DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Goddamn why is Vincent beating Barry Horowitz so much. 

My take-away from those results was that I'm astonished that Chris Adams was not only drawing a paycheck from WCW in 1998 but winning matches and that Finlay and Saturn were evenly matched. That's actually a match I would've liked to have seen back then.

I could be mistaken, but Taz getting up after the power bomb and flicking off Rhino was in basically every video package ECW did that year. It always looked stupid.

And by October they were pushing Rhino as a future main eventer. If Taz had just kicked Rhino's ass, it would not be bad. But he treated him like a joke, at one point poking him in the eye. 

I'm guessing summer of 99, Dreamer is booking. Because the shows have really went downhill. The actual in ring wrestling is the best in the country. But the TV has become a chore. 

A few weeks before Heatwave, Tajiri is jobbing to Guido on TV. Jerry Lynn comes back from his head injury and works a competitive match with Tony Devito. 

Taz is working this endless feud with Corino and Cyrus. They keep teasing a Dudleys/Impact Players feud but never pull the trigger. Instead running Dudleys vs Balls and Spike a hundred times. Which are always good matches, but run something new. 

It seems like Justin Credible will not be put into any match he will likely lose. I really hope the TV turns around soon. 

I believe Rhyno will also shortly get crushed by Mike Awesome in a match that was no more competitive than Mike Awesome-Rod Price.

I really hope the TV turns around soon.

Don't worry you've got Da Baldies coming up soon! 

I could be mistaken, but Taz getting up after the power bomb and flicking off Rhino was in basically every video package ECW did that year. It always looked stupid.

And by October they were pushing Rhino as a future main eventer. If Taz had just kicked Rhino's ass, it would not be bad. But he treated him like a joke, at one point poking him in the eye.

I'm guessing summer of 99, Dreamer is booking. Because the shows have really went downhill. The actual in ring wrestling is the best in the country. But the TV has become a chore.

A few weeks before Heatwave, Tajiri is jobbing to Guido on TV. Jerry Lynn comes back from his head injury and works a competitive match with Tony Devito.

Taz is working this endless feud with Corino and Cyrus. They keep teasing a Dudleys/Impact Players feud but never pull the trigger. Instead running Dudleys vs Balls and Spike a hundred times. Which are always good matches, but run something new.

It seems like Justin Credible will not be put into any match he will likely lose. I really hope the TV turns around soon.

Aww, Taz vs Corino/Cyrus had some fun stuff in it. Cyrus constantly manipulating Corino into talking shit about Taz, then Corino begging off when Taz comes out for a receipt because his "appendic" just burst...

So I watched Knux vs. Kazarian from last month's iMPACT because I was kind of interested in seeing what The Menagerie was after reading about it and I just have one question: Has Taz always been this bad? I mean I barely even noticed Tenay. MIKE TENAY went unnoticed because Taz was so overbearingly awful.

So I watched Knux vs. Kazarian from last month's iMPACT because I was kind of interested in seeing what The Menagerie was after reading about it and I just have one question: Has Taz always been this bad? I mean I barely even noticed Tenay. MIKE TENAY went unnoticed because Taz was so overbearingly awful.

He stopped giving a shit a long time ago. He does stuff that cracks me up (his commentary during the womens match his past week), but for the most part he phones it in because its TNA and they don't expect anything from him.

Taz has always been awful.  I wish they'd just stick Borash on commentary.

Taz is like a waaaaaaaaay worse PUPPIES-era Jerry Lawler. He was much better as a commentator on SmackDown!. 

As for 98-00 ECW, there was so much I hated, like never pulling the trigger on a RVD World Title run, Justin Credible as World Champ, and everything else Vic mentioned. Just thinking about that time annoys me. 

Why isn't Bo Dallas using a submission finisher? He can yell "Don't give up!" at his opponents while they're in it.

But then Bryan Alvarez couldn't complain about Bo's finisher being named after a defunct MMA promotion.