DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

What did Kathy Griffin say about JBL?

Yesterday morning on the Howard Stern show, comedian Kathy Griffin was a guest and talked about a trip she took recently to Afghanistan to entertain the troops over there. In mentioning the others on the trip, she referred to "some guy named Bradshaw" who she described as an overweight, dumb wrestler. When Howard asked why she thought he was dumb, she mentioned that he said he was from the great country of Texas and referred to Saddam Hussein as the President of Afghanistan. She basically thought Bradshaw was a big goof who just did a bunch of ra-ra speeches to get the troops pumped up. She really came off as an arrogant loser who didn't even realize she was putting herself down by saying everyone on the trip was a "D-rated actor".

I guess whoever wrote that doesn't know that she had a show called My Life on the D-List.

I wanna know what she said about JBL, too!

BTW, trying to google the info was a waste as I just ended up with footage of Griffin's standup (*Shudder*) but I did come across this tidbit which sounds unbelievably hilarious.

From his wikipedia page detailing his entrance themes

Entrance themes

Oh man, I really, really want to see JBL coming out to 'Cotton Eye Joe' now.

Nevermind that. I want to see him come out to Born In The USA. I hope he wore that big American flag jacket like he did when he was US Champion.

I don't want to dig too deep into this but the Linda "I support Obama" stuff only came about when the polls leading up to the election said she was a good ten points or so behind. It was a last ditch effort to gain some support. Anyone who lives in CT knew she didn't have a shot in hell in either race...  I guess except the delusional McMahon family.

I don't want to dig too deep into this but the Linda "I support Obama" stuff only came about when the polls leading up to the election said she was a good ten points or so behind. It was a last ditch effort to gain some support. Anyone who lives in CT knew she didn't have a shot in hell in either race...  I guess except the delusional McMahon family.

I assumed everyone knew this and that's why posting it would be funny.

• Like 1

Interesting notion here from Max Landis, that WWE RAW is the unique among contemporary show to function like THE MUPPET SHOW where you see both the sketches (matches) and the backstage chaos around them but with a few (very few but powerful) moments of intense drama thrown in.

He also starts to complain Nexus, which is funny because he may as well be posting here, and because his co-host is just lost then so he gives up.  I think Dolph Ziggler is in there too?  Like this is excerpted from an interview with him.

• Like 1

If Raw is The Muppet Show, then what is Impact?

via: Grainy cell phone photo of a show posted to twitter:

55771672_640.jpg

note: It's not fair to use pictures from before everyone is there?  Wait, this was during the main?  Nevermind.

• Like 2

The divas division suddenly got really good after AJ retired. Ewing Theory in full effect.

The Knicks were terrible after Ewing retired.

Listen, they made the Finals with him on the sidelines in a suit. I guess that's why it's called the Ewing Theory but fuck if I know how it was originated. *shrug*