by any metric you care to use

In terms of the WWE's canon -- They whipped Evolution's ass. They also had an overall record of something like 4,500,134 - 10 in their 1.5 years on the roster.

This "Shield are the greatest faction ever" nonsense really needs to stop.

Let's start in the last 10 years. From an in-ring perspective or kayfabe perspective, name a stable that was more successful then the SHIELD.

Now try 20.

Now try 30.

No try ever.

The only answer I can come up with is the Horsemen.

The Dangerous Alliance.

• Like 3