DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Filler 6-2-14

MGFanJay

The fact that they had to mentioned Batista quitting 5 times tells how meaningless this show was until the last 5 minutes

Romblins are Batista is tired of the crap, man.  Rumor has it he was promised things and It was crap.  Word in the back is all crap.  And sources say he's sick of the crap.

If I was a big Hollywood movie director, I wouldn't want to hire a fellow like that Batista.

• Like 1

The bigger question:

Can Seth Rollins overcome the Black Hole of Heat that is Randy Orton?

Or is this just a way to try and have Orton leech heat off Rollins because lets face it, no one gives a fuck about Orton.

• Like 1

The biggest missed angle of all-time was the Invasion angle.

Do you know what's probably second? No break-up of the Horsemen. Sure, they had Ole leave and Lex forced out. But they never had JJ engineer Tully taking out Flair or Arn doing the same or anything like that.

Stables get made to eventually break-up. That's the whole point. The trick is to have the stable that breaks up mean something. The Shield just beat Evolution 3-0. They've beaten all comers. Where else do you go from there? I'd love another feud with The Wyatts but you can only do that so many times. There isn't another six-man force in the wings. The Shield will never mean more as a unit than they do right now. That's when you take them apart.

I think Daniel Bryan Beats Everyone should make everyone take a deep breath with this.

Are people seriously asking, from a Kayfabe standpoint, why Seth Rollins would turn on the Shield and join Evolution?  Because Triple H and Randy Orton are much bigger stars, so associating with much biggers stars makes you a much bigger star?  Because Rollins is a former NXT World Champion, unlike Ambrose and Reigns, and thus believes he's bigger/better than the rest of the Shield?  How about because you're aligning with the guy who runs WWE, so by aligning with him, you can get championship opportunities much sooner than you would by standing against him?  MONEY?!!??!

I mean, you can argue the non-kayfabe points (Rollins has the least heelish moveset and an arsenal of crowd-pleasing moves, Ambrose is naturally unlikeable/sleazy, Reigns could take the Batista route to becoming World Champ) but to say there's no reason for Rollins to turn on the Shield because they've won a couple matches against Evolution is silliness.

I only saw half this show, but I liked what I saw.

-Opening match was perfectly serviceable and probably leads to a Cesaro-Barrett match, maybe with Barrett turning face.

-And I LIKED Sandow's cheap heat.  What's wrong with cheap heat?!

-Bo is so much fun.  Kingston had no idea how to take that Bo-Dog, though.

-I saw the last strech of ADR-Ziggler and actually thought it was the beginning of a renewed Ziggler push, what with the crowd being super into it and all, but alas...

-Cena got in some good lines about Stephanie, specifically the surgery line.

-I saw the last strech of ADR-Ziggler and actually thought it was the beginning of a renewed Ziggler push, what with the crowd being super into it and all, but alas...

Where in the living Hell was Summer Rae?  Goddammit, did the June photo thread jerk me around or what?

HOW CAN IT BE THE SUMMER OF DOLPH 2.0 WITHOUT THE SUMMER PART??????

No wonder you lost again, you fucking idiot valet to another idiot valet. I'm sorry.  We can work this out, Dolph.  Also your punches still suck.  What did I ever see in you?  I love you.  Moron.  COME BACK, DOLPH!!!! I hate you. I NEED YOU!

Do you know what's probably second? No break-up of the Horsemen. Sure, they had Ole leave and Lex forced out. But they never had JJ engineer Tully taking out Flair or Arn doing the same or anything like that.

Stables get made to eventually break-up. That's the whole point. The trick is to have the stable that breaks up mean something. The Shield just beat Evolution 3-0. They've beaten all comers. Where else do you go from there? I'd love another feud with The Wyatts but you can only do that so many times. There isn't another six-man force in the wings. The Shield will never mean more as a unit than they do right now. That's when you take them apart.

I think Daniel Bryan Beats Everyone should make everyone take a deep breath with this.

Um, the Horsemen got turned on, beat down, and broken up.  Twice.

Unless they decide to make Ambrose more hardcore and a brawler, teaming with Reigns instead of teaming for Rollins could be ugly

And why wasn't Daniel Bryan on the show.  I understand he can't wrestle but he needed cena to do all his talking AGAIN?   And please dear god don't tell me we are going to get a Cena vs Kane Part 500 feud from this

Bo Dallas is a great character but man he is dull in the ring.  Even though he was corny in NXT when he hit the ring he seemed more serious and hard hitting.  Now his moves in the ring are goofy.   And that finisher needs to go if you are having trouble figuring that one out

Ole got jettisoned out of the group. Lex made a play but got tossed out. They were cast as the group outcasts. No one ever stepped up to try and take the belt from Flair.

Basically, Dean saw Roman's titties last night, and has been trying to master them since. Seth was disgusted by this behavior. He just wanted to sit down and eat a nice DiGiorno pizza and Dean would start being Mr. Grabbyhands and Roman would slap them away and then Deans hands would get into the pizza and you know that motherfucker doesn't wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom. That shit takes like 20 minutes to cook you asshole

I don't blame you Seth

• Like 2

roflbot.jpg

How great is it going to be when Dean is out of his mind with betrayal rage and gets a shot at Rollins?  It really was the better way to go.  Dean's bizarre "code" means he will be 10x crazy next week.

He's probably in his VW bug combing the city for Rollins now while he's stashed Reigns in Dennis Hopper's bungalow.

• Like 3

Ole got jettisoned out of the group. Lex made a play but got tossed out. They were cast as the group outcasts. No one ever stepped up to try and take the belt from Flair.

No, but they've been broken up 3 times, mostly because guys got sick of Flair, or guys left to go to WWF.  And Henning turned and joined the nWo, which resulted in a huge beatdown of the Horsemen and the infamous "Liver Spot" parody promo.

And even though Flair claimed Sting was "never a Horseman", he was with the group when he did step to take the belt from Flair.  Don't you remember RoboCop?

They'll basically reveal that Bray wears the thumb guard like Curlys glove from Of Mice and Men and Luke walked in to Bray using Erick like one of those thumb wrestler figures from the 80s then BOOM breakup