DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Under the category of ridiculous things I actually believe, the Briscoes have never been given a proper shot because they have "it" and would get over huge and immediately become a liability

Huh, and I just always chalked it up the amount of drugs I assume they use.

And the fact that one day Jay Briscoe learned what Twitter was. That was their big mistake.

• Like 1

Great. This whole discussion hinges on Fat Spanish Waiter reading a "rumblings" post from a message board nearly 10 years ago.

Like he knew how to read ten years ago.

FSW: "What the hell does Yokozuna have to do with the Hart Foundation and why do people keep saying that?!"

I know your education system is one of the worst in the world but how late do you guys learn? Every Englishman is able to read at the age of three.

• Like 2

For the "Nattie sucks" people...  why don't you go ahead and give me the names of the divas who are better than her and WHY they are better than her. I'd love to shred your argument to pieces because I doubt there are more than two..

I don't think Nattie is bad per say as she is incredibly prone to not giving a damn. And it's clear as day when she doesn't care.

Great. This whole discussion hinges on Fat Spanish Waiter reading a "rumblings" post from a message board nearly 10 years ago.

FSW: "What the hell does Yokozuna have to do with the Hart Foundation and why do people keep saying that?!"

I know your education system is one of the worst in the world but how late do you guys learn? Every Englishman is able to read at the age of three.

Wait, you're over the age of thirteen?

Says the guy that doesn't like Steve Blackman.

If Joe had gone to WWE, he likely would've joined Punk in OVW until the new ECW started up and Heyman lobbied for them both to join the main roster. We likely would've gotten Punk vs. Joe as a fun mini-feud in the fall of 2006 or something. 

I see Joe just fumbling around the midcard in ECW, possibly getting traded to RAW eventually and getting lost in the shuffle. 

I believe Court Bauer (who was a writer during those years) recently shot down the "Joe was supposed to be Umaga" rumor. 

Joe isn't nearly monstrous enough.  That said, it makes me sad to think that if Joe had gotten hired by WWE, maybe he'd still give a shit.  (Though not necessarily; see Del Rio, Alberto.)

1.) I like Steve Blackman fine and hope we get a Blackman's Bounties show on the Network

2.) That's the exact sort of unrelated "Well, well, you blah blah blah.." one would expect from a thirteen year old. Just saying.

1.) I like Steve Blackman fine and hope we get a Blackman's Bounties show on the Network

2.) That's the exact sort of unrelated "Well, well, you blah blah blah.." one would expect from a thirteen year old. Just saying.

Blackman doesn't fit the Matt D werkrate mould.

Under the category of ridiculous things I actually believe, the Briscoes have never been given a proper shot because they have "it" and would get over huge and immediately become a liability

Huh, and I just always chalked it up the amount of drugs I assume they use.

And the fact that one day Jay Briscoe learned what Twitter was. That was their big mistake.

Yeah if they were in say the WWE when Jay did his whole "I'll shoot anyone who tries to teach my kids about gay people" thing on Twitter, the flack the WWE would have gotten would never go away. TV shows like Nancy Grace would just go back to that token screen grab and say how "The biggest wrestling company in the world supports homophobia".

It really is a blessing for Ring of Honor that they arent on anywhere that people actually can watch the show.

I think the shock was that it was 100% clean, even Punk won with a slight distraction.

Also, the running knee was new so that added to the surprise when the referee counted to three.

What about Eddie Edwards winning the ROH Title? That was pretty out of nowhere.

I think Joe as Umaga would have been as successful as the Tensai gimmick. He just doesn't have the look for it with his pompadour, and without making too many waves, he looks more like a Latino dude then he does Samoan.

Also Joe doesn't look tough fat. He looks fat fat.

Did Eddie Fatu really look "tough fat" compared to "fat fat" Joe? I mean, I wouldn't have told the dude he didn't to his face, but when I think "tough fat" I think of guys like Vader or Gordy.

I think Joe as Umaga would have been as successful as the Tensai gimmick. He just doesn't have the look for it with his pompadour, and without making too many waves, he looks more like a Latino dude then he does Samoan.

Did Eddie Fatu really look "tough fat" compared to "fat fat" Joe? I mean, I wouldn't have told the dude he didn't to his face, but when I think "tough fat" I think of guys like Vader or Gordy.

I think Meng. You gonna post an opposing opinion on a public forum?

Meng wasn't fat, so yes.

No, but I'm not suicidal enough to call Meng fat.

R.I.P. Fat Spanish Waiter

• Like 1