DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown spoilers, 26th July 2013.

The Natural

I really think they turned the wrong guy.  Nothing about Ziggler screams good guy to me.

If they would've had Langston successfully holding onto the title as a sub for Ziggler only for Ziggler to instantly lose it upon his return while putting the blame on Langston then Big E would've come off as a babyface to the people cause he had been out there doing what Ziggler couldn't.  And they'd still be in relatively the same place but with Langston/Kaitlyn vs. Ziggler/Lee and it'd be in a storyline where the former World Champion wasn't just playing second fiddle in a Diva feud.

My favorite part was Dolph's nonchalant "Hey babe? Look out" right before Kaitlyn speared her.

Babyface for the win (at least in my book).

Considering his won/loss record, Dolph will take any sort of win he can get.

You have won this round He-Man! But I'll be BACK!

I really think they turned the wrong guy.  Nothing about Ziggler screams good guy to me.

If they would've had Langston successfully holding onto the title as a sub for Ziggler only for Ziggler to instantly lose it upon his return while putting the blame on Langston then Big E would've come off as a babyface to the people cause he had been out there doing what Ziggler couldn't.  And they'd still be in relatively the same place but with Langston/Kaitlyn vs. Ziggler/Lee and it'd be in a storyline where the former World Champion wasn't just playing second fiddle in a Diva feud.

WWE knew Dolph was getting huge cheers at Payback and MITB regardless. They had more of an idea that Ziggler could go face right now. Big E can, but a little down the line.

I liked AJ/Dolph a lot, too.  I'm 35. I still have a few single friends. There's slim pickings among people in our age group. My friends have had to date younger. This looked a lot like when a 36-year-old accountant breaks up with a 22-year-old barista.

• Like 2