DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Yesterday for the first time in years I watched Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind from In Your House 10: Mind Games. It's still a terrific match, Mick Foley's best ever match and one of the greatest in the history of the company.

Well Superstar Billy Graham is still crazy and bitter.  here is some critique of Smackdown show:

It is not my job and I have no business to critique or pass along any negative judgment on the WWE. Believe me there are plenty of critics around to opine on the state of the WWE.

Last night when I saw Bo Dallas running around the ring acting like an idiot and hugging his opponent Xavier Woods when the match was over I wanted to vomit. Then here come the effeminate Pete Rose sucking on a lollipop, followed by maybe 15 of his circus troupe of freaks and geek's, he gives me the creeps. Then came the dwarf El Torito dressed in a children's bull costume who proceeds to pin a normal size wrestler. By then I did indeed vomit.

Now I have the image of Pete Rose at card shows with a lollipop telling people who won't pay $75 for a autograph "Don't be a lemon"  :lol:

• Like 6

Watching some 2008 ROH. Damn I like Austin Aries moveset. The Pride style knees to the dome followed by that bridging submission is an awesome combo. Made even better when they follow a brainbuster.

Agreed. Wasn't it called Horns of Aries? Best use of it was versus Nigel McGuiness at ROH Rising Above 2007.

Watching the WWE 25 GREATEST RIVALRIES doc, and I don't think I've seen a more complete and ridiculous case of revisionist history than Cody Rhodes talking about the fan reaction to the build to the WM XXV main event and especially the match itself.

• Like 1

Shawn/Taker at XXV Not going last was almost as big of a blunder as Rock/Hogan not going last at X8

And what was the common demonitator in both situations?  I wonder who that could be

Yeah as someone who was actually there, the crowd didn't give two shits about that match after the first 2 or 3 minutes when they did all their finishers immediately.   As soon as they did they announce that stipulation about losing the title on a DQ the crowd knew this was going to blow

Watching some 2008 ROH. Damn I like Austin Aries moveset. The Pride style knees to the dome followed by that bridging submission is an awesome combo. Made even better when they follow a brainbuster.

Aries was amazing around that time, he had one my favorite straight up wrestling matches EVER again Danielson at the Take No Prisoners PPV.

I remember watching the two and thinking that, besides height, Aries looked very professional and ready for mainstream compared to Bryan. Funny how that turned out.

To be fair, they made the same mistake putting Cena/Miz after HHH/Taker at XXVII, and got the same result.

Or maybe that was just putting Miz in the main event.

• Like 1

Going to WWE Payback tonight, but my buddy and I doing the bus trip from Victoria/Tara's Squared Circle restaurant near Wrigleyville. I highly recommend it. Great milkshakes and food. Really looking forward to the show tonight.

WWE.com has a great article about the best masked wrestlers of all time that is fantastic until a list that includes El Santo and Ultimo Dragon has Kane and Rey as 2 and 1.

Two guys who have worked sans mask.

And what was the common demonitator in both situations?  I wonder who that could be

The WWE Title?

I like to bash Triple H as much as the next guy but hasnt he been public about how vocal he was not to go after Rock/Hogan? Both him and Jericho have been saying for years that the fought it until the 11th hour.

WrestleMania XXVII was always going to have The Rock in the main event segment, Undertaker match be damned. Besides, I'm with the group that thinks the Undertaker/Triple H matches weren't that great, so that as a main event wouldn't have worked for me. On the other hand, though, anything was better than the finish to Cena/Miz.

• Like 1