DVDVR Message Board

JUNE ANIMATED GIF THREAD

Oh, I must know who that is.  Those are some awesome moves.  The second gif looked like it hurt with him hitting the side of the ring.  Ouch.

EDIT:  Forgive me, didn't pay much attention to 90s Japan.

20ibgc9.jpg

Holy fuck, that might the best worked punch I've ever seen. Doc barely grazed him and Kobashi sold it like nuclear death.

Reminds me of an old Lance Storm blog post "The Greatest Punch"

I was first introduced to Dr. Death’s amazing punch before the match even started and I’ve never forgotten it. We were in the locker room going over the match and what we might do and while talking through it Steve got to a point where he said he might throw a punch during this one spot and while he said it, he threw the punch. I wasn’t expecting him to physically throw the punch and it came at me so hard and so fast and made such a loud crack when it hit that it scared the hell out of me. What amazed me even more than the speed and crispness of this punch was that it landed on my jaw with about the same impact as my daughter flicking me with her finger. I was frozen in my tracks dumb founded at what was without a doubt the greatest worked punch I’ve ever witnessed.

During the match we battled on the floor and it was at this point that Dr. Death unleashed his vicious punch. I sold it huge knowing the perceived force behind it and the crowd response was amazing. The punch and the sell was so good that I had several of the boys come up to me after the match to make sure I was okay and prepared to get hot on my behave over Steve Williams working so stiff with me. His punch was so good he didn’t just fool the crowd he fooled 10 and 20-year veterans of this business, who though he was punching me so hard they were getting hot. Now that’s talent and without a doubt the greatest punch I’ve ever had the pleasure of getting hit with.

• Like 10