DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

So, unless I'm mistranslating this, Matt Striker is tagging with Super Crazy in the NOAH Jr. Tag League for no apparent reason.

So, unless I'm mistranslating this, Matt Striker is tagging with Super Crazy in the NOAH Jr. Tag League for no apparent reason.

I would laugh even more if it was the OTHER Matt Striker (the one who looks like Baby Gerald)

• Like 2

I just read an article (cageside seats blog so take it as you will) calling this round of cuts along with more internal departmental bloodshed the networks fault. Now, we know money was lost and Vinnie over sold the coming tv deal and the subscription numbers for the network rollout, but I'd have to assume that SOMEONE...ANYONE at Stamford had to project the initial cost/losses in changing to the network model. Am I giving them too much credit?

There was a Raw in St. Louis in 2005 with a Batista-Triple H dark match.  I left before it started, but it was for a good reason:  Fozzy was performing at a nearby night club and I wanted to beat the rush there.

How much were these guys making? It feels like this wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket.

Yeah, but it was easy money to cut.  Several of the people weren't even being used, and guys like Camacho had been around a long time, briefly made the main roster, and were still floating around NXT.  Even if they were only making an average of $50k (a completely uneducated guess), that's almost half a million dollars off the books, with essentially no impact to creative plans.

• Like 1

Yoshi goes back to New Japan. Bourne as Sydal goes back on the Indies. I could see McIntyre and Clay fairing well in Japan. JTG Mahal and Hawkins are gonna be undying it up. Aksana will get by on looks. TNA and ROH will pick up the ref. And I'd assume Teddy is just gonna chill at home and hang with Ron Simmons.

I'm actually not sure he goes back... I thought he burned his bridges there when he jumped to the WWE and it's no lock the money's there for him in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Texas and Funaki's school/dojo/whatever... just work indies out of the southwest.

I would laugh even more if it was the OTHER Matt Striker (the one who looks like Baby Gerald)

That's Matt StrYker. Totally different.

There's just too much stuff on the interwebs for me to complain about how crap the WWE or RoH is. The time it takes me to bitch about their terrible booking, is the time I could have spent watching Shinya Hashimoto matches.

This is true but part of the fun for me about watching RAW is knowing that I can discuss it afterward with like-minded people. Both on the internet & in real life. Those Hashimoto matches might be better but ain't no one gonna have a fucking clue what you're talking about. Some wrestling fans are into Puro but every wrestling fan knows about RAW. Over the years, wrestling has become for me a lot more social of an activity than a dirty secret that people hide from others. I enjoy talking about wrestling more than I enjoy watching it anymore.

This was forever ago but I've been crazy busy this week, and I wanted to respond.

The awesomeness of the internet is that I CAN find people who have a fucking clue what I'm talking about. Even better, I can find people who know MORE than what I'm talking about and can pont me to more and better matches. And I can even find people who haven't watched Shinya Hashimoto, or if I were MAtt D - Buddy Rose, and are actually interested or eager to watch new shit.

Sure the RAW thread has more responses but half those responses are people trying to defend the SHIELD's blandness from Fat Spanish Waiter. I mean, I guess that's fun. But I also really dig it that Matt can send me a message and says "WATCH THIS BERZERKER MATCH." 

It's still social, the pool of participants is just smaller, but discussion is discussion is discussion. I do agree that sometimes I just watch shit because e'rybody's talking bout it, and I want to chime in and say "Yeah, John Cena/Bray Wyatt sucked the balls."

• Like 1

They did, but stock market idiots probably bullied them into making cuts to lift the stock price.

Congrats, you made 3 cents per share.

I wonder if one of the recently fired installed a virus that takes the fractions of a cent, rounds them off and puts it into an account they opened.
  • Like 1

Yoshi goes back to New Japan. Bourne as Sydal goes back on the Indies. I could see McIntyre and Clay fairing well in Japan. JTG Mahal and Hawkins are gonna be undying it up. Aksana will get by on looks. TNA and ROH will pick up the ref. And I'd assume Teddy is just gonna chill at home and hang with Ron Simmons.

I'm actually not sure he goes back... I thought he burned his bridges there when he jumped to the WWE and it's no lock the money's there for him in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Texas and Funaki's school/dojo/whatever... just work indies out of the southwest.

I think I read an interview with him once, where he talked really negatively about New Japan, so I don't think he would want to go back there. There's still a dozen other promotions that surely would take him or he could just form his own promotion. Everyone does it.

That's Matt StrYker. Totally different.

Is Chad Collyer still around at least?

Traveling yesterday so I missed the Great Purge of 2014, but I'm sad we'll never get my heel tag team reunion...

Dr. Shad Gaspard,

JTG, Esq.

Corporate Crime Time.

Could Scott Norton, if built up correctly, have made a good WCW champion? I grew up with NJPW and he always impressed the hell out of me. Seeing him in play such a tiny role in WCW later on was weird to me. That said, I have no idea whether he was any good on the mic. But, even if that were the case, if you gave him a mouthpiece, could he have been a 'good' champion?

• Like 1