DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

This at least means Teddy gets to work on his new production of Glengarry Glenn Ross:

"Teddy, we need the leads!"

"That's IT!  YOU AL PACINO, and you old Jewish guy!  You're going to TEAM UP and face off with that ODD Couple dude that Kevin Spacey loves and Kevin Spacey in a TAG TEAM ELIMINATION SALES COMPETITION!!!!  THE WINNERS WILL BE NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS TO THE TAG TEAM TITLE!!! The losers will get a set of steak knives AND A TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH!!!!"

I feel like there's some sort of Bring it On or Pitch Perfect type joke in here. Go work on that.

• Like 1

Long may you ride Playa

teddy_long_tag_team_match_8.jpg

Never noticed this before, but the shine on Teddy's head makes it look like he has the same deformed/messed up head that Darth has when he takes his helmet off in Jedi.

• Like 1

He managed Doom and was the original Black Ref.

And Orosco was an important bullpen cog on the '86 Mets and then had a lasting career as a middle reliever where, every time he pitched, people said "He's still pitching?"

• Like 1

This at least means Teddy gets to work on his new production of Glengarry Glenn Ross:

"Teddy, we need the leads!"

"That's IT!  YOU AL PACINO, and you old Jewish guy!  You're going to TEAM UP and face off with that ODD Couple dude that Kevin Spacey loves and Kevin Spacey in a TAG TEAM ELIMINATION SALES COMPETITION!!!!  THE WINNERS WILL BE NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS TO THE TAG TEAM TITLE!!! The losers will get a set of steak knives AND A TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH!!!!"

I feel like there's some sort of Bring it On or Pitch Perfect type joke in here. Go work on that.

20 MAN OVER THE TOP NOTE ELIMINATION BATTLE ROYAL SING OFF!  WINNER BECOMES NUMBER 1 CONTENDER!!! THE 19 LOSERS WILL PARTICIPATE IN A 19 MAN ELIMINATION CHEER OFF!!! THE WINNER OF THAT WILL JOIN THE WINNER OF THAT FIRST THING IN A TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH THAT STARTS RIGHT NOW!!!!

THE REMAINING 18 PARTICIPANTS WILL COMPETE IN A SIX ON SIX ON SIX ELIMINATION TAG TEAM TRIPLE THREAT MATCH WITH THE WINNING TEAM GOING ON TO A 3 MAN OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYAL TO SEE WHO WILL BE THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER TO THE NEW NUMBER ONE CONTENDER!!!!

I don't get the Drew love either. He was incredibly uncharismatic and decided to get "good" AFTER his big push instead of doing anything with the big push.

Yeah, how dare he get better after working more matches? Why couldn't he, as a 24 year old with no experience of big time wrestling, have great matches right out of the gate and be super charismatic?

Being tall and have magnificent hair is not the same as being charismatic.

YOUSHUTR YOUR STUIPID UGLYMOUTH!!!!!

THAT'S SOME COMPELLING SHIT

I.... I kinda wanna see that.

It doesn't make a lick of sense to me, which makes me pretty sure I outsourced it to the right guy. If I had sent it Gregg's way, it would have made sense to me, but I'd probably still be reading it now.

Bryan Alvarez ‏@bryanalvarez  1m

Does kind of suck that my birthday is now associated with 10 people getting axed

WHAT ABOUT ME! WHAT ABOUT ALVAREZ!

"How 10 wrestlers getting axed killed Bryan Alvarez's bday" Foreword by Vince Russo.

Bryan Alvarez ‏@bryanalvarez  1m

Does kind of suck that my birthday is now associated with 10 people getting axed

WHAT ABOUT ME! WHAT ABOUT ALVAREZ!

"How 10 wrestlers getting axed killed Bryan Alvarez's bday" Foreword by Vince Russo.

Don't let Curt Hawkins hear Bryan say that.  People got fired today, idiot!

Yeah Triple H congratulated Floyd Merriweather on being the highest paid athlete in the world today.

I didn't see Hawkins chiming in on that

Because I got bored - here is the current WWE Roster according to wwe.com (at 2:38 pm when I started this). Spoilerized for size.

Wade Barrett - IC Champ

Sheamus - US Champ

Paige - Divas Champ

J & J Uso - Tag Champs

Adam Rose

AJ Lee

Alberto Del Rio

Alex Riley

Alicia Fox

Big E

Big Show

Bo Dallas

Booker T

Bray Wyatt

Brock Lesnar

Byron Saxton

Cameron

Cesaro

Christian
CM Punk

Cody Rhodes

Curtis Axel

Damien Sandow

Daniel Bryan

Darren Young

David Otunga

Dean Ambrose

Diego

Dolph Ziggler

The Rock

El Torito

Emma

Erick Rowan

Eva Marie

Fandango

Fernando

Goldust

Khali

Heath Slater

Hornswoggle

Hogan

Hunico

Jack Swagger

Jason Albert

JBL

Jerry Lawler

John Cena

Josh Matthews

JTG

Justin Gabriel

Justin Roberts

Kane

Kofi Kingston

Lana

Layla

Lilian Garcia

Luke Harper

Mark Henry

Michael Cole

The Miz

Vince McMahon

Naomi

Natalya

Nikki Bella

Paul Heyman

R-Truth

Randy Orton

Renee Young

Rey Mysterio

Ricardo Rodriguez

Rob Van Dam

Roman Reigns

Rosa Mendes

Rusev

Ryback

Santino Marella

Scott Stanford

Seth Rollins

Sin Cara

Stephanie McMahon

Summer Rae

Tamina

Titus O'Neil

Tom Phillips

Tony Chimel

Triple H

Tyson Kidd

Undertaker

Vickie Guerrero

William Regal

Xavier Woods

Zack Ryder

Zeb Colter

A couple of things

• All the released folks are gone. JTG is still listed so... yeah
  • Hunico/SIn Cara is listed twice
  • Brie Bella and Brad Maddux are not listed

While I'm not as high on him as most are here, I like Drew Mac's striking in particular. I never thought he put it all together, but he had some decent TV matches and looks like a guy that can go somewhere else, figure things out, and come back later as a more complete wrestler. 

He does need a mouthpiece, though.