DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

This'll probably be a stupid question, but with these releases, are they still under the 90-day no-competes?  I know it doesn't really affect indie bookings but if any of them wanted to go to TNA and (probably) ROH, it might...

With the exception of Teddy, yes. 

Right - Teddy's contract actually expired, the others didn't.

1.5MB now. Drew McIntyre is gone.

Thank god. Maybe now some of you will stop being wet on this guy, thinking he'll finally break through and become the next big WWE champion.

He was there for years. It was never going to happen.

The DVDVR Message Board has come to terms on the release of Jack Half-a-Prayer. DVDVR wishes him the best in all of his future endeavors.

brodus_badge.png

Your finest work.

Drew was awesome in his initial run, got into political trouble, and was basically doomed after that. He is every bit as talented as Barrett and Sheamus (and I like both of those guys), but was doomed in 3MB (fun as they are were as a jobber team). It will be much harder for McIntyre to return as a top guy in today's day and age, but he has the talent to possibly overcome it if he ever returns.

I remember on Twitter, Brodus Clay for about 300 days or so, kept tweeting about working hard & getting in shape. Posting pictures of him at the gym & stuff. Then the next time he was on TV, he was fatter.

I thought Brodus had a pretty good personality & was a funny guy. Him making fun of Zeus when all the WWE Superstars were talking about the release of No Holds Barred on DVD was really good stuff. Just couldn't really make it work in WWE I guess. Shame.

Who has the best conditioned hair in WWE now that Drew is gone?

Dude, have you SEEN Roman Reigns' hair?  That man has some Kevin Nash-level shine.

Just imagine how wonderful it was in High School

The best thing he did as the Chosen One was smashing Matt Hardy's fooking head in on the stairs. He never looked comfortable AT ALL; couldn't get a reaction if he whipped out a gun and shot someone; and anyone who said he had good matches must've been dreaming while the rest of us were just snoozin'. They pushed him back but it was too late. He had already had the stench of "Who gives a shit?" to the crowd.

And his ex-wife is better than him in every way imaginable. Can we bring her crazy ass back?

You know how back in the early 90s you could buy those "calls from a Superstar" where a wrestler would supposedly call someone on a special occassion?  They should offer the same service, but with Barrett being able to be hired to deliver bad news over the phone.

• Like 1

So many people I'm learning are just awful awful creatures.

This is disturbing that two of my biggest allies on the Drew bandwagon are Blues fans, but situations create strange allies. Seriously, the guy can talk, work, and of course had a phenomenal entrance (and yes, that matters). For me, all that matters is if I buy you in the situation being presented, and I certainly bought Drew McIntyre as The Chosen One.

I wouldn't mind seeing Santino off my tv, but he seems pretty over for an undercard jtts.  I imagine he probably sells enough merch not to have to worry too much.

Plus he has his gym in Toronto so he wouldn't be hurting too badly even if they did cashier him.