DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

As a bonus for just extending his contract instead-of renewing, WWE doesn't have to pay him his downside because he's not currently injured, he's just refusing to work.  They get the best of both worlds - keeping Rey away from anyone else and not having to pay him!

• Like 1

As a bonus for just extending his contract instead-of renewing, WWE doesn't have to pay him his downside because he's not currently injured, he's just refusing to work.  They get the best of both worlds - keeping Rey away from anyone else and not having to pay him!

Wasn't it posting a pic of Rey unmasked that finally got Matt Hardy future endeavored?

To be fair, JTG got a pretty good deal. 7 years of continued employment at a high salary without too many bumps and bruises.

Are you kidding me? He's my fucking hero!!!

Plus, he obviously inspired the Shield gimmick:

ae5f115648jtg.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else suggested this, but they could go by the European Union. Of course since it's WWE, they'd eventually abbreviate it to the EU, but it'd still be awesome.

Not only has it been suggested, but it's an idea that has been around since Regal was in WCW in the late 90's. Possibly the most fantasy booked suggestion in IWC history outside of a Cena turn.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else suggested this, but they could go by the European Union. Of course since it's WWE, they'd eventually abbreviate it to the EU, but it'd still be awesome.

Not only has it been suggested, but it's an idea that has been around since Regal was in WCW in the late 90's. Possibly the most fantasy booked suggestion in IWC history outside of a Cena turn.

Oh.

Does Magnus, Douglas Williams, and Rob Terry as the British Invasion count as TNA doing it first?  Would it make sense for Drew McIntyre to join Magnus and Bram (formerly Kenneth Cameron of the Ascension before being released after legal problems, for those who don't watch TNA)?  Would TNA doing it make you hate WWE appearing to copy them?

Funaki managed to get on air sporadically during that tenure though, when was the last time JTG was on, when AJ started up the crazy person storyline? Plus, some of the guys needed Funaki to order and receive their packages from Signature Pharmacy. Especially his neighbor HBK, who used him as a liaison to order his hair cream from Japan.

Didn't they even make it into a wwe 2k13 storyline as the United Kingdom?