DVDVR Message Board

Payback '14

Dolfan in NYC

Can we talk about shirtless Roman Reigns for a sec?

He's not quite as intimidating without the vest. He basically has a body type like one of the Usos. I like how after the match he quickly put the vest back on, like a fat kid getting out of the swimming pool and immediately reaching for his shirt.

When he went shirtless, so many girls/women around us acted like they were going to faint. It was really...bizarre. 

Cena tossing the steps was nasty, but I actually thought the nastiest spot of that match was Harper suplexing An Uso off the ropes and through a table on the outside of the ring.

In general, Luke Harper was a total lunatic in this match. 

Aye, Harper was. Luke Harper's one of my favourite WWE wrestlers this year with Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt, the Shield and Cesaro.

Luke Harper is the best total wrestler in the US today.  Hands down.  He has a character.  He has moves.  He has good matches. He is completely out of his mind.  He is a hoss. His shit looks legit.  He is scary.  He doesn't do promos, but why should he?  Luke Harper #1.

Actually, Luke does do promos. He's a great secondary promo guy who gets to say awesome stuff like, "You boys picked a beautiful hill to die on" and other stuff that just adds to his cult follower gimmick. His stuff against Ohno on NXT was really good, too. There's no need for him to command the stick because he's Bray's lackey and Bray's the best. But he's really good at heightening what Bray's saying and looking like a total monster.

Luke Harper, Best In The World is definitely something to consider.

• Like 1

He's not quite as intimidating without the vest. He basically has a body type like one of the Usos. I like how after the match he quickly put the vest back on, like a fat kid getting out of the swimming pool and immediately reaching for his shirt.

When he went shirtless, so many girls/women around us acted like they were going to faint. It was really...bizarre. 

People on this board acted like they fainted when Lana walked out with clothes on.  Imagine if she took her shirt off.

Additional live show thoughts...

The atmosphere was really, really fun all night long. Everything I expect from the area near the city I wish I could call home. People were really into just about every match. Every now and then you'd get some "Lets go Hawks!" chants, but mainly it was wrestler based.

First "Holy Shit!" chant came in the Big E vs Rusev match when Big E did his dive. The Putin pictures in Rusev's entrance got quite a few chuckles and Rusev had his own "Rusev Crush!" chant going.

Cesaro is primed for a superstar run. Weak finish aside, he had the crowd loving him all match long. Very pro-Cesaro, anti-Sheamus crowd. I actually didn't mind the finish much, as weak as it was. I mean, the swing isn't hurting you, it's disorienting you. It has to disorient Cesaro as well. So really, the only thing Sheamus should be capable of is a small package, which he surprised Cesaro with. 

The biggest surprise, to me, was how insanely over Bray is. Wow. I mean, Daniel Bryan received his top star reaction and everyone loves him, but nearly just as many people were loving Bray. When the Wyatt's appeared on screen and lights went out (which doesn't even come close to blacking out the building like it would for the Undertaker, but whatever) people went nuts. Definitely a cool entrance to see live. Awesome match too. The match was so good that I didn't even mind Cena winning...until Cena held up his "Never Give Up" wrist band. That was so cheesy and lame that it deserved to be crapped on.

I now feel like I should pay more attention to Paige given how much the crowd loved her. She's becoming something special in the Divas division.

And the main event. Good lord was Batista blue. I'm not sure how he looked on TV, but live, man, he looked odd. Anyway, what do you do with the Shield now? If Cena and DB trade back and forth for the 1A and 1B spots, the Shield, all three of them, have the number 2 spot locked up. They seem so unstoppable. Rollins' dive was something else too. Everyone was wondering where he was and then everyone was like, "he's on the Titantron!" Dude really needs to take it easy with these spots. That said, aside from the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long heat building segment, everyone ate up the Shield rolling through Evolution.

Oh, I don't know if it came across on TV, but the segment between Cody and Goldust was really touching. Everyone was waiting for the turn and instead Cody zigs when everyone expects him to zag. His "you need to find a better tag partner" really left a lot of us surprised and spawned a loud "NO!" chant. I think people were legit sad or felt bad. It says a lot for how well creative built up the Rhodes brothers, in spite of how much they dropped the ball with them as of late.

Dave Bautista ‏@DaveBautista  1h

6 guys go 2 war and beat the shit out of each other and what do the genius smarks walk away with?"Batista wore blue!What a loser!" #dipshits

He should be proud of the completely unforced, organic hashtag "Bluetista" getting the #1 trend worldwide. The announcers didn't even know how to react.

Over/Under on how many ribs he gets from HHH/Orton/the announcers on Raw: 3.5

Cena tossing the steps was nasty, but I actually thought the nastiest spot of that match was Harper suplexing An Uso off the ropes and through a table on the outside of the ring.

In general, Luke Harper was a total lunatic in this match. 

Aye, Harper was. Luke Harper's one of my favourite WWE wrestlers this year with Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt, the Shield and Cesaro.

Luke Harper is the best total wrestler in the US today.  Hands down.  He has a character.  He has moves.  He has good matches. He is completely out of his mind.  He is a hoss. His shit looks legit.  He is scary.  He doesn't do promos, but why should he?  Luke Harper #1.

Actually, Luke does do promos. He's a great secondary promo guy who gets to say awesome stuff like, "You boys picked a beautiful hill to die on" and other stuff that just adds to his cult follower gimmick. His stuff against Ohno on NXT was really good, too. There's no need for him to command the stick because he's Bray's lackey and Bray's the best. But he's really good at heightening what Bray's saying and looking like a total monster.

Luke Harper, Best In The World is definitely something to consider.

Harper is really good when he does get mic time. I love when he does the creepy whistling. I really wish he would do the "yeah yeah yeah" Gator Roll thing but I guess it was getting him face pops so he dropped it.

How should Bryan have stepped up to Stephanie more? Brie was given the heat because they (very very rightly) don't want man-on-woman violence on their programming.

I'm on the fence on this. On the one hand, a slap feels like a weaksauce comeuppance, but on the other hand, I don't wanna go all ECW-crowd on this, and it's not like I want to see Steph in a match or anything.

I guess I'm the only one that liked Batista changing up his gear? Anything that prevents more guys wearing shiny black trunks.

Except this is the opposite. Everyone's gonna see the roasting he gets for looking ridiculous, and say "nope. Black trunks are the way to go."

Yeah, girls/women...

Shifty_eyes.gif

How should Bryan have stepped up to Stephanie more? Brie was given the heat because they (very very rightly) don't want man-on-woman violence on their programming.

I'm on the fence on this. On the one hand, a slap feels like a weaksauce comeuppance, but on the other hand, I don't wanna go all ECW-crowd on this, and it's not like I want to see Steph in a match or anything.

I guess I'm the only one that liked Batista changing up his gear? Anything that prevents more guys wearing shiny black trunks.

Except this is the opposite. Everyone's gonna see the roasting he gets for looking ridiculous, and say "nope. Black trunks are the way to go."

Except it wasn't the tights, it was the diabetes compression socks and the compression sleeves my starbucks barista wears to cover up his tattoos.

Wait a minute are people making an argument for roid use on this board.  I mean people are complaining that Roman Reigns has that Rock Scorpion King.  Would you rather have him look like the Rock in the last 3 years all gassed to the gills and blown up 5 minutes into a match?    Roman was never a big guy from the few times I saw him in FCW

It isn't like women are looking at him and going "uh he is so small I can't get into him".   As long has doesn't develop a Bo Dallas physique and keeps using that barry white voice in his promos, he won't have problems getting over

Man, fuck that crowd.

The midget match was disappointing. It was the same length as the others, but it just felt like it took for-fucking-ever to get it over with.

I thought it was smart to open with the US title match. But it was weird that a smarky crowd was more into Sheamus than Cesaro. Sheamus looked oodles and oodles better than Cesaro.

Cody Rhodes is awful. The tag match with those jokers wasn't bad, but unless you were a fan of someone in it, you probably didn't care.

Lol @ at them being Big E. to be the one babyface on the roster to do run ins to look like total idiots. Makes me wonder what Miz is gonna do now.

I think Wade and RVD's styles match up well. But RVD is soooo slow and old, it comes across as uninspiring. I don't know if having everyone calling RVD old, but having something to prove while looking old and gassed is the best thing to do..

LMS was odd. It sounded like there was a Let's Go Cena/CM Punk dueling chant at the beginning. Someone said it was the usual dueling Cena chants. But goddamn it, whatever it was, that crowd did more to bury Wyatt than anything the booking up to that point. Wyatt got literally buried. The last guy Cena did that too.. Yeah.

Divas match felt shorter than it was. Alicia, plz hire a better weavologist.

The main started off hot, then became a polite 6 man tag match, then like someone playing super easy on a new wrestling video game trying out the controls and moves, then it got hot again. Boring.

What a horrible shitty post.

• Like 5

Wait a minute are people making an argument for roid use on this board.  I mean people are complaining that Roman Reigns has that Rock Scorpion King.  Would you rather have him look like the Rock in the last 3 years all gassed to the gills and blown up 5 minutes into a match?    Roman was never a big guy from the few times I saw him in FCW

It isn't like women are looking at him and going "uh he is so small I can't get into him".   As long has doesn't develop a Bo Dallas physique and keeps using that barry white voice in his promos, he won't have problems getting over

No one is complaining people just noticed that Reigns looks more impressive with the Shield gear. No one is advocating for Reigns to gas up, it's not needed. Also Rock's problems had more to with ring rust and lack of cardio training. Cena and others have no problem using and being good in the ring.

Ok I'm putting this here now...on Raw I want a backstage segment where Steph walks by Nikkie and says 'I thought you quite' and Nikkie starts to talk but Steph just walks over. Then rinse and repeat for a few weeks.

It ends with this:

Steph: I thought you-*Nikki points at her chest*-never mind.

That Brie segment fucking sucked, you guys.

You quit your job and all you do is slap the boss?

She should have like grabbed both belts and smacked them together on her head like she was Jax from Mortal Kombat 2 or some shit

or at least like beat the fuck out of her