DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Mind blown.  Caught a bit of a Scotty Riggs shoot.  He claims he was 2nd choice for Bagwell's partner in the American Males.  WCW's first choice.... Tommy Dreamer.

That's not all that farfetched.  Dreamer was part of an American Males-style pretty boy tag team when he started out (in the New England indys).  His TD Madison character would have fit right in,

Stlll... mind blown.  I've heard WWF and WCW both offered him deals pre-ECW.  His career could have been a lot different,

Dave Bautista ‏@DaveBautista  25m

6 guys go 2 war and beat the shit out of each other and what do the genius smarks walk away with?"Batista wore blue!What a loser!" #dipshits

I think Batista is doing an awesome job of working his "out-of-touch former star who thinks bitching about internet smarks is still company policy in 2014" gimmick...

Has this been posted here already?

They actually got The Iron Sheik to do the voice work.  Pretty standard fare as far as Sheiky humor goes but

"Did The Lawrence and Sheiky Baby win the war?"

cracked me up.

Rumblings have CM Punk in Chicago tonight!

1601066_10152862947144838_63038214808439

It's happening!!

But he's jogging in NYC! That means something!

He must be looking for Jeff Jarrett who wanders the streets of New York looking for talent...

Punk needs to run to the oddly filtered part of town where the people move in slow motion.

What angles out there do people typically shit on that you personally love?

I ask only because I liked Undertaker vs. Undertaker when I was eleven, and I still like it now.

I like heel JR and fake Razor/Diesel. Kind of dig Corny's NWA invasion, too.

For whatever reason I don't remember much of Nise Razor and Diesel outside of Memphis, but heel JR was great. 

I remember in JR came out with Dr Death in the beginning of '99 before he got struck with bells palsy. Nothing came of it because he got sick a week or so later. This was after the Brawl for all I guess the had plans for Dr Death.

I ask only because I liked Undertaker vs. Undertaker when I was eleven, and I still like it now.

For whatever reason I don't remember much of Nise Razor and Diesel outside of Memphis, but heel JR was great. 

I remember in JR came out with Dr Death in the beginning of '99 before he got struck with bells palsy. Nothing came of it because he got sick a week or so later. This was after the Brawl for all I guess the had plans for Dr Death.

That happened after the second Bells Palsey attack. 

Williams did a radio interview right before he debuted and said he was being brought in for a program against Austin. He didn't elaborate beyond that, so I have no idea if it was going to be a big angle or just a match or two, and I have no idea who was interviewing him, just that it was on a radio show I heard that was dedicated to wrestling.

Vince McMahon has to be in his glory he had an Eastern European monster on the roster right about the time Russia became somewhat evil again.

• Like 1

Williams did a radio interview right before he debuted and said he was being brought in for a program against Austin. He didn't elaborate beyond that, so I have no idea if it was going to be a big angle or just a match or two, and I have no idea who was interviewing him, just that it was on a radio show I heard that was dedicated to wrestling.
The story I always heard was that the whole point of Brawl for All was the company assumed Dr. Death would eat everybody up, win the tournament, and then feud with Austin. Which obviously didn't happen.

As such, Vince fucking robbed us of the Steve Austin vs. Bart Gunn PPV main event we are owed.

Shit, that was an IYH, right?

I've always wondered if that was a work or if JR's mic was just really busted and they ran with it.

Buried Alive during the Austin/HHH match. Lawler had some great one-liners there too. "Don't you hate it when Vince goes, 'one two hegothimnohedidn't'? Don't you hate that JR?"

Jim Cornette has spent hours talking about the BFA being the biggest money loser in history because it killed Steve Williams and of course it's Russo's fault.

Bob Holly talks about it quite a bit in his book too. He said that the Bart Gunn/Butterbean match was promoted under BFA rules but behind the scenes, Bean would only fight if it was straight boxing pretty much ensuring Bart had no chance. He also said that Blackman would've won the thing in a walk but tore his ACL training.