DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Punk as a Spirit Squad member would have been amazing. He could be sharing a cot at the local soup kitchen with wherever Johnny Jeter is.

Didn't Jim Cornette predict that Ken Doane would be main eventing WrestleMania one day?

In all fairness, how many of us would've thought Miz ever would?

I don't understand the 49ers match. I hope it ended with Mike Singletary beating the fucking shit out of Russo.

It's only called a San Francisco 49ers match because it was at the Cow Palace.  Football has nothing to do with it.  It's a pole match with four mystery boxes on the poles.  They are revealed to contain a blow up doll, a picture of Scott Hall, a coal miner's glove, and the title belt they are fighting over.  And it ended with Beetlejuice in a Steiner recliner

I don't understand the 49ers match. I hope it ended with Mike Singletary beating the fucking shit out of Russo.

It's only called a San Francisco 49ers match because it was at the Cow Palace.  Football has nothing to do with it.  It's a pole match with four mystery boxes on the poles.  They are revealed to contain a blow up doll, a picture of Scott Hall, a coal miner's glove, and the title belt they are fighting over.  And it ended with Beetlejuice in a Steiner recliner

Those last two sentences sound like a Madlib.

• Like 6

Kevin Hart and Jon Stewart's talk about wrestling on last night's Daily Show was awesome. 

If Jon Stewart is and has been such a huge wrestling fan all this time, why has nobody in WWE thought to try to get him involved before?!

And you can tell he's been a big fan for a long time (Talked about being a big fan of Bruno Sammartino, Gorilla Monsoon, Chief Jay Strongbow) but you can tell he still watches it, from him making an embarrassed face when Kevin Hart talked about how he's kinda grown apart from wrestling over the years (The implication being that Stewart has not) and from Stewart saying something along the lines of "Every day when I get to work people only want to talk to me about politics and I'm going "Evolution broke up!  Don't you understand how big that is?!"

• Like 3

Can we at least all agree that Booker's reaction to the Hall picture was amazing?

Yes.  Yes it was.  Best part is that Hall was off tv at the time, and not coming back anytime soon, and there was absolutely no point to the picture being there. 

I think Vince is closer to a libertarian than a standard U.S. right-winger. 

Man, The Daily Show needs to bring back Senior Ass-Kicker Mick Foley.

I don't think Vince is all that political, to be honest. I think he pretty well eats, sleeps, and breathes his company. Yeah, he wants lower taxes, but aside from that doesn't give a shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Linda isn't particularly ideological, either, but when you're running a self-funded campaign based on your business experience, there's only one party to play in.

I think that the reason he hasn't been reached out to is that Vince is apparently a huge right winger. 

Vince is an even huger money-winger.  I think he'd put Karl Marx on the show if he thought he'd pop a buyrate.

I don't think Vince is all that political, to be honest. I think he pretty well eats, sleeps, and breathes his company. Yeah, he wants lower taxes, but aside from that doesn't give a shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Linda isn't particularly ideological, either, but when you're running a self-funded campaign based on your business experience, there's only one party to play in.

Yeah, this. Before Linda's senate run I think both were apolitical, they both still probably are. The only time I ever heard anything political from Vince or WWE was when Lawler bitched about Joseph Lieberman on Raw due to his association with the PTC, but I'm unsure if that came from Vince or not. If it doesn't involve his company or his money I don't think Vince really gives a shit, he's so engrossed with his company that he probably still thinks Mario Cuomo is in office.