DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

And what was the common demonitator in both situations? I wonder who that could be

The WWE Title?
I like to bash Triple H as much as the next guy but hasnt he been public about how vocal he was not to go after Rock/Hogan? Both him and Jericho have been saying for years that the fought it until the 11th hour.

There was a clip on botchamania I think that showed him saying the title match should've gone last in one interview and then immediately after showing a clip from another interview where he said the exact opposite.

What am I gonna do, go on last, like it's just something to do?  I got more sense than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0w099fw4lw

So last year when Swagger supposedly cost himself a title win at Wrestlemania with his DUI, if he had won the belt at WM29 what was Ziggler going to do with MITB? Was Del Rio to win it back on Raw and then Ziggler cash in?

Highest possible recommendation for OMEGA Chaos in Cameron. I watched the whole show over the weekend and aside from the womens match, this is on par with any ROH or PWG show in recent years. Lots of young, hungry guys in NC indies these days, and for once they are starting to get some exposure. CW Anderson looked awesome too. Main event is pretty incredible for 2014 Hardys. The crowd helped of course but seeing a **** in a NC HS gym on a non-ROH or PWG show is pretty rare. On paper I was fearing this match was going to be overbooked, but aside from the fact that I would have cut maybe 5 minutes and had some of the plot twists occur a bit closer together, this was just an epic battle.

Go get this show at full price, definitely worth it!

• Like 2

Highest possible recommendation for OMEGA Chaos in Cameron. I watched the whole show over the weekend and aside from the womens match, this is on par with any ROH or PWG show in recent years. Lots of young, hungry guys in NC indies these days, and for once they are starting to get some exposure. CW Anderson looked awesome too. Main event is pretty incredible for 2014 Hardys. The crowd helped of course but seeing a **** in a NC HS gym on a non-ROH or PWG show is pretty rare. On paper I was fearing this match was going to be overbooked, but aside from the fact that I would have cut maybe 5 minutes and had some of the plot twists occur a bit closer together, this was just an epic battle.

Thanks for this.  I've been on the fence about it.

Thanks for this.  I've been on the fence about it.

It was a blast working on this show too.  Hottest crowd I've ever seen for a show I did.  I agree that everything was very solid-great.

Indy shows for the St. Louis area for June:

Friday 6/6 + Saturday 6/7:  ROH in Carbondale and Collinsville.

Saturday 6/14:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling at Stratford Inn in Fenton, MO; MMWA at South Broadway in St. Louis
Saturday 6/21:  SICW in East Carondelet with Ted DiBiase appearing; they had said Bobby Heenan's appearance was pushed back to this show, but all the "guest appearance" focus has been on DiBiase so I'm wondering whether he'll be there

Saturday 6/28:  Dynamo at the Sports Academy in Glen Carbon, IL; WLW at their new training center in Troy, Missouri

What angles out there do people typically shit on that you personally love?

I ask only because I liked Undertaker vs. Undertaker when I was eleven, and I still like it now. 

I thought the build to Undertaker vs Underfaker was pretty good, actually.  It's just that the match itself was buttcheeks.  I loved the callback to Ted being the one to originally bring in Undertaker, and it being believable that he got him to turn.

• Like 2

Dave Bautista ‏@DaveBautista  25m

6 guys go 2 war and beat the shit out of each other and what do the genius smarks walk away with?"Batista wore blue!What a loser!" #dipshits
  • Like 8

Dave Bautista ‏@DaveBautista  25m

6 guys go 2 war and beat the shit out of each other and what do the genius smarks walk away with?"Batista wore blue!What a loser!" #dipshits

5 guys go 2 war and beat the shit out of each other while one guy leans on a barricade and says "Get him, Randy" and what do the genius smarks walk away with?  A bunch of Luke Harper merch. #ClothesB4Bros!

• Like 5

I ask only because I liked Undertaker vs. Undertaker when I was eleven, and I still like it now. 

I like heel JR and fake Razor/Diesel. Kind of dig Corny's NWA invasion, too.

• Like 3

I like heel JR and fake Razor/Diesel. Kind of dig Corny's NWA invasion, too.

For whatever reason I don't remember much of Nise Razor and Diesel outside of Memphis, but heel JR was great.  Likewise the NWA invasion was cool, for the RRX as heels managed by Cornette if nothing else.

I have never revisited it but I liked a lot of the NWA invasion also, except for Aztec Warrior Jeff Jarrett. I don't know what it is about Jarrett but I've never found him interesting, I know he's a good wrestler but there's something about him that I just can't be interested by him. Over time my feelings have been solidified like when I bought a TNA weekly ppv to see him drop the belt to Raven and instead am treated to him overcoming odds that Hogan or Cena would find excessive but back during the NWA invasion he was a guy that probably wouldn't be bad but there was probably something more interesting to watch for me.

I have never revisited it but I liked a lot of the NWA invasion also, except for Aztec Warrior Jeff Jarrett. I don't know what it is about Jarrett but I've never found him interesting, I know he's a good wrestler but there's something about him that I just can't be interested by him. Over time my feelings have been solidified like when I bought a TNA weekly ppv to see him drop the belt to Raven and instead am treated to him overcoming odds that Hogan or Cena would find excessive but back during the NWA invasion he was a guy that probably wouldn't be bad but there was probably something more interesting to watch for me.

MMA Jarrett was the ONLY time in his entire career that i've been entertained by him and actually looked forward to his segments.

I liked all the corporation/ministry/corporate ministry stuff. Sometimes you just need a good comedy angle played straight. After all that stuff dried up, Taker went into sort of a proto-Bikertaker gimmick for the Summer of 99 that was absolutely hilarious before an untimely injury.