DVDVR Message Board

JUNE PHOTO THREAD

HIGHER quality?! I didn't have the money for your la di da Jeff Lynch tapes, I bought my tapes 4th generation on eBay from guys with names like SabuRVD420.

...and now I am exposed for my lack of wrestling tape trading back in the day. Was too busy trading metal tapes (last of a generation, at least I can take pride in that). 

So, Dick Togo led me to Kaientai DX which led me to Wally Yamaguchi which led me to Akira Hokuto. 

rudepx3.jpg

which led me to this, courtesy of our own FLIK 

and Akira Hokuto was in "He Said, She Said" with Kevin Bacon!

• Like 2

Was talking about this in another forum, so might as well post the pics here too. Here are some of my favorite ring attires of all time:

Anything from HBK starting around 1996 looked awesome, specially when the hearts in his tights were slightly raised. The striped ones were some of my favorites.

photo1_large.jpg

Always loved Bret's all black attire, specially when he starting using the updated bigger Hitman logo in mid 1997.

Bret%20Hart%20num1.jpg

As a kid, no one looked cooler than Bret or Shawn in my eyes.

Some other great ones that come to mind:

Owen's King of Harts, just like Bret, pink and black simply looked great.

1f880f09fa295b06651898bba14820f1.jpg

Punk's had some great designs, his GOAT was the GI Joe one from Wrestlemania 26, overall his best look ever.

punk.jpg

Savage's one from WM 7 always sticks out in my mind, very classy and just perfect for his face turn.

6965MachoMan4.jpg

Jericho's had some great designs over the years, way too many to mention. Always liked his Lionheart ones from his glorious heel run in WCW.

Y2JWM19.jpg

Always liked most of the stuff the MCMG and specially Alex Shelley has worn, i love tights full of crazy designs and details. Same with some of the ones wore by Evan Bourne.

mcmg.jpg

28jk7c3.jpg
  • Like 2

NICK BOCKWINKEL: "I'D RATHER BE NUDE ON THE COVER OF AN APTER MAG!"

HARLEY RACE: "I'VE BEEN NUDE FOR BILL APTER"

BOB BACKLUND: "I'M STILL SCARED TO BE NUDE IN PRIVATE, MUCH LESS ANYWHERE NEAR BILL APTER"

• Like 2

Quite the subtle burial of Backlund there too.

"I'D RATHER BLEED TO DEATH THAN LOSE MY BELT!"

"I'VE BLED FOR MY BELT!"

"I'm scared by the sight of my own blood!"

• Like 2

"Now, Brisco is a young punk with long hair" only killed me with laughter slightly less than Hoffman's post above. Along with "Maximilianovich" and smiling young Gordon. I would love to know A. who was the ghostwriter for these Florida papers, and B. what the Brass Knuckles Title in Florida entailed match-wise.