DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

From Dave

It has been confirmed that WWE officials were made aware on either Thursday or Friday that Daniel Bryan will not be able to wrestle on the Money in the Bank show and that on the show tonight it is expected they will strip him of the title and announce that a Money in the Bank ladder match will determine the new champion.

It wasn't a house show.

EDIT:  This was in regards to the "Bret beating Flair for the title at a house show" post

So, technically it was a non-televised match that was not at a house show.  How many title changes fit that description?

I am going back a few pages here but I just need to say this. Ian Rotten, especially in 2002, was one of the best workers in the world. His quasi Battlarts matches with guys like Hero and Tarek the Great were easily among the best things on the indies in those days. Anyone who disagrees is just ignorant.

• Like 3

I am going back a few pages here but I just need to say this. Ian Rotten, especially in 2002, was one of the best workers in the world. His quasi Battlarts matches with guys like Hero and Tarek the Great were easily on the best things on the indies in those days. Anyone who disagrees is just ignorant.

Wasn't it Phil Schneider who described those matches as "Battlarts on meth"?

It might be time for the WWE to drop the mentality that the world title has to be defended at every single PPV. The UFC/MMA style of building up to big world title matches would be a better way to go. But if they insist on having a champion they should do the Interim route and just have Bryan come back when hes fully healed to face who ever that is.

WWE Interim champion Brock Lesnar runs rough shot over ever. Bryan comes back and says he hasn't beaten him. Boom there's your BIG title match.

• Like 1

The door's wide open for Seth Rollins.

This is what I'm saying. Rollins winning and becoming the new champion would put over his turn even more, and would help rationalize him joining up with Evolution. He never would've gotten the shot or become champion if he didn't turn on The Shield. It opens it up to fresh title matches with Reigns, Ambrose, Cena, and even Orton if he gets "jealous" of HHH's new chosen one.

Now that we know MitB will be for the belt, who is going to be in it? Will they retcon del Rio winning a qualifying match last week? If not, what a lame duck entry he'll be against the other guys they'll likely put in. I could see Ambrose/Reigns/Cena/Orton/Cesaro/Wyatt being the others, if they go with a field of 8.

This is what I'm saying. Rollins winning and becoming the new champion would put over his turn even more, and would help rationalize him joining up with Evolution. He never would've gotten the shot or become champion if he didn't turn on The Shield. It opens it up to fresh title matches with Reigns, Ambrose, Cena, and even Orton if he gets "jealous" of HHH's new chosen one.

Now that we know MitB will be for the belt, who is going to be in it? Will they retcon del Rio winning a qualifying match last week? If not, what a lame duck entry he'll be against the other guys they'll likely put in. I could see Ambrose/Reigns/Cena/Orton/Cesaro/Wyatt being the others, if they go with a field of 8.

Kane, probably, will be in as well.

I am going back a few pages here but I just need to say this. Ian Rotten, especially in 2002, was one of the best workers in the world. His quasi Battlarts matches with guys like Hero and Tarek the Great were easily on the best things on the indies in those days. Anyone who disagrees is just ignorant.

Wasn't it Phil Schneider who described those matches as "Battlarts on meth"?

I believe it was "meth-head Battlarts." Battlarts on meth, metaphorically speaking, would be too much for anyone to handle I think.

I wish I hadn't been right

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

I really hope Bryan is selling and not on the verge of Orndorffing himself.

Orndoorfing himself would mean coming back early and competing with the bad wing. This is better off. That being said, they gotta start strapping rockets to dudes now.

It really makes too much sense not to do it. They get a bail-out on Bryan being injured and a potentially directionless heel turn. They're not even losing much for match quality with Rollins in that spot. Only other good option is Heyman weaseling Lesnar in there as mystery guy to set up Bryan ending Brock's reign of terror later. Orton or Cena winning would be terrible.

As for the line-up, I think Cena/Orton/Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose/Del Rio would do it. Maybe Kane takes ADR's spot somehow. I'd like to see Cesaro or Bray get in, but you're going to need some guys for depth on the card with MITB being for the title.