DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I remember as a kid being interested in the odd couple pairing of Grandmaster Sexay and Blackman before Brian got himself fired. I remember Eddie forming an alliance with Team Xtreme in June of 2001 and wanting to see where it would go then he went to rehab. 

Man, I wish we lived in a world where Steve Blackman had won the Brawl For All.

I do wonder what would've happened if Dr. Death won like everyone thought. How would a run of Austin/Williams (or Williams/Williams) matches have turned out? Austin sure as shit wasn't going to be taking any backdrop drivers. Do we get all of the Kane/Undertaker conspiracy with Mr. McMahon stuff?

Doc could work just fine without death moves for the most part, but I don't know if the same held true by that point in his career.

There was a bit where he was setting up his own announce table and Doc was protecting him.

Am I crazy or was there a segment once where Dr Death and Bob Holly ended up fighting in a frat house or something?  And I'd sear Bob Holly got suplexed into a fishtank?  I'm not sure what would be more interesting......if that really happened or if imagined it because of mental problems or something.

There was a bit where he was setting up his own announce table and Doc was protecting him.

Am I crazy or was there a segment once where Dr Death and Bob Holly ended up fighting in a frat house or something? And I'd sear Bob Holly got suplexed into a fishtank? I'm not sure what would be more interesting......if that really happened or if imagined it because of mental problems or something.

It happened . I have no memory of why but it happened.

I only have two questions: 1) What happened to Jack Stewart's package, and 2) WHY CAN'T I STOP STARING AT JACK STEWART'S PACKAGE?

It's the fat guy equivalent of a camel toe.  The whole thing is off to the left.

Jim Cornette has spent hours talking about the BFA being the biggest money loser in history because it killed Steve Williams and of course it's Russo's fault.

Bob Holly talks about it quite a bit in his book too. He said that the Bart Gunn/Butterbean match was promoted under BFA rules but behind the scenes, Bean would only fight if it was straight boxing pretty much ensuring Bart had no chance. He also said that Blackman would've won the thing in a walk but tore his ACL training.

Yep, here's a quick summary:

Holly talks about Brawl for All, and says it was a tool to get Steve Williams over, nothing more. Each guy would get $5,000 per match, win or lose, with the winner getting $100,000. Tiger Ali Singh dropped out, so Bradshaw suggested to management that Holly take his place. Blackman was entered, and started training. Holly labels Blackman as one of the most dangerous men he’s ever met. Once they found out Blackman was going to basically start ripping apart people with kicks, they changed the rules of the competition. Blackman blew out his own knee in training, otherwise, Holly says he still would have won. Holly lost to Gunn in the first round. He said the judges fixed the first Williams’ fight, as this was nothing more than a competition to put him over. The next match, the entire locker room exploded in the back when Gunn knocked out Williams, because they know management wanted Williams to win. Holly says he was next to Williams, who was getting looked over by the training staff, as he had a dislocated jaw and torn hamstring, and Williams said “I don’t know what they’re going to do now … they already paid me the prize money.” He thinks Gunn won the following bouts against Godfather and Bradshaw fair and square. He says the Butterbean match was revenge from management for Gunn knocking out Williams.

• Like 2

It would be nice if Batista could at least be a little self-aware.

More of a case of you being gullible. Listen to his Wrestling Observer Radio shows.

Woah, you really got me there...

THE PITFALLS OF SETTING UP POLAND'S FIRST PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING FEDERATION

It’s quite an American form of entertainment. How did the Poles take it?
I'm not sure Polish people understand what pro wrestling is. Their history is full of wars; they were always engaged in a battle with someone—so the very idea of fighting, even for sport, is a very serious deal to them. In general, as a nation, they are very serious. Americans can chill out a bit. We understand that this is just entertainment. It’s still a sport, as everything that happens in the ring hurts quite a lot, but it’s strictly for the enjoyment of the audience.

Do you remember any particular fights or anecdotes?

Yes, during one of the fights I got hit on the head with a chair and started bleeding profusely. I fell out of the ring, and there was a little boy sitting in the first row. He was sure that my cut was fake—he told his friends “It’s just ketchup!” and stuck his finger in my wound and put it in his mouth.

Holy shit.
Yeah, he literally turned green.

• Like 1

I only have two questions: 1) What happened to Jack Stewart's package, and 2) WHY CAN'T I STOP STARING AT JACK STEWART'S PACKAGE?

It's the fat guy equivalent of a camel toe.  The whole thing is off to the left.

Hmm.  All righty then.

Okay, one more question: why is the "American Gun" posing with what appears to be an AK-47?

Hmm.  All righty then.

Okay, one more question: why is the "American Gun" posing with what appears to be an AK-47?

Because we assumed nobody would notice.  You're the second person to do so now, next to James F'n X.

• Like 1

Confession: Whenever I walk down stairs, I play the Shield theme in my head.

I need to grow up :(

I'm 38 and I do the exact same thing. 

I've been guilty of it.