DVDVR Message Board

JUNE ANIMATED GIF THREAD

tumblr_n1rtu0N50a1rrnt9go2_400.gif

The McMahon-backed whale breaches in its breeding season off the coast of Hawaii.

Here's some stuff I giffed semi-recently.

EDc9tYR.gif

ibslu2TttDBV5u.gif

The Tyler Breeze thing reminds me of the credits from Bambi meets Godzilla.  needs "Produced by Tyler Breeze.  Tyler Breeze produced by Mr. and Mrs. Tyler Breeze"

Is that Poison Sawada JULIE using his jakai powers or has Dino gained those powers?

• Like 1

That's Antonio Honda using them on Sanshiro Takagi. Everyone in the match had taken JULIE's potion to be turned into snake minions to try and defeat Takagi and take away the Iron Man belt which he was threatening to retire without it getting its 1000th champion(He was 999th). Incidentally, the belt itself ended up being the 1000th champion and Jun Akiyama was the 1001st, but lost it back to whomever recently.

The match featuring that Muta bump also has probably my favorite thing Lex Luger ever did as he became the first (only?) person in history to think of "Just cover up your face" when Muta spit the mist at him.

• Like 1

Great stuff, can I ask what you used to make the gifs?

I use Gifcam to make the initial gif (easy to use and good for capturing stuff but, again, imprecise), then optimize it with an old version of Adobe Imageready (this is the separate program they had before they integrated all the giffing / animation options into Photoshop).

• Like 1

My favorite bump of the night from the ROH PPV. (Spoiler'd for those who haven't seen it yet)

ShyFirstBrahmanbull.gif

So dude doesn't want to walk when he's 40.  Awesome.

I find that getting older gives me a greater distaste for fucking stupid bumps.

• Like 2

The match featuring that Muta bump also has probably my favorite thing Lex Luger ever did as he became the first (only?) person in history to think of "Just cover up your face" when Muta spit the mist at him.

Reminds me of Randy Savage vs. Killer Khan in '87.  Khan went to blow the mist, and Savage just moved out of the way.  Killed Khan's gimmick dead, of course, but it was a great spot.

I think I've seen a variation where the guy fakes the mist and the guy goes for a block and then is misted when he stops blocking.

My favorite bump of the night from the ROH PPV. (Spoiler'd for those who haven't seen it yet)

ShyFirstBrahmanbull.gif

40? I'd be surprise if that guy isn't feeling that shit today.

ShyFirstBrahmanbull.gif

Seems to me that his legs bouncing off the ropes absorbed most of it.

Yeah on a scale of 1 to Foley I'd say that is about a 5 1/2 based on impact.  It looks like he protected himself pretty well and he is even looking to make sure he knows where the impact is coming.  That glorious Muta bump is probably 10 times worse as far as actual impact goes.

Yeah on a scale of 1 to Foley I'd say that is about a 5 1/2 based on impact.  It looks like he protected himself pretty well and he is even looking to make sure he knows where the impact is coming.  That glorious Muta bump is probably 10 times worse as far as actual impact goes.

Which is why Muta's knees are known to be pixie stixs.  

And Steamboat's career was ended via hitting his back on the ring apron in what looked like little impact.

Which is why Muta's knees are known to be pixie stixs.  

And Steamboat's career was ended via hitting his back on the ring apron in what looked like little impact.

Yeah, he probably shouldn't do that every week, but on the biggest show of the year why not?  Sometimes you take some extra risks for the bigger shows.  There will probably be 5-10 bigger bumps on Raw tonight, it's just a part of wrestling. 

What is more essential to wrestling, crazy bumps or crazy people?

Same.  Even watching guys I've worked with, I have gone from "Shit, that was a sick bump" to "Dude, you've only got two knees, protect them."

I didn't do jack shit bumping in my career and I feel daily like I got ran over by a car.  I can't imagine what they're gonna be feeling like.

Yeah, he probably shouldn't do that every week, but on the biggest show of the year why not?  Sometimes you take some extra risks for the bigger shows.  There will probably be 5-10 bigger bumps on Raw tonight, it's just a part of wrestling. 

What is more essential to wrestling, crazy bumps or crazy people?

Crazy people draw money.  Crazy bumps don't.

• Like 1

ShyFirstBrahmanbull.gif

Seems to me that his legs bouncing off the ropes absorbed most of it.

It looks like he hit his assbone to me. Which really, really sucks if you do it by accident. I don't know why anyone would want to do it on purpose.

I always thought it was that tailbone-first landing in the ring that caused the injury, and that the apron spot was just when it became real obvious he was hurt, no?

I always thought it was that tailbone-first landing in the ring that caused the injury, and that the apron spot was just when it became real obvious he was hurt, no?

Looking at the match, yeah, it was the landing on his ass off the second rope that did some damage, and he's favoring it the rest of the match, although he worked it fine doing power spots afterwards until the skin-the-cat spot, where it was all over and Austin had to assist in the spot and immediatly go home.

So yeah, two simple routine bumps on a big-ish show ended his career.