DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

So is anybody on this board from the New York area going to the TNA Tapings at the Manhattan Center, later this month?

I've given it some thought....just to get there early and take a picture of the empty arena so people can freak out about attendance numbers.  No way I would sit through a 2 or 3 hour taping of that shit.  

• Like 2

As long as nobody is humming Natural Born Killaz I think we will be okay.

I do when I throw my garbage out or rummage thru video game systems.

I do, when I hit people in the head with shit. And I hum it all the way to the end.

THE PITFALLS OF SETTING UP POLAND'S FIRST PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING FEDERATION

It’s quite an American form of entertainment. How did the Poles take it?

I'm not sure Polish people understand what pro wrestling is. Their history is full of wars; they were always engaged in a battle with someone—so the very idea of fighting, even for sport, is a very serious deal to them. In general, as a nation, they are very serious. Americans can chill out a bit. We understand that this is just entertainment. It’s still a sport, as everything that happens in the ring hurts quite a lot, but it’s strictly for the enjoyment of the audience.

Do you remember any particular fights or anecdotes?

Yes, during one of the fights I got hit on the head with a chair and started bleeding profusely. I fell out of the ring, and there was a little boy sitting in the first row. He was sure that my cut was fake—he told his friends “It’s just ketchup!” and stuck his finger in my wound and put it in his mouth.

Holy shit.

Yeah, he literally turned green.

Thanks for that link, man. I haven't read it yet (but I will). But it does sound like a fascinating article.

Confession: Whenever I walk down stairs, I play the Shield theme in my head.

I need to grow up :(

I'm 38 and I do the exact same thing. 

I've been guilty of it.

Do you guys spell your name out phonetically before you start walking?  Otherwise, that's just stupid.

BRAVO, ECHO, NOVEMBER.  BEN!

do-do do-do do-do DOOT DOOT

• Like 3

We might have to redo the most handsome man in wrestling poll on here a few years ago.

I'm in a new relationship. She's now the third girl I've dated that is a wrestling fan (lucky?). But she basically had the same opinions that the other two had. The names Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Brian Pillman and Randy Orton are always brought up. Not a single vote for Rude.

I showed her a picture of Rick. Her response: "Eew."

i still randomly do Hall's little strut

I very often walk into work doing the Razor entrance, the sideways hand deal like you're sliding in.

Only one person has ever called me on it. He wound up a groomsman at my wedding.

• Like 1

if you haven't strutted down the street bobbing your neck like a goof to The Rock's song playing in your head, then you should try it.  You will grow two inches purely from posture correction.

It's not quite as good as "Stayin' Alive" which I have actually used in my mind to, like, prep for walking into an interview.

I've also used this: