DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Customer: Now, Meng, I want make sure that we get two coats of wax this time, not just one.

Meng: I'm just finishing up the second coat now.

Customer: Now, Meng, don't con me.

Meng: *breaks off door handle*

• Like 2

Meng would fuck you all up for imagining that he wastes time on a wrestling message board.

I can imagine Meng on a message board.  I just can't imagine him spending time to sign in to his account.

I assume he just puts the Tongan Death Grip on the keyboard until it taps out and accesses his account.

Customer: Now, Meng, I want make sure that we get two coats of wax this time, not just one.

Now picture Meng as William H Macy in Fargo.

I think Joe as Umaga would have been as successful as the Tensai gimmick. He just doesn't have the look for it with his pompadour, and without making too many waves, he looks more like a Latino dude then he does Samoan.

Also Joe doesn't look tough fat. He looks fat fat.

Did Eddie Fatu really look "tough fat" compared to "fat fat" Joe? I mean, I wouldn't have told the dude he didn't to his face, but when I think "tough fat" I think of guys like Vader or Gordy.

Yes. Even as part of 3MW, he had that sort of mystique to him. And he was slim then.

0.jpg

And if WWE wanted to Joe to cut weight, he would've. He did for UPW and he was fatter before then than he ever was in TNA.

Now picture Meng as William H Macy in Fargo.

Meng: Well, we've never done this before. But seeing as it's special circumstances and all, he says I can knock a hundred dollars off that Trucoat.

Irate Customer: One hundred... You lied to me, Mr. Fifita. You're a bald-faced liar. A... fucking liar.

Meng: *crushes phone reciever in irritation*

Irate Customer: [to his wife, scared] Where's my goddamn checkbook? Let's get this over with.

• Like 1

Back on the topic of surprise title changes, the Last Man Standing with Del Rio turning face and winning the belt against Big Show was a shocker. One hell of a match, too. Of course they ruined that horribly and now ADR only decides to pull a good one out of his ass every month or two when he isn't stuck doing paint-by-numbers with somebody he's faced 1000 times in a row.

Turning on Challenge/Superstars in October of 1992 and finding out Bret Hart had won the title was pretty huge.

Also, in a personal one, seeing the Steiners win the Tag Titles from Money Inc. at a house show in June of 1993.  I had heard about the double switch at the start of the week and just didn't think of the possibility of another change.  Obviously it's not as shocking in retrospect:  Steiners won them at the start of a taping so they could tape stuff with them with the belts, Money Inc. won them back a few days later, then the Steiners regained them at the house show I was at.

• Like 1

From Dave

It has been confirmed that WWE officials were made aware on either Thursday or Friday that Daniel Bryan will not be able to wrestle on the Money in the Bank show and that on the show tonight it is expected they will strip him of the title and announce that a Money in the Bank ladder match will determine the new champion.

It wasn't a house show.

EDIT:  This was in regards to the "Bret beating Flair for the title at a house show" post

So, technically it was a non-televised match that was not at a house show.  How many title changes fit that description?