DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I don't want to dig too deep into this but the Linda "I support Obama" stuff only came about when the polls leading up to the election said she was a good ten points or so behind. It was a last ditch effort to gain some support. Anyone who lives in CT knew she didn't have a shot in hell in either race...  I guess except the delusional McMahon family.

I assumed everyone knew this and that's why posting it would be funny.

• Like 1

Interesting notion here from Max Landis, that WWE RAW is the unique among contemporary show to function like THE MUPPET SHOW where you see both the sketches (matches) and the backstage chaos around them but with a few (very few but powerful) moments of intense drama thrown in.

He also starts to complain Nexus, which is funny because he may as well be posting here, and because his co-host is just lost then so he gives up.  I think Dolph Ziggler is in there too?  Like this is excerpted from an interview with him.

• Like 1

If Raw is The Muppet Show, then what is Impact?

via: Grainy cell phone photo of a show posted to twitter:

55771672_640.jpg

note: It's not fair to use pictures from before everyone is there?  Wait, this was during the main?  Nevermind.

• Like 2

The divas division suddenly got really good after AJ retired. Ewing Theory in full effect.

The Knicks were terrible after Ewing retired.

Listen, they made the Finals with him on the sidelines in a suit. I guess that's why it's called the Ewing Theory but fuck if I know how it was originated. *shrug*

Can someone explain what happened with Sasuke? Because according to that one recent MPro show on DM he's joined the Brahman Bros now but I couldn't make sense of the pre-match video. Is there mind control involved? I'm assuming this is all fallout from his annual Great Space War clusterfuck.

It is something spun out of that whole thing at the end of last year. I'm not quite sure what the storyline is, but he's like their messiah or something.

The divas division suddenly got really good after AJ retired. Ewing Theory in full effect.

The Knicks were terrible after Ewing retired.

Listen, they made the Finals with him on the sidelines in a suit. I guess that's why it's called the Ewing Theory but fuck if I know how it was originated. *shrug*

WHY IS PATRICK EWING IN A SUIT?

• Like 2

Went to MCW last night.  Nothing like seeing a show outdoors where people in townhouses can just sit on their roof and watch it.  And Ruckus doing his entrance with the priest looking not pleased led to unintentional comedy (lot is owned by the church)  Also for whatever reason the guy who freaked out huge after Taker lost at WM30 was there.  The main people there were Rikishi, Christopher Daniels and Matt Hardy with Reba Sky.

Rikishi has been doing MCW for a bit and he's still not too bad nowadays.  He's teaming with another Samoan wrestler and the people love them.  Daniels teamed with this Greek guy named Papadon.  The whole point of Papadon was to shamelessly appeal to the crowd in Greektown, and it didn't get over.  Decent match, Daniels didn't do much aside from the BME.  And Hardy is the MCW champ and was in the main event.  Surprisingly good match with a lot of near falls.  He was total good guy doing his Version 1 schtick.  But there was still that one ROH guy talking all kinds of shit to him.  So after the match he was saying more stuff and Hardy just said "Thanks for buying a ticket" and sarcastically waving.  I don't care for Hardy, but he's pretty good at fucking with those that hate him.

All in all it was a good time.  I just love that I could walk two minutes from my place to get there, so that makes it even better.

SICW's been bringing in the old-school special guests lately:  Jim Cornette last month, Ted Dibiase at tonight's show, and Ox Baker at the July show.  They had to postpone Bobby Heenan's appearance since he hurt his arm, but hopefully they'll be able to bring him in later in the year.

SICW's been bringing in the old-school special guests lately: Jim Cornette last month, Ted Dibiase at tonight's show, and Ox Baker at the July show. They had to postpone Bobby Heenan's appearance since he hurt his arm, but hopefully they'll be able to bring him in later in the year.

Fuckin' Ox Baker is coming here???? Yes!!!