DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I fear Cena-Orton part 47465 if either of them wins the title but this could be spun to create a new star. Could...

Given a forced choice, would you prefer champ Cena vs non-Orton challengers or champ Orton vs non-Cena challengers?

I don't think this is the right time to put the belt on a new guy, unless you think he can overcome the perception of being a paper champion who is just holding the belt until Bryan comes back.  It needs to be someone who gives you the option of losing the title back to a returning Daniel Bryan at Battleground.

It might be time for the WWE to drop the mentality that the world title has to be defended at every single PPV. The UFC/MMA style of building up to big world title matches would be a better way to go. But if they insist on having a champion they should do the Interim route and just have Bryan come back when hes fully healed to face who ever that is.

TNA had a stretch where they seemed to do a title defense every other PPV.  Maybe it was a way to avoid having Jarrett keep the belt via non-clean method every single month, but it didn't feel right.

It really makes too much sense not to do it. They get a bail-out on Bryan being injured and a potentially directionless heel turn. They're not even losing much for match quality with Rollins in that spot. Only other good option is Heyman weaseling Lesnar in there as mystery guy to set up Bryan ending Brock's reign of terror later. Orton or Cena winning would be terrible.

The problem with Lesnar is that with his contract you're trading in a guy who can't defend the title for a guy who won't defend the title.

They should put it on Hunter. May as well go full heel troll with it.  Have Bryan come back and win it at SummerSlam.

Wouldn't full heel troll be putting it on someone like Ziggler then having HHH squash him for the title the next night on Raw?  Is there a better option than Ziggler for that plan?

They should put it on Hunter. May as well go full heel troll with it.  Have Bryan come back and win it at SummerSlam.

Wouldn't full heel troll be putting it on someone like Ziggler then having HHH squash him for the title the next night on Raw?  Is there a better option than Ziggler for that plan?

Seth Rollins.

Very disappointing that Bryan's reign has to go down like this.  His collective reigns have been some of the worst in history but it's not his fault.  Would it be that hard to prolong his reign until he's ready in July hopefully?  If they can drag out the shitty 3MB/Matadores program, why can't they drag that out?

I know they were backed into a corner, and hindsight being 20/20 but this makes Brie quitting look bad since at the time Bryan probably knew he wasn't ready to compete

Once I read this, I realized this whole injury thing and Forcing Brie to quit is just a set up for a Bryan heel turn on Total Divas.

1. Obviously how this is working out for Bryan is a huge fucking bummer, but in the other hand...

2. Who they put the belt on is so wide open, I'm kind of excited. I hope they go with Rollins.

3. Del Rio has no business in this match. Ziggler would have been the much better choice.