DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The divas division suddenly got really good after AJ retired. Ewing Theory in full effect.

The Knicks were terrible after Ewing retired.

Listen, they made the Finals with him on the sidelines in a suit. I guess that's why it's called the Ewing Theory but fuck if I know how it was originated. *shrug*

Bill Simmons, before Boston teams started winning and he became mostly insufferable.

Nothing like seeing a show outdoors where people in townhouses can just sit on their roof and watch it.

That sounds awesome.

And they are running Adam Rose vs the Miz at shows this weekend. Can't think of two more annoying guys to be paired off with tbh

As an aside, I heard William Regal say that WWE hired him without even seeing him in the ring and based solely on his promos... which is pretty nuts

Do you by any chance remember where he said this? I love Regal interviews and I don't think I've heard that one.

What are some of Dean Ambrose's best work pre-WWE? As an aside, I heard William Regal say that WWE hired him without even seeing him in the ring and based solely on his promos... which is pretty nuts

Oh, and if FCW counts, watch any match he had with Seth Rollins and the two Regal matches.

• Like 1

SICW's been bringing in the old-school special guests lately: Jim Cornette last month, Ted Dibiase at tonight's show, and Ox Baker at the July show. They had to postpone Bobby Heenan's appearance since he hurt his arm, but hopefully they'll be able to bring him in later in the year.

Fuckin' Ox Baker is coming here???? Yes!!!

how much do you have to pay for Ox to give you the Heart Punch?

SICW's been bringing in the old-school special guests lately: Jim Cornette last month, Ted Dibiase at tonight's show, and Ox Baker at the July show. They had to postpone Bobby Heenan's appearance since he hurt his arm, but hopefully they'll be able to bring him in later in the year.

Fuckin' Ox Baker is coming here???? Yes!!!

how much do you have to pay for Ox to give you the Heart Punch?

I can only assume you pay with your life.

• Like 3

What are some of Dean Ambrose's best work pre-WWE? As an aside, I heard William Regal say that WWE hired him without even seeing him in the ring and based solely on his promos... which is pretty nuts

His most famous one I think is the street fight with Jimmy Jacobs from I believe 2009.  He had a really solid match with Naruki Doi at the DGUSA show in North Carolina in 2011.  I can't think of much else.  What I took away from alot of his stuff is that he reminded me of Tracy Smothers in how he sold and moved about the ring.

I have my doubts about the Regal quote concerning Ambrose, considering he worked dark matches for WWE and hot feedback from road agents before his first trip to Puerto Rico, which was at least 4 or 5 years ago now. He also trained with Les Thatcher, who at that point was still a guy whose students were looked at pretty closely.

I have my doubts about the Regal quote concerning Ambrose, considering he worked dark matches for WWE and hot feedback from road agents before his first trip to Puerto Rico, which was at least 4 or 5 years ago now. He also trained with Les Thatcher, who at that point was still a guy whose students were looked at pretty closely.

Maybe Regal just meant Vince, Triple H and Stephanie. I could buy them not watching the dark matches.

Nothing like seeing a show outdoors where people in townhouses can just sit on their roof and watch it.

That sounds awesome.

And they are running Adam Rose vs the Miz at shows this weekend. Can't think of two more annoying guys to be paired off with tbh

Who's working as the heel in that match? I know they want Miz to be a face cause he's got a movie coming out,

Plus they've just given Rose the "pair face with celebrity" push on Monday, when he danced with that bloke I've never heard of.

Also, I'm sure Ted DiBiase was a heel when Marine 2 came out, so I'm sure they couldn't give a shit about the fourth installment.

By the way to further add to the Jon Stewart loves wrestling trope, he debuted a new segment where they talk about bizarre laws this past Thursday, it was initially titled 'Jon Stewart Delves Into Your Briefs', then 'Jon Stewart Barely Legal', then 'Jon Stewart Pulls Down Your Pants and Touches Your Penis' and, finally, in its final form 'Thursday Night Raw' complete with touched-up WWE RAW logo.

• Like 1

By the way to further add to the Jon Stewart loves wrestling trope, he debuted a new segment where they talk about bizarre laws this past Thursday, it was initially titled 'Jon Stewart Delves Into Your Briefs', then 'Jon Stewart Barely Legal', then 'Jon Stewart Pulls Down Your Pants and Touches Your Penis' and, finally, in its final form 'Thursday Night Raw' complete with touched-up WWE RAW logo.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/u2ckx6/thursday-night-law

• Like 1