DVDVR Message Board

Payback '14

Dolfan in NYC

People, let's not get off topic and go back to what really matters here.

Can we talk about shirtless Roman Reigns for a sec?

He's not quite as intimidating without the vest. He basically has a body type like one of the Usos. I like how after the match he quickly put the vest back on, like a fat kid getting out of the swimming pool and immediately reaching for his shirt.

Alicia is an attractive woman--but she REALLY needs to rethink her wig and eyebrows.  There is so much going on with them that is just wrong.

Late showing up on this one.

Sheamus and Cesaro beating the shit out of each other for my entertainment was a blast. Sheamus is growing on me and I didn't think that was possible.

I went for a walk and missed the Brie/Steph thing. I'll live with that.

RVD and BnB. I really like BnB.

I wish E. and Rusev had a bit more time. A nice battle of the hosses. Lana makes my pants feel like they did in high school.

The Paige/Fox match was ok. The Natalya/Charlotte match set the bar pretty high for a women's match to impress me this week.

Bray/Cena was my match of the night. I wasn't crazy about the finish but hey, it was the Fruity pebbles guy winning the match so some silliness was inevitable, I guess. This match was a great out of control hate-fest. All it needed was a blade job. To the people who say wrestling doesn't need blood, your mom is waiting outside in the car to take you to your co-ed knitting class...ya half pussy.

The Shield/Evolution match was fun at the beginning and at the end. The middle "Evolution is in control" section really dragged on and the crowd seemed to agree. The Tittie Master, Roman of the Christ, and Set Rollins' Flying Circus are among the best talents to show up in the WWE in the last ten years. Oh, and Batista came out in blue gear. Did you hear about that? About his blue gear? It was blue.

Who is the last Guy Cena really put over. Bryan's win over him was looked at as a fluke and the named the knee after John Cena. The punk matches were complete clusterfuck booking. He's run through Wyatt and Cesaro pretty easily. Rusev will be next. I wish he'd be more like Triple H and take a couple clean losses to the new blood. Triple H realizes these losses can only help the company. Cena is being pretty selfish.

• Like 1

Who is the last Guy Cena really put over. Bryan's win over him was looked at as a fluke and the named the knee after John Cena. The punk matches were complete clusterfuck booking. He's run through Wyatt and Cesaro pretty easily. Rusev will be next. I wish he'd be more like Triple H and take a couple clean losses to the new blood. Triple H realizes these losses can only help the company. Cena is being pretty selfish.

Wait, what?  Were you watching when HHH was the top guy?  Is the WWE right, are our memories really that short? 

I'm sure Cena will be putting over folks just like HHH when he reaches that phase of his wrestling career. 

EDIT:  ebbie just beat me to it, albeit a bit more politely.

Triple H was always putting over guys. Batista, Cena, Benoit.. he even put over Hulk Hogan because it was best for business. He took out guys like Steiner and Kane but by that point they were midcard fodder. The Rock was another Guy who had no problem putting guys over... I can't remember the last time Cena really helped a Guy out..

Batista's great and it's a shame leaving  again. I've enjoyed Evolution, they've been pretty hilarious as the three uncool, generic gay muscle men with their shit skeleton posing t-shirts.

Sheamus/Cesaro was my favourite match of the night. The mains were good but a touch too overbooked for my liking. I find it hard to believe how good a job they've done with the Shield. Putting all three over strong was a pleasant surprise as I was expecting the Roman Reigns show. Funny how it took a face turn for Ambrose to start fulfilling his potential. I like all three guys (except Rollins when he's near a mic) but Ambrose as a modern day 80s All Japan Terry Funk hits all my right buttons. And he's gorgeous. I fancy the pants off that man, don't know why but I do.

Them two meaty fucks Rusev/Big E slapping the shit out of each other was also delicious. And RYBAXLE! I've always adored The Big Guy but Axel's watchable now too. Love them with their condoms on their head, acting like jocks from some crap 80s teen film.

I truly hope RVD fucks off for good now.

The Bryan segment was better than I expected it to be. Steph is gold at the moment. So vile. Her CM Punk comment and that hideous fucking face she made when Brie announced she'd quit were priceless. Even Brie was almost likeable. She made Steph piss herself with that slap as well, literally!

Talking of which, shame the divas are still positioned as the piss break segment with the commentators shitting on it. God I hate them three idiots. They annoy me to the point where I couldn't even watch the midgets match. You'd think they'd watch NXT and get a clue.

Yeah, good show.

Triple H was always putting over guys. Batista, Cena, Benoit.. he even put over Hulk Hogan because it was best for business. He took out guys like Steiner and Kane but by that point they were midcard fodder. The Rock was another Guy who had no problem putting guys over... I can't remember the last time Cena really helped a Guy out..

Wyatt is one of the, what like 5 guys, to go into a John Cena feud looking worst at the end than when he went into it? I get that Cena hasn't had much of a "He's John Fucking Cena" year and I don't know most what he was doing before the Wyatt stuff this year. But that takes exceptional booking and talent to look bad in a John Cena feud.

Batista and Cena were after HHH's Reign of Boredom, though.  Benoit is the only guy he really put over in that period.  And he didn't just beat guys - he crushed, and cue gif, buried them for weeks or months at a time before dominating them in the ring.  Cena gets his ass kicked on a regular basis.  Oh and he put over that one guy, Daniel Bryan, pretty fucking huge in what you could really call Bryan's Benoit moment. 

Batista's great and it's a shame leaving  again. I've enjoyed Evolution, they've been pretty hilarious as the three uncool, generic gay muscle men with their shit skeleton posing t-shirts.

I've also enjoyed Batista's return from winning the Royal Rumble match, reverting back to his 2010 heel persona, the WrestleMania XXX main event with Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton, Evolution's return, vs. The Shield at Extreme Rules 2014, the clothes and THAT wave. Give me this run over The Rock and Chris Jericho last returns.

• Like 3

Watching their Payback match with the Rhodes Boys again, I realized that Rybaxel are Bebop and Rocksteady and it made me love them even more. I genuinely want them put in charge of the show for some reason, maybe there is a dumb tag tournament to run Raw for a night, just so they can sit at matching desks and demand a receptionist order them 500 jelly donuts.

• Like 1

I've always wondered what "putting over" actually means. Most wrestling fans are comic book, Star Wars, and other fans of other "nerdy" stuff by nature. But for whatever fucking reason, they can't figure that out that the top-top guy in wrestling never loses when it counts for the final time.

Cena's feuds tend to make people want to see more of the guy he is facing. I think that means more than rather if the guy lost or got "berried."

Watching their Payback match with the Rhodes Boys again, I realized that Rybaxel are Bebop and Rocksteady and it made me love them even more. I genuinely want them put in charge of the show for some reason, maybe there is a dumb tag tournament to run Raw for a night, just so they can sit at matching desks and demand a receptionist order them 500 jelly donuts.

I imagine Ryback yelling "BIG GUY...OUT!" every time he leaves any room anywhere.

• Like 1

Ask Jericho and Booker T about HHH putting over dudes.

I have nothing intelligent to add so I'll just throw out some snark because that's all I'm good for.

Point being is that he isn't the angel that Niners thinks he is.

And...what the hell where some of you thinking? Bray is suuuuuuuuuuuper evil and this is the WWE. Bray was never going to win this feud. There are so few feuds that a WWE heel actually wins unless that heel is the World Heavyweight Champion and is receiving a push. I also don't see how Bray is worse off. He and Cena went to war. I know many of us wanted Bray to win because Bray is pretty awesome, but it wasn't going to happen, regardless of how much Cena would be unscathed by a loss.

Who is the last Guy Cena really put over. Bryan's win over him was looked at as a fluke and the named the knee after John Cena.

Yeah, this is ridiculous. Cena put Bryan over huge and is still doing so - he made sure to mention the nearly year-old Summerslam match in his promo on RAW last night. The knee was named the way it was because it was such a huge deal that Bryan beat Cena cleanly.