DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I actually carry a pager periodically, but it's an on call at work pager.  Last year when I was interviewing for my current job my boss laughed at me when I told him I still had a flip phone.  I finally got a smartphone in October, mainly because we get discounts on voice/data plans.

No, just hearing its your opinion should be enough to settle any and all discussion. No one wants anyone to back those things up, amirite?

Still waiting on you to tell me just what Ryder does that's so amazing. Don't leave me hanging!

Of course you are. You're still pretending the argument is "Ryder is amazing vs Ryder is terrible" when it was repeatedly explained to you that it's not.

You seem to think that it's enough to get over. It's not. Ryback was over, too. You also need to prove you're good enough to justify a sustained push. Ryder is good enough to be a JTTS, not much else.

And don't give me that "they didn't give him a chance" crap. He's been in the company since 2007.

You seem to think that it's enough to get over. It's not. Ryback was over, too.

And Ryback main-evented multiple PPVs. He got a shot to translate being over into something long-term, and he failed. He was turned heel and put against Cena, again in a PPV main event, and he failed. He got a chance and failed.

Are you seriously pretending Ryder got that chance?

And don't give me that "they didn't give him a chance" crap. He's been in the company since 2007.

Yes, apparently you are seriously pretending Ryder got that chance. So now "being employed" is apparently the same thing as main-eventing PPVs. Ok.

How long do you think they need to give a guy before they realize he isn't very good? You really think they can't figure that out in a match or two? You think they don't know PRECISELY what to look for in guys they want to push and how to recognize it?

How long do you think they need to give a guy before they realize he isn't very good? You really think they can't figure that out in a match or two? You think they don't know PRECISELY what to look for in guys they want to push and how to recognize it?

Yes, I think they absolutely know PRECISELY what they're looking for in guys. And if they don't see it in someone, he'll get little or nothing, meaning that all that stuff about going out into social media and engaging the fans and trying to build something outside of the box was just crap to keep the myth of the self-made superstar alive.

Which was the point in the first place, but I'm glad you finally came around!

Yeah good call by TNA not hiring Iveilsse. Last thing they would want is one of them girls who can rassle and might get over.

A shame both TNA and WWE missed out. She could've/should've been a total star for either one.. she's been awesome on the indys ever since.

Yeah good call by TNA not hiring Iveilsse. Last thing they would want is one of them girls who can rassle and might get over.

A shame both TNA and WWE missed out. She could've/should've been a total star for either one.. she's been awesome on the indys ever since.

I don't know anything about alleged attitude issues, but it's like she's smoking hot and can actually wrestle. That's a rare one-two combo you'd be stupid to pass up on.

• Like 1

Wow, been away for three days and never thought that Curtis Hawkins quote would lead to nearly 10 pages of Ryder talk. My thoughts on him are pretty much exemplified by Cristobal quote:

The "lol Ryder sux" crowd is missing the damn point. He went outside the box to create something for himself, which is exactly what everyone from Vince to Austin have been saying is what you need to do. If he'd gotten some kind of a chance, and just screwed it up, well so be it. But since he never got that chance, it's a hugely demotivating force to people in the locker room.

I don't give a shit about quarterlies or ratings, I'm not a statician I just want to be entertained. And he was entertaining. WOOWOOWOO was massively over until he changed it into this serious woo.woo.woo thing. He's a character that should have at least been put in the Santino position in some way, I'm not saying pushed to the stars coz he's not that type of wrestler but he should have been featured A LOT more in the loveable goof role as opposed to what happened to him with this bizarre US title run/odd Kane storyline then dropping off TV

Ricky Steamboat beating Ric Flair at Chi-Town Rumble is a direct result of J.J. Dillon leaving the NWA. Dillon would have had a plan to double-team Steamboat as soon as Tommy Young was knocked out. Hiro Matsuda just stood there and watched his guy get beat. 

This made me lol, whether that was your intention or not I'm not sure

• Like 2

These gotta be the 2 most interesting names they've signed in awhile. I'm particularly interested to see how they handle KENTA. What they call him, how his moveset looks. I wonder if he's just been studying English like crazy lately.

Devitt is much easier for them to wrap their heads around. If they asked me Devitt and Neville would be brought up as a tag team.

Shit I'm going with Terry vs. Gypsy Joe. Then again they might end up putting each other in hospice. Vs. Kojika would be funny for Terry comically overselling the Great one's comically bad offense. 

Devitt/KENTA as international invader tag team? Putting the slash between them immediately made me think that.

Heyman should bring in KENTA as the man that Punk stole his moveset from, then bring up Graves and team them up. "This one's got his moves, this one's got his look - can you people stop chanting now?"

• Like 1